Make a new X-MEN Animated series

What would you want in this version that wasn't in the other 'toons?

i think the 90's version was the best. Put the witty script and meaning of its storylines in the evolution setting and you are on to a good thing

What would you want to improve from previous versions?

I think previous versions have done everything right but i would cherry pick the best bits

What would you want to see more of?

humour

What would you want to see less of?

does wolverine count?

What characters would you include?

cyclops, jean,storm,rogue, iceman, colossus

What stories would you want to focus on?

the phoenix saga and the relationships between the characters

What stories would you not want to focus on?

days of future past/cable/bishop
i'd rather focus on the first class/original five i could do without the time travelers myself

I don't know if I could pick a regular cast for the series (there doesn't seem to be one in the comics these days), but I would love to get to a point where I could take about 2 dozen well-rounded and detailed characters into battle against Apocalypse.

i'd rather focus on the first class/original five i could do without the time travelers myself

Isn't it strange that starting with the first five has become a novelty idea.

Anyway, I'd love to do that, but I wouldn't be able to resist bringing in new recruits almost immediately. I'd start with a 5-part origin pilot, like 'Gargoyles' did back in the day, which would climax with a fight with Magneto (by himself). After that, I'd start at least hinting at more mutants to come.

It's hard to make an animated series with the original 5. Everybody wants to see the Wolverines and the Storms and the Rogues.

Instead I ask:
If you were in charge of making an X-Men cartoon, what would you want to do?

What would you want in this version that wasn't in the other 'toons?
several characters: My team: Cyclops, Storm, Iceman, Firestar, Marvel Girl, Beast, Wolverine, Colossus, Angel, Rogue.

What would you want to improve from previous versions?
I'd give each character a 'spotlight' episode during the season to balance the storylines.

More of the above characters who don't get much attention: Beast, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Angel, Colossus. Also, more villains from across the marvel universe besides the mutant-centric villains--

What would you want to see less of?
Less overall focus on Wolverine (and to a certain degree, Cyclops and Marvel Girl); I'm uninterested in getting into the latest version of the Dark Phoenix saga..

Villains- Magneto, Mr. Sinister, Vanisher, Zaladane, Garokk, Moses Magnum, Red Skull, Dr. Octopus, Kingpin, Loki, Dr. Doom, Skrulls, Shi'ar, Juggernaut..

What stories would you want to focus on?
The X-Men would fight against criminals in general, as well as defending mutants from oppression.

What stories would you not want to focus on?
dark phoenix saga, weapon x, stryfe/cable..

Is there anything that you would change that has never been done before

I'd have spinoff teams already incorporated into the series:
X-Force: cannonball, mirage, magma, karma, magik, wolfsbane, sunspot, warlock

X-Factor: Bishop, Cloak, Dagger, White Queen, Shadowcat

I'd just bring back and continue X-Men Evolution. There was so much unresolved stuff on that show and each season got better and better.

id take a miss on the evo artwork, was kinda eww to moi

id take a miss on the evo artwork, was kinda eww to moi

I liked it better than the 90s one. 90s one was way too stiff and busy. I like the simpler designs with the more uniform-like costumes. Thats one thing I like about Ultimate X-Men, how their costumes are more like uniforms, which makes more sense for a team. I'm not a fan of the new designs since Bishop took over leading the team.

Art trends in action cartoons have changed. From the 80s through mid-90s, art directors used a lot of detail, which made them look simply awesome. But keeping the animation fluid with that much detail really jacked up production costs, not to mention all the errors that would pop up. Back when me and my brother watched the 90s X-Men cartoon, we would always laugh at the Omega Red episode where Storm told him to "Be Gone!", and the glow from her eyes were on her cheeks.

These days, they try to simplify the art to get episodes done faster and get less errors. It's also a bit cheaper.

Case in point, look at Bruce Timm's art designs for Batman. The 90s animated series had amazing detail, but it was a bit clunky and prone to weird animation and coloring mistakes. When Timm came back to make new Batman episodes in the late 90s, he simplified the designs big-time. The result? Cheaper costs, and less foul-ups.

Instead I ask:
More of the above characters who don't get much attention: Beast, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Angel, Colossus. Also, more villains from across the marvel universe besides the mutant-centric villains--

Villains- Magneto, Mr. Sinister, Vanisher, Zaladane, Garokk, Moses Magnum, Red Skull, Dr. Octopus, Kingpin, Loki, Dr. Doom, Skrulls, Shi'ar, Juggernaut..

Wow, I never thought of that. Using villains outside the usual X-Men circles; What a great idea!
But there'd be no skrulls or Shi'ar in mine, just cuz I'd want to stay out of space. But that's me.

i'd bring back and continue an x-men evolution that retconns white nick fury and make him black so it can coincide with the ultimate avengers movies and characters

I'd also retcon the cap in isolation ep as well.

maybe i'd set it with them being young adults instead of teenagers so we can see some of those future storylines we got hints of...

It was a good series, all it needed was less random eps and more violence and it would have been dynamite.

There is another X-men animation in the works, but it's called Wolverine and the X-Men or something along time lines.

There was a list of future projects on themovieblog.com

I would want to see X-Men: Evolution continued in some form.

the fact that its called 'Wolverine and the X-Men' is quite a turn-off from the start

And I hear Cyclops is in it. So prepare to see Scott take a backseat to Logan's startling leadership skills.

*gag*

but not three times :(

but not three times :(
That's all it takes for him to get you pregnant, only for it to later be revealed you're somehow similar to or cloned from Jean Grey.

I was wondering about something:
How crazy is it to say that, if I was in charge of an X-Men toon, I'd want to avoid things like time travel and space adventures? But I mean it.
If I was talking about an Avengers or a Fantastic Four toon, that would be utter madness, especially with the FF.

Maybe it's because at their best, X-Men isn't just about being a superhero and being part of a team, but about being different, and that's worth exploring without confusing time-travel arcs or trips to the Shi'Ar empire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"