Make a new X-MEN Animated series

I would make it true to the comics and how it should be made not like the films.

I would make it true to the comics and how it should be made not like the films.
I think an animated series can and should follow the comics much closer than the movies did, in things such as the costumes and the powers; it takes a lot of special effects to render all those powers realistically in live action, but in animation it's relatively easy. Also since it's a series, they have more time to introduce and develop more characters (think of how many mutants were running around at the end of Evolution Season 2). So yeah, I agree that a cartoon should have more in common with the comics than the movies.

Nightcrawler with swords, General Grievous style!

I would love love love love to see Storm not suck. Not be a useless extra and a splash of diversity like she was in Evolution or the movies and not a annoying big-word-machine like she was in TAS.

I want to see her lead, her fears and humanity, her complexity and hypocrisy, and her ability to have people come to her as a friend and supporter.

WTF hasn't this been done in over ten years? Why can't people at least try to get it right?

Anything inparticular from the Ultimate version that caught yur eye?

Almost everything from the Ultimate X-Men caught my eye. I like what the writers did with the reimagining of the characters (well, not all of them) how they did their background stories, current political and social issues, their costumes (love 'em), etc. I'd love it if they make an animated series based on this BUT not an exact copy; they could take liberties.

I think it would be cool to adapt Wolverine's story from the Ultimate version; make him a henchman of Magneto and him being sent to kill Professor X but changed his mind when he found out the X-Men's noble intentions and also ofcourse falling for Jean.

About other characters being gay and if they insist still on doing that, hey, to balance things out why not make the other female characters lesbians? :cwink: :oldrazz: :woot: :hyper: Make Rouge a lesbian and she's seducing Kitty...ok ok...:woot: ....that's very doubtful, then they should just tone it down or PG Ultimate animation or a DVD instead of a series. :oldrazz:

What would you want in this version that wasn't in the other 'toons?
I would like a storyline about some mutants reaching Omega level
What would you want to improve from previous versions?
More adventures in alternate realities as well as more time travel
What would you want to see more of?
Gladiator. I love the character and we saw only a little of him in the 90's series.
What would you want to see less of?
Magneto. There is nothing else to do with him.
What characters would you include?
Wolverine, Cyc, Prof. X, Rogue, Gambit, Collossus, Iceman, Bishop
What stories would you want to focus on?
I would love to show Wolverine becoming one of Apocalypse's horsemen, and Juggernaut changing his ways and joining the X-Men temporarily of course.
What stories would you not want to focus on?
Anything to do with Storm, she is a boring character
Is there anything that you would change that has never been done before?
No.

if they do a series have evry character, ever..........

basically every week have a different roster dealing with diff missions. have the original 5 as the core, but not all 5 at the same time. similar to JLU.

Anything to do with Storm, she is a boring character

Hmmmm.... I agree that Storm as we know her is not as interesting as she ought to be.

Earlier there was an idea to introduce Wolverine later in the show rather than have him there at the beginning. Storm could be the same way. And since she can affect the weather, it would be even easier for her presence to be felt long before we ever see her.

Like Wolverine, build up the anticipation, tease with the emergance of a powerful new mutant who can control the environment. Whose side is she on? (It shouldn't be readily obvious). Build her up as her own character rather than just another one of the X-Men.

Ever since I've done my Marvel Spotlight fanfic on the Hype!, I have always wondered how a separate MS-style X-Men Spotlight animated series would be like.

So I figured that they should do an X-Men Spotlight animated series in which every day or week they could do the original team as instructors at Xavier Institute hosting the show where they spotlight the (mis)adventures of each new student every week in one-five episode stories Monday-Friday, with Saturday morning dedicated to the X-Men team adventures. That way, you could easily introduce mutant characters (hero or villain) that have not got their full due episode or episodes, or a chance to have themselves fleshed out in an aniseries (animated series) format.

Also, get great voice actors, ala JL/JLU, to perform some of the characters and some good writers for the stories. That way, you will have a great show for years to come.

