Make a New Avengers Cartoon!

Oh, I just looked back at the post you quoted before that bit about Cap, Iron Man, and Thor. I'd never change the founders. I always hated the fact that the cartoon Justice League was founded by different people from the comics' version. Aquaman's a goddamn founding Leaguer, goddamnit. :cmad:

Oh, I just looked back at the post you quoted before that bit about Cap, Iron Man, and Thor. I'd never change the founders. I always hated the fact that the cartoon Justice League was founded by different people from the comics' version. Aquaman's a goddamn founding Leaguer, goddamnit. :cmad:
Do I dare ask you how you felt about the original characters in the first X-Men film?

Nah, that one I wasn't so concerned with because I tend to expect movies to adapt things a lot more loosely than comics. The X-Men cartoon pretty much had the right characters as the original X-Men, even though not all of them were on the main team that the show followed. Bobby appeared in a later episode and it was revealed that he was "one of Xavier's earliest students" or something. Even that's okay, as far as I'm concerned.

but Aquaman also sucks most of the time they at lest made him a badass on the show.

and there has to be some changes to the for the amount of time per episode and for the team to have the right balance. also how many stories can you tell with the members of the team. Aquaman didn't work as a full timer as he is a king and has to spend his time ruling over a kingdom not going to some far off planet to save the flash and his powers weaken the longer he is out of water. so you would need to have a lot of undersea stories for him to be in.

he just worked better as a guest star. thats why he didn't get to be on the team.

but Aquaman also sucks most of the time they at lest made him a badass on the show.

and there has to be some changes to the for the amount of time per episode and for the team to have the right balance. also how many stories can you tell with the members of the team. Aquaman didn't work as a full timer as he is a king and has to spend his time ruling over a kingdom not going to some far off planet to save the flash and his powers weaken the longer he is out of water. so you would need to have a lot of undersea stories for him to be in.

he just worked better as a guest star. thats why he didn't get to be on the team.
Aquaman doesn't suck most of the time, people just perceive him that way. He has loads of badass moments and interesting powers beyond "talking to fish." He's a great character who's had a lot of stupid things done to him, chief among them being his ******ed portrayal in Super-Friends.

The JLU creators didn't seem to have a problem giving us great stories from the same seven characters for 2 years before switching to the Unlimited format. What made Hawkgirl so much more deserving of a spotlight than Aquaman? The answer is her vagina--the creators have said that they used her specifically because they didn't want Wonder Woman to be the only woman on the team. That's a fairly stupid reason, especially since Black Canary's a founder and is far more interesting. I never understood why they didn't use her to fill their female quota instead of Hawkgirl, whom I've found to be almost entirely devoid of interesting stories outside of the ones where she's joined at the hip to Hawkman.

Nah, that one I wasn't so concerned with because I tend to expect movies to adapt things a lot more loosely than comics. The X-Men cartoon pretty much had the right characters as the original X-Men, even though not all of them were on the main team that the show followed. Bobby appeared in a later episode and it was revealed that he was "one of Xavier's earliest students" or something. Even that's okay, as far as I'm concerned.
It got a little weird when, in the first season, Angel shows up and the X-Men have never seen him before, then on the Iceman episode we see some old footage of the original team, and Angel is there. So Lesson #5B: If you're starting your show in the middle, figure out the beginning.

Aquaman doesn't suck most of the time, people just perceive him that way. He has loads of badass moments and interesting powers beyond "talking to fish." He's a great character who's had a lot of stupid things done to him, chief among them being his ******ed portrayal in Super-Friends.

The JLU creators didn't seem to have a problem giving us great stories from the same seven characters for 2 years before switching to the Unlimited format. What made Hawkgirl so much more deserving of a spotlight than Aquaman? The answer is her vagina--the creators have said that they used her specifically because they didn't want Wonder Woman to be the only woman on the team. That's a fairly stupid reason, especially since Black Canary's a founder and is far more interesting. I never understood why they didn't use her to fill their female quota instead of Hawkgirl, whom I've found to be almost entirely devoid of interesting stories outside of the ones where she's joined at the hip to Hawkman.

Black Canary wouldn't have worked as a spy for the thanagra invasion. also as i stated before Aquamans roll as a king hindered him a lot.

as long as you have cap, iron man, and Thor i feel that the rest is up for grabs as team members go. but thats just me.

Jack Monroe was more or less the comics only set in the now and adding the skull. there was another story where the skull did use bucky as a way of getting to cap but it was a LMD or something so i just combined the two.
Wow, a lot of stuff.

HR, that breakdown is real good; that Lost in Time trip sounds a lot like The Once and Future Thing from JLU, which is cool. I also like the Nomad episode, and here’s why: Most of the best stories with Cap, Thor, and Iron Man play out in their own solo books, while dramas with Hank/Jan and Vision/Scarlet Witch usually play out in Avengers itself. But since an animated series wouldn’t have the luxury of concurrent ‘solo’ series, we ought to remember to include those iconic stories of the Big Three on this show as well. I’m having to make a conscious effort to do that.

