Comics MAJOR Spider-Man spoilers involving Civil War

yeah but i hate DC and would rather Marvel have ur money, damnit.haha. They still publish Powers and that's enough to keep me with them. They may not be image or top cow who, as much smaller companies, seem to do what they can for the biz, but they still get the top talent and do publish some good work. What did people hate about House of M anyway. i just thought the main criticism was that it's slow..?

chris moore said:
Can't see the appeal of Spider-Man if he's unmasked voluntarily.

Everyone has imagined being a superhero at some time or another. And the excitement comes from being someone you're not, someone else. You publicise the man beneath the mask and it detracts from the hero; from the character of Spider-Man. The very essence of what made him lovable as a hero in his first appearance was his change from timid and shy to wise cracking and confident. The mask gave him that escape from his troubles as Peter Parker. And that is what makes being a superhero so appealing to everyone, what makes us read comics - its the escapism. You put Spidey up against a foe who knows who he is and he just starts begging with them or spouting off - no jokes, no quips - its a less fun character to read. Now make everyone a foe who knows him... you've just got Peter Parker, famous to the world, running round in tights. There would be no everyman about him, no everyday problems like the rest of us. His problems become fantastic problems, his personal life becomes the stuff of the national enquirer - and the hero that is spider-man (as much as Peter Parker is Spider-Man, there is still very much a Batman is the real person, Bruce Wayne is the persona about Spider-Man; Peter Parker is the real person, but Spider-Man is the hero with the drive of Peter Parker - its a different persona under the mask) dies.

Well said.

chris moore said:

Everyone has imagined being a superhero at some time or another. And the excitement comes from being someone you're not, someone else. You publicise the man beneath the mask and it detracts from the hero; from the character of Spider-Man. The very essence of what made him lovable as a hero in his first appearance was his change from timid and shy to wise cracking and confident. The mask gave him that escape from his troubles as Peter Parker. And that is what makes being a superhero so appealing to everyone, what makes us read comics - its the escapism. You put Spidey up against a foe who knows who he is and he just starts begging with them or spouting off - no jokes, no quips - its a less fun character to read. Now make everyone a foe who knows him... you've just got Peter Parker, famous to the world, running round in tights. There would be no everyman about him, no everyday problems like the rest of us. His problems become fantastic problems, his personal life becomes the stuff of the national enquirer - and the hero that is spider-man (as much as Peter Parker is Spider-Man, there is still very much a Batman is the real person, Bruce Wayne is the persona about Spider-Man; Peter Parker is the real person, but Spider-Man is the hero with the drive of Peter Parker - its a different persona under the mask) dies.
Well put. You take off that mask and you might as well not put it on ever again. I think one of the reasons that Peter kept the mask on for so long is that his friends and family would have been put in danger. Now that his family lives in a big freakin' tower he shouldn't have to worry about it. I believe he will heavily regret the decision. I think most fans are upset because he is under bad influence from Tony Stark's money and feeling sorry because Aunt May is so old.

MyPokerShirt said:
yeah but i hate DC and would rather Marvel have ur money, damnit.haha. They still publish Powers and that's enough to keep me with them. They may not be image or top cow who, as much smaller companies, seem to do what they can for the biz, but they still get the top talent and do publish some good work. What did people hate about House of M anyway. i just thought the main criticism was that it's slow..?
The only problem I had with House of M was that it was another "glorify Wolverine book." I have since gotten over that and learned to enjoy it.

chris moore said:

my problem with Spidey unmasked is that to put this genie back in the bottle something stupid has to happen....