Kenny :trans:

i think the 90's version was the best. Put the witty script and meaning of its storylines in the evolution setting and you are on to a good thing

I think previous versions have done everything right but i would cherry pick the best bits

humour

does wolverine count?

cyclops, jean,storm,rogue, iceman, colossus

the phoenix saga and the relationships between the characters

days of future past/cable/bishop

Okay, I’ve worked really hard on this, now here it is:
I’d have a few more romantic entanglements, unexpected ones that weren’t necessarily in the comics as well as the obvious ones like Scott & Jean, Rogue & Gambit, etc. That was one of the things I liked about Evolution that really set it apart. I would also like to show that there are a lot of mutants at Xavier’s school who don’t go on combat missions, and students would have to prove themselves to move from just-another-kid-at-the-Xstitute to full-fledged X-Man. The Danger Room would be a great plot device for getting that across, like you have to pass a certain level of difficulty to be clear for combat duty.

Show more of Xavier using his powers all the time, like what Mark Millar did in Ultimate. I’d do more multi-episode arcs like on Justice League Unlimited. I would space out the action scenes and really dig into the characters as much as possible. I absolutely loved the Sentinels on Evolution, so I’d try to use them more and make them more dangerous.

More covert missions, especially utilizing Kitty’s phasing, Nightcrawler’s ‘porting, and Jean’s telepathy to fool the guards. Again, Millar did some cool stuff with that in the early Ultimate issues. I’d like to see more character-driven storylines, like on Evolution only richer and more detailed.

Wolverine and Storm. Like I’ve said before, rather than have them there at the beginning, I’d love to introduce them much later and build up the anticipation. They could both be characters that could start out as villains, or at least be really ambiguous.

I’m starting to like the idea of beginning with the original 5 (Cyclops, Jean, Angel, Beast, Iceman), who could be introduced in a 5-part series premiere (just make sure it’s not boring). Of course, it wouldn’t be long before I’d start bringing in the later recruits like Rogue, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Kitty. Eventually, I’d also love to bring in Gambit, Emma Frost, Havok, Polaris, even Jubilee.
Later on, my roster would most likely include Banshee, Cannonball, Madrox, Forge, Warpath, Dust, Elixer, Darwin, and probably Psylocke. It would be awesome to get to a point where different teams of X-Men go out on each episode like on Justice League Unlimited. By the end of the show I’d want to have an army of X-Men for an all-out battle, like the end of JLU.

I’d love to dig deeper into Magneto and Xavier’s past (that was one of the things that Evolution exec Boyd Kirkland said he wished he could have done), and actually show Magneto putting Charles in the wheelchair, make that an unusually gruesome act. I’d do something along the lines of Millar’s “Return to Weapon X” storyline from Ultimate, (that was *intense*). I’d do another take on the Cure storyline, and I’d definitely want to have a big battle like in the third movie, only with all the X-Men and, of course, actually cool. Doing a big 6-part Age of Apocalypse arc would kick ass, but I’m on the fence about exactly what kind of repercussions it should have on the rest of the show.

I’ve never been a big fan of the Shi’Ar, so I’d write them out of my Phoenix saga; anything involving copious amounts of time-travel. I’d only do Cable or Bishop if I was aching for story ideas.

I would get into the different ethnic, cultural, and religious backgrounds of the students, make each one really distinctive, but not caricatured.
When Apocalypse finally rolls around, Jean would become his horseman, and that’s how she would become Dark Phoenix. Warren would become Archangel for maybe one or two episodes if at all, and several other unexpected characters would become horsemen, and several major characters would DIE!!

And, to add another important question:
What villains would you include?
There’s the favorites: Magneto, Juggernaut, Mystique and the Sentinels. Sabretooth I would use sparingly, and only for Wolverine-centric stories. Apocalypse would be the perfect show-ending villain, and Mr. Sinister would precede him. Sinister would be a major villain both behind the scenes and after he is revealed. If Angel is there in the beginning, then I’d bring in Cameron Hodge, who in the comics made his life a living hell for a while. I would have to do Stryker, who was sooooo nasty in New X-Men last year (Stryker would fit in great with the Weapon X storyline. Come to think of it, that storyline would be a great place to introduce Wolverine.) I’ve never been a big fan of Mojo or Arcade, but I’m sure the Hellfire Club could be reimagined in a cool way. Mark Millar did a cool thing combining Proteus and Legion in Ultimate into a big scary villain, so I’d do something like that too.