I wouldn't want to do a time travel episode right away, but I would like to do a flashback episode which shows Cap and the Invaders in the war, and that would parallel a case the Avengers are working in the present. It could be like "City of Stone" from Gargoyles. For the Invaders, I'd go with Cap, Bucky, Namor, Human Torch, Union Jack, Spitfire, Whizzer (possibly re-named the Blur, because...you know), and MAYBE Miss America, since her and Whizzer are a couple.

Interesting choice making Ms. Marvel a founder. I was going to save her for Season 2. And actually, I’m starting to come up with ideas for Black Widow myself...

Wow, a lot of stuff.

HR, that breakdown is real good; that Lost in Time trip sounds a lot like The Once and Future Thing from JLU, which is cool. I also like the Nomad episode, and here’s why: Most of the best stories with Cap, Thor, and Iron Man play out in their own solo books, while dramas with Hank/Jan and Vision/Scarlet Witch usually play out in Avengers itself. But since an animated series wouldn’t have the luxury of concurrent ‘solo’ series, we ought to remember to include those iconic stories of the Big Three on this show as well. I’m having to make a conscious effort to do that.

I wouldn't want to do a time travel episode right away, but I would like to do a flashback episode which shows Cap and the Invaders in the war, and that would parallel a case the Avengers are working in the present. It could be like "City of Stone" from Gargoyles. For the Invaders, I'd go with Cap, Bucky, Namor, Human Torch, Union Jack, Spitfire, Whizzer (possibly re-named the Blur, because...you know), and MAYBE Miss America, since her and Whizzer are a couple.

Interesting choice making Ms. Marvel a founder. I was going to save her for Season 2. And actually, I’m starting to come up with ideas for Black Widow myself...
The Once and Future Thing was a feel that i was going with.

It was Ms. Marvel or She Hulk and Ms Marvel won because she had more powers and more history to play with later on.

Black Canary wouldn't have worked as a spy for the thanagra invasion. also as i stated before Aquamans roll as a king hindered him a lot.
Obviously the stories wouldn't have all been the same if Black Canary were there in Hawkgirl's place. You can't really justify their choosing her based on storylines that came along without any foreshadowing a good two years after they made that choice. Who's to say a BC- or Aquaman-centric story wouldn't have been just as good as Twilight turned out to be?

Aquaman's role as a king never hindered him too much in the comics. Nor does Batman's role as a corporate mogul, member of other teams, and chief protector of Gotham City hinder him in the comics. If they wanted to use Aquaman on the show, they could have. They chose not to.

Obviously the stories wouldn't have all been the same if Black Canary were there in Hawkgirl's place. You can't really justify their choosing her based on storylines that came along without any foreshadowing a good two years after they made that choice. Who's to say a BC- or Aquaman-centric story wouldn't have been just as good as Twilight turned out to be?

Aquaman's role as a king never hindered him too much in the comics. Nor does Batman's role as a corporate mogul, member of other teams, and chief protector of Gotham City hinder him in the comics. If they wanted to use Aquaman on the show, they could have. They chose not to.
so you hate the JL, is that it?

Season 3
Episode 301 and 302-Heroes Return Part 1 and 2- Part 1- With the disappearance of the most of the superheroes creates an opportunity for Zemo and the Masters of Evil. Zemo realizing that the world needed superpowered champions makes the MOE pose as superheroes. Soon the Masters of Evil gain the public trust and build a position of power that rivaled the status of the Avengers.
The villains adopt new heroic costumes and codenames. Baron Zemo Citizen V., Beetle MACH-1. Fixer Techno, Goliath Atlas, Screaming Mimi Songbird, and Moonstone Meteorite. Calling themselves the Thunderbolts, the six new 'heroes' were ready for action.
Just as Zemo's plans are about to come to fruition, everything unraveled when the Fantastic Four and the Avengers returned. Faced with the return of the lost heroes, Zemo reveals the true nature of the Thunderbolts to the world. Doing this to ensure the loyalty of the team by ruining their chances of becoming heroes.
Part 2- The Thunderbolts (minus Techno and Meteorite) turned on Zemo for his betrayal. In the ensuing battle, Zemo and Techno used a mind control device to turn the Avengers and the US Government against the remaining Thunderbolts. On the run the T-Bolts have to find a way to stop Zemo and free the Avengers. The T-Bolts find the control device and (that is now being guarded by the Avengers) and find no other choice but to engage them. After a short battle the T-Bolts are beaten when Atlas turns on the T-bolts and taken to Zemo. As Zemo gloats to Cap who is the only other person not being controlled, Atlas frees the other heroes. Together, they defeated Zemo, Techno, and Meteorite.