I am deeply sadden by this news after reading the latest issue of Amazing Spider-Man- i was left with a loss for words. Spider-Man is by far the MOST unique comic book character ever created, and i fell in love with him as a kid growing up (as we all did). Having a secert identity made him being who he was all the more alluring to readers, and fans alike- not just the cool powers he possessed. He was TWO different people at the same time: Peter Parker, a regular Joe who was constantly showered by a black cloud over his head- plagued by everyday problems we all can relate to, and then Spider-Man: a superpowered, costumed crimefighting vigilante who lives by one the most famous mantras ever. When Stan Lee was writting the book 30 plus years ago, Peter's two main fears were: the revealation of his identity becoming known to the public, and his Aunt's reaction if she ever found out the truth. Fast forward 30 plus years into the present, and life is much different than it was for him all those years ago- May knows his secert, and she along with Mary Jane both live with him in Stark Towers due to Peter being a member of the Avengers. Now he's found a "father-figure" in Tony Starks, who has CONNED him into joining in on the "Superhero Registration Law"- by revealing to the WORLD that Peter Parker is really Spider-Man during a news confrence. And it looks as though he's going to go through with it. My only question is this: WHY? What Marvel and Joe Quesada HAVEN'T done yet- is explain what NEW benefit this will have for Peter, AND Spider-Man's future? How is this going to enhance his popularity with new readers? And better yet- what about us? The fans who've been faithfully supporting this book from day one? Yeah, we've put up with a lot in these 40 years, but i believe i speak for a lot of us when i say: This is definitely the straw that's broken the camels' back! If this is a permanent thing, then Marvel will be saying good-bye to a VAST majority of it's CORE Spidey fans.

BLAQUE-SPIDERMAN said:
I am deeply sadden by this news after reading the latest issue of Amazing Spider-Man- i was left with a loss for words. Spider-Man is by far the MOST unique comic book character ever created, and i fell in love with him as a kid growing up (as we all did). Having a secert identity made him being who he was all the more alluring to readers, and fans alike- not just the cool powers he possessed. He was TWO different people at the same time: Peter Parker, a regular Joe who was constantly showered by a black cloud over his head- plagued by everyday problems we all can relate to, and then Spider-Man: a superpowered, costumed crimefighting vigilante who lives by one the most famous mantras ever. When Stan Lee was writting the book 30 plus years ago, Peter's two main fears were: the revealation of his identity becoming known to the public, and his Aunt's reaction if she ever found out the truth. Fast forward 30 plus years into the present, and life is much different than it was for him all those years ago- May knows his secert, and she along with Mary Jane both live with him in Stark Towers due to Peter being a member of the Avengers. Now he's found a "father-figure" in Tony Starks, who has CONNED him into joining in on the "Superhero Registration Law"- by revealing to the WORLD that Peter Parker is really Spider-Man during a news confrence. And it looks as though he's going to go through with it. My only question is this: WHY? What Marvel and Joe Quesada HAVEN'T done yet- is explain what NEW benefit this will have for Peter, AND Spider-Man's future? How is this going to enhance his popularity with new readers? And better yet- what about us? The fans who've been faithfully supporting this book from day one? Yeah, we've put up with a lot in these 40 years, but i believe i speak for a lot of us when i say: This is definitely the straw that's broken the camels' back! If this is a permanent thing, then Marvel will be saying good-bye to a VAST majority of it's CORE Spidey fans.

When i 1st read it, i just knew it wasn't going to happen. I laughed and thought "Marvel isn't that stupid to take a risk like that." It wasn't until i saw the link showing him take his mask off that it sunk in. I was shocked. At that moment i was ready to throw in my spidey towel, but since then (well in a matter of 2 days) i've gotten over the shock and silently mourned for Peter Parker. Now all i can do is hope that at least Marvel can make this huge event interesting, and that it be written with enough thought so that we see this event play out for many years to come and enjoy many great stories from it.

chris moore said:

I heavily disagree with this. People are taking this unmasking like this is going to stick with Spider-Man for the rest of the series or something. As if we're going to see the stories of the unmasked Spider-Man for the next 20 years, etc.

How long has Peter Parker been Spider-Man now? In our real world it's been about 44 years of Spider-Man stories. 44 Freakin' YEARS! That's absolutely...amazing...heh. Now in continuity we can basically give or take a few years...but lets just say for giggles that Pete is now 27 or 28 years old. That means he's been doing the Spidey gig for about over a decade.

So, you're swinging around as a superhero, Spider-Man, for over ten years. You don't get tired of the secret identity? Of balancing two lives? I mean, I understand that fans want certain things out of the book...but....aren't people kind of being selfish about it? :confused:

This is the way I've viewed Spidey....bear with me.