So my fantasy 'toon draft comes out like this:
Angel, Banshee, Beast, Cannonball, Colossus, Cypher, Darwin, Dust, Elixer, Emma Frost, Forge, Gambit, Havok, Iceman, Jubilee, Kitty, Madrox, Marvel Girl, Nightcrawler, Polaris, Professor X, Psylocke, Rogue, Storm, Sunfire, Warpath, Wolfsbane, Wolverine

And the villains:
Magneto, Juggernaut, Sabretooth, Sentinels, Avalanche, Pyro, Lady Deathstrike, Mystique, Mr. Sinister, Omega Red, Cassandra Nova, Exodus, The Hellfire Club, Proteus, William Stryker, and Apocalypse.

I would simply want the next seasons of X-MEN EVOLUTION. I'd like to see Jean and Scott go to college, and follow their lives there. More of the young mutants, like Kitty, stories and characters evolve. It was such a well made show.

-R

I'd like to see Jean and Scott go to college, and follow their lives there.

Hmm... X-Men going to college. I don't think that's ever been really tackled before. I'd like to see that too.

That was High School. Unless there was more that I've forgotten.
High School....College...for a cartoon series it's way too close knitted together IMO. Even though HS is different then College it's relatively the same idea going on...:yay:

Even though I didn't get into X-Men until the late 90s, I'd love an animated series based on the original five, but have them all as full on adults, and serving as faculty for Xavier's School. I'm of the mind now that any X-Men animated series should have a focus on the X-Men teaching other mutants when they're not on missions. Of course I'd make concessions for characters like Beast, who would probably split his time even more between missions, teaching, and being a renowned scientist. And Angel, since he'd also probably have to deal with executive duties for Worthington Industries.

I'd push the sci-fi elements as much as possible, not focus so much on "superheroics". The X-Men would of course have the usual battles with other mutants and enemies of mutants, a lot of missions would be more about investigation.

One advantage X-Men Evolution had over the 90s series was that it didn't try to adapt specific comic book stories. Not to mention, the 90s series had horrible continuity. Characters would introduce themselves in present day certain episodes, then later episodes revealed in flashbacks that these characters knew each other. Angel never seems to have any acknowledged past relationship with the X-Men in all his appearances, but any flashback with the original five, and there he is.

Basically, I want tighter continuity in the context of the series itself. I don't want the show tripping over itself, because it feels compelled to adapt pre-existing stories.

Of course, I'd want to see Wolverine, but I do agree with fans who have had enough of him. I'd let the whole first season play out without him, then maybe introduce him "interlude" style. Little snippets of him, maybe in the woods, you wouldn't see him fully, but eventually, you'd know it's him.

Xavier and the original five. There'd be about as many students as there are in the film series, but the focus would be on Jubilee, who's just starting out, Kitty and Colossus, who'd be on the verge of graduation.

They'd be a lot more politically-driven, the president would be in a position where he's not sure what stance he wants to take on mutants. Naturally, Senator Kelly could factor into this.

Sinister would play a big part in the series from day one. In disguise, he'd be working with Beast in some capacity, with Beast confiding in him about being a mutant and working to cure his mutation. At which point Sinister would take it as an opportunity to use Hank as a guinea pig for whatever private experiments he'd be conducting, thus resulting in the "blue fur" Beast we know now. Magneto would be there, of course, but he wouldn't be the X-Men's main through until further down the line. In fact, I'd start off the series with him already in custody after facing off against the X-Men in the past. The X-Men would face indivudual mutants, and ultimately discover that they were all working separate pieces of one plan, which is to release Magneto.

X-Men . . .IN SPACE!!!! I usually don't like the X-men space stories, because they tend to run very long, and draw you away from the fundamental themes.

Hard to say. The 90s series really ran the gammut of comic stories from the late 70s through the 90s. And Evolution focused on them as teenagers, harkening back to the original 60s comics. It's hard to think of something that's "never" been done on an X-Men series before.

I like these ideas.

If you were in charge of making an X-Men cartoon, what would you want to do?

I'd actually want to take a lot of inspiration from "Ultimate X-Men" which was one of the most dynamic, cool, deep and true-to-premise incarnations of the X-Men ever. Even over great books like "First Class" and the present storylines. Classic X-Men distilled and updated. That's what I'd want to do.

Keep the animation light and fluid, a bit muted to give it a realism of sorts, followed by a frenetic sense of action during the scenes... Battle = Chaos as opposed to Battle = stilted scenes/dungeon crawling. Give the kids something to get excited about, as well as add to the tense frenetics of it all.

