Spidey Spin-Offs Madame Web spin-off in the works

Discussion in 'Sony Spider-Man Spin-Offs' started by Silvermoth, Sep 26, 2019.

1. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

Well who would you cast. In my exposure to Madame Webb, she's an older lady.

I certainly don't want a 20 something to 40 something actress, or someone that looks young as Madame Webb.

2. Spider-Aziz Dummy Dragon Holo

This is Madame Web now.

[​IMG]

The old lady is dead

3. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

I want the classic Madame Web.

4. Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

Why? She's less cool and can't fight. Julia is somebody who was cool even back when she was Spider-Woman and Arachne.

5. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

Because I want an older actress in the role. Thing is, a Madame Webb movie already sounds unusual, so why not also cast an older actress in the lead role who Hollywood wouldn't usually cast as a lead in a superhero action movie. And of course I want that older actress as Madame Webb, to be doing action scenes like Colin Firth in Kingsman. She can be older, cool and fierce in a film. Its not like Sony is so faithful with their Marvel flicks.

Anyway, Sony can cast a younger actress for Silver Sable, Spider-Woman, Silk, Black Cast... let an older actress take this role.

6. BobJM Uncle Charlie

I think a legacy storyline would be the best way to introduce this. Classic Madame Webb recruiting Julia Carpenter to replace her and protect the web of the spider-verse...maybe against Morlun & co? ?

7. James.B In search of the absurd

Secret Marvel Movie From Sony in Works With Director S.J. Clarkson – Variety

8. GwensNeckBrace Registered

Don't want to be that person to state the obvious, but I highly doubt a comic book movie about an 80 year old woman would really fare well at the box office.

9. SpeterMan3 SpeterTV on YT

Seems like they're doing a younger version.

10. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

If we got a younger Aunt May, then it's quite likely we'd get a younger Madame Web.

Although it's more understandable why Aunt May would be younger. Madame Web could be any age including 80. They could get Rosemary Harris for her. It would be fitting, although she's 92.

11. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

12. NotNickFury Registered

I can dig that. Fifty Shades aside, Johnson's pretty good. Really liked her in The Lost Daughter last year.

13. Kev4000 Registered

Is there a chance they cancel this movie after Mobius will be the expected financial desaster in spring?
    I really dont want this to be existing. They will not hold back with teasing another spider-event and I want Sony as much non-canon as possible.

14. NotNickFury Registered

It's incredible that, even after Venom 1 and 2 did well financially, folks are still rooting and hollering for Sony's Spider-Man projects to fail, for whatever reason.

It's happening, people. Just accept it. You don't have to watch or like it, but Sony's got a plan and they're not gonna abandon it because a certain corner of the internet wants it all to be MCU-or-bust.

Da-Scribe and MadVillainy like this.
  15. MadVillainy C'mon Son

Not gonna lie. Despite my thoughts on Venom, It was glorious seeing Venom doing so well after members spent years crapping on it's existence pre release.

Da-Scribe likes this.
  16. DarkKnight88 Registered

Ageists.

Chance to have the first true elderly superhero and they cast a 30 year old.

Venom 1988 likes this.
  17. Shikamaru Registered

18. Da-Scribe he/him

It’s so petty to root for a movie to fail. Just don’t watch it and move on.

19. Kane52630 >>BATNIPPLES INTENSIFIES<<

20. samsnee Ok

I bet this is exactly what happens

21. ironwez20 Registered

That’s venom tho. Completely different from any other Spider-Man character. He makes money. Making movies from Spider-Man rogues and side characters is a dumb idea mcu or not. Especially if the movies don’t involve spidey .

22. Filmfreak Registered

To your surprise it may not be one of those two choices for some people. I, for one, don't want Spider-Man on the MCU as I'm not a fan of how the character is depicted there, but I also don't want solo movies for side characters and villains who are depicted as anti-heroes, separate from Spidey himself. Furthermore I find the Venom films to be pure garbage and Morbius doesn't seem far off from everything I've seen. So I'm one of those who'd prefer for this awful idea of cinematic universe to be over and have Sony make actual Spider-Man films again.

And while I probably won't get my wish any time soon, let's wait and see how the rest of the films outside Venom will do. None of them feature characters anywhere near his popularity and let's not forget the studio has a history of getting ahead of themselves and announcing a ton of films beforehand only to then have them all canceled altogether (see The Amazing Spider-Man 3, 4, Venom and the Sinister Six back in 2013). So we'll see.

23. NotNickFury Registered

Completely different from any other Spider-Man character? How can you say that when we have no other film to go off of? If Morbius completely flops, then yes, we can say it's different.

It's only a dumb idea because you want it to all be in the MCU. People had no problem with there being movies on C and D-listers like Ant-Man or Shang-Chi or the Guardians and Marvel making them household names. But the second Sony announces a Morbius or Kraven or Madame Web movie, the same MCU-or-bust folks then turn around and go "HEY, YOU CAN'T DO THAT!"

24. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

I think the main issue here is Sony's movies aren't up to the same quality as the MCU ones, hence the reluctance.

ironwez20 likes this.
  25. NotNickFury Registered

They don't have to be. That's the beauty of it. The MCU may be a standard for comic book movies, but it doesn't have to nor should it be the standard. If all comic book movies looked, felt, and played exactly the same, then there'd be no point in watching them.

Anyway, just as people here and other places seethed when Venom 1 and 2 made money, they'll probably still be in theaters to see Madame Web. That or they'll find a way to watch it.