Here is a teenage kid from Queens, gets Spider-like powers..he gets cocky...his Uncle gets offed...he learns the true lesson that with great power comes great responsibility. He goes out there every day to save peoples lives over the guilt that he feels over his Uncle. Through all those years he's battled some of the toughest villains, been in some of the craziest battles into space and all that good stuff, and in the meantime balancing out his life as plain Peter Parker. Living in beat down apartments, barely affording his rent...getting kicked out of places...barely affording FOOD!

And he gets an offer to join the Avengers. He does. His family gets to move into the Tower and live rent free. He's living in the lap of luxury and his teammate, Tony Stark, offered him a job as his assisstant.

Ok. Years and years and years and years of being broke and living in crap...and Peter Parker FINALLY gets some kind of due that's been coming to him as the man, Peter, and the superhero, Spider-Man. So, Pete's not allowed to get what's due to him? Because fans think that because a guy catches some breaks, even a fictional character, that it takes the everyman quality away from him? Peter Parker isn't allowed to have SOME happiness in his life because people desperately want him to be held down and struggle?

HE'S BEEN STRUGGLING SINCE 1962!!!! LET THE GUY GET A BREAK!!!

And now with the Registration Act. And Tony Stark being...weird. It's making things a little more interesting. Tony wants Pete at his side and the only way to do that is for Pete to, pretty much, take the mask off and show the world who he really is.

For starters we're going to get a lot of interesting stories out of it. And we're going to see what type of toll that it really does begin to take and that maybe it is good to keep the mask on.

From just a casual readers point of view and not being all super clingy to Spider-Man. The past few years in Spider-Man have been a rather crazy ride with Peter really moving up in the world of the superheroes. And things have been going really great for him. Living in Avengers Tower. No worries of rent or utilities. Don't have to worry about a job anymore. Focus on Spidey. Aunt May is happy. MJ is happy. You're about to do the thing you do not want to do...but, in the heart of Peter Parker...the everyman...it's the right thing to do. Siding with Tony and being at his side is the good thing to do, and that's what Peter is about.

So, in closing, it's not a bad decision but a storyline that has the possibility to take things in the Spider-Man universe to an entirely new level. And a chance to clean up some areas of the universe that haven't been popular with the fans.

Hey, you look at it like a bad thing. And from a FAN standpoint maybe it is bad. From a character, Peter Parker, standpoint...it's the right thing to do.

SpideyInATree said:
Ok. Years and years and years and years of being broke and living in crap...and Peter Parker FINALLY gets some kind of due that's been coming to him as the man, Peter, and the superhero, Spider-Man. So, Pete's not allowed to get what's due to him? Because fans think that because a guy catches some breaks, even a fictional character, that it takes the everyman quality away from him? Peter Parker isn't allowed to have SOME happiness in his life because people desperately want him to be held down and struggle?

Nobody's arguing that Pete shouldn't get his due sometimes.....his unmasking has nothing to do with fans not wanting to see Pete catch a break or two.....it simply doesn't make sense for the character, Peter Parker, to alleviate some stress in his life by abandonning his identity, when he knows the great risk it puts on his family....it's doubly out of character when you consider he's not even required to do it.....

...hell if GG ran in and unmasked Pete at least the unmasking would make sense....

WhatIfTales said:
Nobody's arguing that Pete shouldn't get his due sometimes.....his unmasking has nothing to do with fans not wanting to see Pete catch a break or two.....it simply doesn't make sense for the character, Peter Parker, to alleviate some stress in his life by abandonning his identity, when he knows the great risk it puts on his family....it's doubly out of character when you consider he's not even required to do it.....

...hell if GG ran in and unmasked Pete at least the unmasking would make sense....

Did you read Amazing Spider-Man # 532?

It's not out of character, and it's really bothering me that fans are saying this.

No, the Act doesn't say that Peter HAS to go public, just register with the government.