Parental relationships. Episodes where they simply fail. Hard life lessons and genuine character maturation.

As I said before, the combat can become something more realistic and compelling and useful for storytelling pretty easily. And while it would still be a kids show, it doesn't have to be stupid... it can be as intelligent and deep as BTAS, and deal with some real high end questions.

And there's no need to cater towards the 'coolest' available, or towards the movies or whatever else for things to be awesome. Every character can be awesome if given the right situation and a chance to shine.

More teamwork, more heartwrenching endings. More pizzaz, creativity, subtlety and crushing supermoves. More infighting and family bonding. More globe-trotting. And exotic REAL locales. More foreshadowing, more ensembling. More morally gray.

Less Time Travel (a little bit, but not too muc). Less Magic (NONE!) Less things that stray from the premise of people trying to find their place in the world while being different.

As I said before, I'd take 90% of Ultimate X-Men's early runs, meaning I'd have a starting lineup of Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Colossus, Storm and Beast with an introduction of Wolverine in relatively short order. I'd center on these characters, with Professor X and Magneto as well.

Second season would feature more Kitty, and move into introductions for Nightcrawler, Dazzler, Angel, Rogue and others...

The human ones, the ones where we feel deeply for the characters pain, and are thrilled enormously as they rise to success despite the challenges.

And I'd like to make crossovers and guest spots.

Wolverine's past. Dear God no.

Aside from the most frenetic action, aside from the deepest character arc, I'd think my version of "Penultimate X-Men" would most likely be known for having big name voices in one-episode guests/cameos. It also likely would be more risky and groundbreaking over formulaic saturday morning fare.

i'd like to see x-men first class the animated series cyke marvelgirl angel iceman and the real beastin a bul;ky human form NOT i repeat NOT a blueberry bigfoot

I would also like to bring in BLINK and make her a real member.
blink00.jpg

i liked the old cartoon from the 90s they should bring that back

The Roster...
Cyclops
Phoenix
White Queen
Wolverine
Storm
Iceman
Juggernaut
Shadowcat (& Lockheed)

Scott & Jean are married. Rather than play out the same ol' Scott-Jean-Logan triangle, I'd change gears and use the Jean-Scott-Emma triangle. Emma knows they're married, but that's not going to stop her from flirting.

Jean would be a post-Dark Phoenix Saga version of Phoenix slowly coming back into her powers. I'd focus on the fact that the Phoenix isn't supposed to be evil (something practically everyone forgets), and play off of the fact that Emma is the one who turned Jean into the Dark Phoenix in the first place. Jean's fighting her darker urges, but Emma's working on her man. This will get nasty in at least one episode.

Also, people would refer to Jean as "Phoenix." I'm getting sick and tired of this "not giving Jean a codename" crap. X-Men Evolution was the perfect place to call her Marvel Girl, but they never took the opportunity.

Juggernaut would join the cast in the first few episodes as a reformed ex-villain. He's making up with Charles, and trying to do right. Hell, I'd throw in a "Squid-Boy gets hit by his dad, and Cain & Chuck cry over their crappy childhoods" episode. Say what you will about Austen, but I love what he did with Juggernaut. Also, I'd make Bobby & Cain begrudged best friends. Bobby jokingly insults him all the time and says he doesn't trust him, but when it comes down to it, there'll be an episode where Iceman is the first to defend him.

Also, I'm including Iceman. He gets no love in animated form.

I'd put Storm & Wolverine sorta together. Not a "true love" romance thing. Basically, they'd have just started dating. I think a relationship like their's would be fun to play with.

Shadowcat would be the third part of a Logan/Ororo/Kitty fighting trio. Ro's like her big sister, and Logan's her mentor. Whenever Ororo has to pick out a small team for a mission, Kitty will be there. I'd also take a cue from Whedon, and use Kitty for witty banter with Emma.

Charles would be reduced to a recurring character. He'll be there in the beginning, but I'd eventually send him off into Shi'ar space to be with his wife. This would allow for maybe one or two space episodes, but I'd tone it down because I know how fans get.

The show would adapt some of the better stories from the past decade, but mostly stick to original stuff. Oh, and no Magneto. He's such a yo-yo when it comes to villainy and heroics. Mr. Sinister would play a major part, though. He'd be a great villain to have around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"