But Tony Stark said that he's going to support the act and put himself out there and he wants Peter there with him through every step as Peter Parker AND Spider-Man. So, Peter is going to step up and do what he feels is the right thing to do. And the right things to do is to stand by Tony Stark and help him support the Act and comply with the United States government.

On the surface, right now, that's the right thing to do. However, things may change. But how's it out of character for Peter Parker that he's just trying to do the right thing? It's not.

SpideyInATree said:
Did you read Amazing Spider-Man # 532?

It's not out of character, and it's really bothering me that fans are saying this.

Yes

SpideyInATree said:
No, the Act doesn't say that Peter HAS to go public, just register with the government.

But Tony Stark said that he's going to support the act and put himself out there and he wants Peter there with him through every step as Peter Parker AND Spider-Man. So, Peter is going to step up and do what he feels is the right thing to do. And the right things to do is to stand by Tony Stark and help him support the Act and comply with the United States government.

So what you're saying is Pete believes being side by side with Tony is worth risking his families' lives for??....and you don't think that's out of character?.....

Spider-man can support the Act by simply registering....he doesn't have to put his family at risk...nobody but Stark is asking him to do so...and if he's that easily manipulated into putting MJ and May into harms way than Spider-man really did die in FNSM

WhatIfTales said:
Yes

So what you're saying is Pete believes being side by side with Tony is worth risking his families' lives for??....and you don't think that's out of character?.....

Spider-man can support the Act by simply registering....he doesn't have to put his family at risk...nobody but Stark is asking him to do so...and if he's that easily manipulated into putting MJ and May into harms way than Spider-man really did die in FNSM

You said you read ASM # 532. You didn't see the conversation he had with MJ and Aunt May? How Aunt May basically came to the decision for Peter?

Stark may seem like he's manipulating Peter but that's not how I'm seeing it.

Tony Stark has given Peter Parker a beautiful place for him, his wife, and his Aunt to live. He's given Peter a job. He's given Peter a new suit. Tony Stark has given Pete a LOT OF CRAP in the past few years in the Spidey books.

Now. In the story, don't you think Pete feels that he owes Tony a little bit for the life that he's provided for them? All the times of living in crumby apartments and barely affording to pay bills and balancing Spider-Man. Having to ****e yourself to J. Jonah Jameson to make ends meet financially. All of a sudden it's all gone because he joined the Avengers and Tony Stark is a rich mofo.

Don't you think Pete feels just a BIT obligated to the man? The good person that we know Peter Parker is maybe wanting to return the favor back to Tony Stark. Yes, it's a large step for Peter and even he is beside himself about it. But he believes in Tony and believes in the Act. And he's doing what he feels is right. And it's NOT OUT OF CHARACTER.

As I said, people seem to be putting their own vision of Spider-Man and Peter Parker into the story. If you had Peter say, "Oh, get bent, Tony! I'm never taking this mask off for ANYONE!" THAT would be out of character.

plus the registration act is, well.. the law! wouldn't he rather support it and get it done than have shield hunt down his family? as it is shield, avengers and him can protect MJ and May. plus there are loadsa villains over the years that have known his identity - MJ and May are not dead yet (despite their um... past deaths - hey itsa comic!)

SpideyInATree said:
!You said you read ASM # 532. You didn't see the conversation he had with MJ and Aunt May? How Aunt May basically came to the decision for Peter?

Of course I read it SIAT and her decision is based on her desire to see Peter get some recognition for the great man that he is....she isn't thinking about her own safety.....Peter should be...the Parker I've read would be!!

SpideyInATree said:

Did you read ASM Parker goes to Washington??....Stark hired Titanium to "manipulate" Peter

SpideyInATree said:
Tony Stark has given Peter Parker a beautiful place for him, his wife, and his Aunt to live. He's given Peter a job. He's given Peter a new suit. Tony Stark has given Pete a LOT OF CRAP in the past few years in the Spidey books.

Yup I can see why Pete would feel obligated to "Register"

SpideyInATree said:
Now. In the story, don't you think Pete feels that he owes Tony a little bit for the life that he's provided for them? All the times of living in crumby apartments and barely affording to pay bills and balancing Spider-Man. Having to ****e yourself to J. Jonah Jameson to make ends meet financially. All of a sudden it's all gone because he joined the Avengers and Tony Stark is a rich mofo.

Don't you think Pete feels just a BIT obligated to the man? The good person that we know Peter Parker is maybe wanting to return the favor back to Tony Stark. Yes, it's a large step for Peter and even he is beside himself about it. But he believes in Tony and believes in the Act. And he's doing what he feels is right.

Owe enough to Stark to even possibly put MJ and May in more danger than they're in now?......unequivocably not!!

SpideyInATree said:
!And it's NOT OUT OF CHARACTER.

Oh well since you put it in capitals :)

SpideyInATree said:
!
As I said, people seem to be putting their own vision of Spider-Man and Peter Parker into the story. If you had Peter say, "Oh, get bent, Tony! I'm never taking this mask off for ANYONE!" THAT would be out of character.

If you think Pete would endanger the people he loves because of a debt he feels he owes tis you that's putting a differnt spin on the character....and I never said he should flip the bird to Stark so your last point is moot

WhatIfTales said:
Of course I read it SIAT and her decision is based on her desire to see Peter get some recognition for the great man that he is....she isn't thinking about her own safety.....Peter should be...the Parker I've read would be!!

Did you read ASM Parker goes to Washington??....Stark hired Titanium to "manipulate" Peter

Yup I can see why Pete would feel obligated to "Register"

Owe enough to Stark to even possibly put MJ and May in more danger than they're in now?......unequivocably not!!

Oh well since you put it in capitals :)

If you think Pete would endanger the people he loves because of a debt he feels he owes tis you that's putting a differnt spin on the character....and I never said he should flip the bird to Stark so your last point is moot

So, basically this is about the safety of MJ and Aunt May?

Let's see. Spider-Man is an Avengers. He's standing side by side with Iron Man. F'n Iron Man who can also now control a giant armada of Iron Men.

He's got the backing of the United States governement and SHIELD.

None of his enemies have ever known his identity before? What about Osborn? He's known FOREVER that Peter is Spider-Man. Yet Spider-Man lets him live? If he really wanted to protect his identity and truly protect his family he'd have snapped Osborn's neck a long time ago. But killing isn't in Peter Parker. What about the alien symbiote? That knows Peter's secrets! Not just his identity, but EVERYTHING! Harry Osborn knew for all those years. He's dead now, of course. Ben Urich figured it out. I'm sure Robbie Robertson figured it out years ago but has decided not to say anything.

Yes, Peter would REALLY be putting Aunt May and MJ in danger if they were still living in a tiny apartment or a house in Queens. But they live in Avengers Tower right now. With PROTECTION.

And who's to say all his villains are going to come after him? Maybe some of them will see he's just a regular guy and give up on Spider-Man. Maybe some will be too shocked that he's a regular guy to even get a plan together.

That's what is making this exciting. I'm planning on having a lot of fun with this.

Yes, I feel he is repaying back Stark the best he can, by showing his allegiance to him. And if it means going public, then that's what it means. But Peter knows that he's in good hands, or HE thinks that.

Remember, Peter doesn't know that Stark was working things in the background. That's what is helping make this a STORY. You're probably supposed to feel angry that Peter is doing this knowing full well Stark's intentions aren't fully a good deed.

And I'm sure Pete is going to find out. And be severely angry. And we'll probably see a Peter Parker that you've all been clamoring for throughout all this Tony Stark BS. But it's what is going to make things much more intense and emotional in the story, and I'm seriously looking forward to it.

SpideyInATree said:
You said you read ASM # 532. You didn't see the conversation he had with MJ and Aunt May? How Aunt May basically came to the decision for Peter?

Don't you think Pete feels just a BIT obligated to the man? The good person that we know Peter Parker is maybe wanting to return the favor back to Tony Stark. Yes, it's a large step for Peter and even he is beside himself about it. But he believes in Tony and believes in the Act. And he's doing what he feels is right. And it's NOT OUT OF CHARACTER.

Good points, but i don't think Pete is doing this out of obligation. Tony did a good deed by allowing his family to stay at the towers. Now i wouldn't go as far as to say that pete is compelled to unmask bc of Tony treating him nice. When Stark 1st asked, Pete was totally against it. And i would say that thinking of clearing out your acount and moving to Canada is sort of a "Get Bent" attitude and yet he was totally in character. The true culprit behind his change of "Character" is his beloved Aunt May. In ASM #532, the scene where aunt may convinces him that this is the right thing was one of the best written spider-tales i've seen lately. Those words probably would have moved me if i were her nephew. It's pointless to argue about Tony's influence over Pete bc obviously it's not that strong bc eventually he does change sides and hands tony an iron spidey butt whoopin. Now when he does change sides, the interesting thing is where will Aunt May stand, bc clearly she is for registration.

samurai black said:
Good points, but i don't think Pete is doing this out of obligation. Tony did a good deed by allowing his family to stay at the towers. Now i wouldn't go as far as to say that pete is compelled to unmask bc of Tony treating him nice. When Stark 1st asked, Pete was totally against it. And i would say that thinking of clearing out your acount and moving to Canada is sort of a "Get Bent" attitude and yet he was totally in character. The true culprit behind his change of "Character" is his beloved Aunt May. In ASM #532, the scene where aunt may convinces him that this is the right thing was one of the best written spider-tales i've seen lately. Those words probably would have moved me if i were her nephew. It's pointless to argue about Tony's influence over Pete bc obviously it's not that strong bc eventually he does change sides and hands tony an iron spidey butt whoopin. Now when he does change sides, the interesting thing is where will Aunt May stand, bc clearly she is for registration.

You're right. It's not all out of obligation to Tony Stark or anything. If it was that I could understand people being upset, and it's why I confirmed with WhatIf if he read ASM # 532.

Pete was about to take off and change his damn name until sweet old Aunt May came around the corner with a newly stitched costume and told Pete to step up and go for it.

People keep saying Peter is acting out of character doing this, but he's far from it. He's in character and doing what is best for everyone that he loves. Aunt May and MJ support him. And doing this for Tony, in my eyes, is Peter's way of saying thanks for doing everything for us.

I think it's about bloody time it happened.
I was shocked when I first found out.
Now, all i keep thinking about is how when I was younger, I always wondered what it would be like for everyone to know that Peter and Spider-Man are one and the same.
I just hope the stories don't become bland.
I also want them to keep this permanant, it sucks everytime they do something drastic, and to please a few they "ret-con" it a little while later.

SpideyInATree said:
So, basically this is about the safety of MJ and Aunt May?

That is correct

SpideyInATree said:
Let's see. Spider-Man is an Avengers. He's standing side by side with Iron Man. F'n Iron Man who can also now control a giant armada of Iron Men. .

So Spidey should accept that additional risk to his family because Stark has an army of IRON Men?...or because he's done such a bang up job protecting them thus far?......

SpideyInATree said:
He's got the backing of the United States governement and SHIELD.

he has that without revealing himself....just has to register

SpideyInATree said:
None of his enemies have ever known his identity before? What about Osborn? He's known FOREVER that Peter is Spider-Man. Yet Spider-Man lets him live? If he really wanted to protect his identity and truly protect his family he'd have snapped Osborn's neck a long time ago. But killing isn't in Peter Parker.

You are correct...Spidey doesn't kill....it's against his moral code....what's your point?...you've actually added weight to my argument....one of the only criminals that's ever known Pete ...has killed his loved one!!....with that knowledge he decides revealing himself to 100 criminals is the right thing?

SpideyInATree said:
What about the alien symbiote? That knows Peter's secrets! Not just his identity, but EVERYTHING! Harry Osborn knew for all those years. He's dead now, of course. Ben Urich figured it out. I'm sure Robbie Robertson figured it out years ago but has decided not to say anything.

Robbie and Urich are a threat to Spider-man?.....I have to ask again...what's your point....my beef aint the millions of non super villains he's telling....as for Venom and GG2.... he didn't reveal himself to them.....they found out.....once they found out.,.....his moral code (as you yourself attested to) wouldn't allow him to kill them......using this logic since he didn't kill one Venom he should have no qualms about telling 100's of other criminals?...let them have a crack at the parker family

SpideyInATree said:
Yes, Peter would REALLY be putting Aunt May and MJ in danger if they were still living in a tiny apartment or a house in Queens. But they live in Avengers Tower right now. With PROTECTION.

Protection?....like when they stopped Man-wolf from attacking May and MJ.?...or like when they stopped that Machine Man reject from the "Other" from walking in and having a pb sandwich with May??...or like when they protected MJ from Morlun?....or like....aww forget it"

SpideyInATree said:
And who's to say all his villains are going to come after him? Maybe some of them will see he's just a regular guy and give up on Spider-Man. Maybe some will be too shocked that he's a regular guy to even get a plan together.

Nobody is saying any of them will...... why risk it if you don't have to?

SpideyInATree said:
That's what is making this exciting. I'm planning on having a lot of fun with this.

I'm not denying that unmasking Spidey has potential for some short term excitement....my beef's how they got the mask off and the long term ramification of this possibly ending up like Clone Saga 2

SpideyInATree said:
Yes, I feel he is repaying back Stark the best he can, by showing his allegiance to him. And if it means going public, then that's what it means. But Peter knows that he's in good hands, or HE thinks that.

Remember, Peter doesn't know that Stark was working things in the background. That's what is helping make this a STORY. You're probably supposed to feel angry that Peter is doing this knowing full well Stark's intentions aren't fully a good deed.

And I'm sure Pete is going to find out. And be severely angry. And we'll probably see a Peter Parker that you've all been clamoring for throughout all this Tony Stark BS. But it's what is going to make things much more intense and emotional in the story, and I'm seriously looking forward to it.

Listern I respect your opinion....I just vehemently disagree with it!!:) ...so for now I'll agree to disagree with you.....but just one last word...

you keep saying unmasking is the right thing to do.......Your family comes first and foremost...not your friends......I don't care how much you feel you owe them....

...and although I admit that unmasking spidey has short term benefits...I fear this is simply Marvel trying to create another Uncle Ben/Gwen Stacy moment.....!!......someones gonna die

Well gentlemen, we are less than 12 hours away from one of the most historic events in comic history. No matter what happens, whether it sucks or is a great moment, we'll be talking about this for many years to come.

samurai black said:
Well gentlemen, we are less than 12 hours away from one of the most historic events in comic history. No matter what happens, whether it sucks or is a great moment, we'll be talking about this for many years to come.

Yeah....my proctology exam was less stressful :)

....that was a joke

I hate how people keep blaming Stark for Peters deciding to go public (if in fact that is what he is going to do).

1) Tony never asked him to go public, he just asked him to register and support the act or he would not be able to work for him anymore. Now I dont know about everyone else but that seems like a perfectly reasonable thing for Stark to do, after all he cant have someone that is going against the act working for him.

2) Peter did not decide to stick with Stark out of some obligation to him. Hell he was about to make a run for it on his own, and the person that changed his decision was Aunt May. If anything she and Mary Jane are the ones that want him to go public not Stark.

3) If you look at the comic you will see that Tony was not even sure that Peter would come back. In fact it looked like Tony thought Peter would decide not to show up.

4) To me the fact that he was wearing the old costume is meant to show everyone that he was not doing this as someone being minupilated by Stark, but as Peter Parker himself.

5) To me Stark has seemed pretty honest with Peter. He has not done anything to indanger him or his family and has done lots to make sure that Peter and his family are safe.

6) Stark has been pretty understanding and forgiving of Peter, especially after that Skin Deep incident.

I have never been a big fan of Iron man and outside The Avengers I dont read much of his comic, but the way people have been blaming him for everything they dont like that is happening in Spidermans life is just astonishing. They dont want to blame Peter for it so they blame everyone else, from the writers to Marvel to Stark. If he does go public and something goes wrong in my eyes there is only one character to blame, and that is poor Aunt May. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"