Episode 303- Cyborg (Guest staring Deathlok, and Nick Fury) Colonel Luther Manning, was an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. who on a mission to investigate a program called Project Pegasus and its co-head, Harlan Ryker. But was found out and after being near-fatally injured, awakens in the body of the experimental Deathlok cyborg.
Deathlok is used against terrorist in the middle east but after Manning became able to assert his will installing a "no-killing parameter" into his programming he is taken out of the field. While being transported to Project Pegasus Manning escapes. Manning goes after Ryker first attacking him in his home at night while he slept. After getting the information that he needs Manning chases Ryker out on to his lawn and just as he is about to kill him Ryker’s daughter steps between them. This makes Manning stop and realize that Ryker’s neighbors are all out of their homes Manning cloaks himself and leaves.
Project Pegasus other co-head, Douglas Rockwell, contacts the Avengers in assisting them in with stopping Manning. Manning returns to Project Pegasus here he engages the Avengers but is subdued. During the fight Ms Marvel finds that she knows Manning from her days in the air force and that he is good man. Later at Project Pegasus Ryker advises Rockwell that they should end the Deathlok Program. But Rockwell tells him that he works for someone that has other plans for Manning. When Ryker tries to stop Rockwell he kills him with Deathlok’s gun. That night Manning now reprogrammed infiltrates the Avengers Manson taking out the Avengers one by one. But this time like the last time he couldn’t kill them and again broke free of his programming releasing them and then disappearing into the night.
The avengers track Manning to his home and find him watching his wife and daughter play. Ms Marvel tells him them that they will do everything in there power to help but Manning declines her offer. The Avengers return to Project Pegasus to take Rockwell into custody but he revels that he has a order from Secretary of Defense as Dell Rusk for everything he did and that they can’t touch him. He also tells that SHIELD will be charged with bring in Manning for the murder of Ryker.
Later Ms Marvel and Captain America meet with Nick Fury and ask why SHIELD didn’t want Manning back and are told that it wasn’t a sanctioned mission and that as far as SHIELD is concerned Manning is dead but that Manning was just the start of something big.

Episode 304-The Commission (mostly a clip and flashback show) The Commission summons Steve Rogers, to appear before it and point out to him that the concept of Captain America were created by the federal government and that they are federal property. Moreover, the Commission asserted that Rogers and the Avengers need to be held accountable for their actions and that if they don’t work for them they won’t work at all.
The Commission interviews each of the Avengers to determine if they are to stay on the team. They find that only Cap, Iron Man, Ms Marvel and the Wasp are suitable for duty. But cap tells them that if Thor (Because he is a lose cannon), Hawkeye (Has record) and Giant-Man (Gave Scott Lang, a convict, the ant-man suit and pym particles) go then they all go and it would look bad for them to be the reason the avenger broke up. So in the end the team stays together but now under the watchful eye of the Commission.

Episode 305- The Sisterhood after Captain America goes missing the Avengers think that the Commission had something to do with it. But find that they are just as in the dark as the Avengers are until Ms Marvel and the Wasp find Nick Fury in Steve Rogers apartment. He tells them that Cap was working for him undercover to investigate a girls prep-school. But that he didn’t make his schedule call in.
Fury enlists the help of Ms Marvel and the Wasp to go undercover at the school to find Cap. While there the Avengers find that the school is run by the Red Skulls daughter and that the girls are being used as agents to gather technology for AIM. Ms Marvel and the Wasp save Cap and the girls and take Sister Sin into custody, but not before she has the last shipment is sent off.

Episode 306- Cosmic Cube Many months after episode 305 AIM completes MODOK (that was in the last shipment) and starts work on the cosmic cube using "x-element" energy. But the Cosmic Cube energy is too much and MODOK is driven insane. The tremendous energies released sunk the island they were on, and the Cube is believed lost.
Until a fisherman discovers the Cube and uses it to transform his small village into a thriving community, but finds that he was unable to control its powers and starts to warp reality. The Avengers are called in but are met by A.I.M. and MODOK. Finding that they must work together to stop the cube from destroying the world. In the end the Cube’s power is blocked and it and MODOK are taken into custody to be studied by Project Pegasus.

Episode 307 and 308-Once an Invaders (Guest Staring Union Jack, Destroyer, Spitfire, and Baron Blood) Captain America and Ms Marvel travel to London when Captain America is
called to help some of his old war team mates in stopping the vampire Baron Blood.

Episode 309 and 310- Trial of Hank Pym (Guest Staring Ant-Man II, She Hulk, Heroes for Hire, Yellowjacket and the “NEW” MOE) Hank Pym is outed as Giant-Man and framed for the theft of government secrets and giving them to the MOE. The Commission bars the Avengers from helping him while he’s put on trial. Janet hires Iron Fist and Luke Cage to protect him and the She Hulk to be his lawyer.
Things get worse when the MOE kidnap Hank from the courthouse. Back at the MOE HQ Hank finds that its been a setup by Ultron and that he is doing it to get revenge on him by destroying his life. Hank is freed by Ant-Man (II) who was hiding on Hank the whole time. The two of them use Hanks old equipment to make a new identity for Hank; Yellowjacket and set out to clear his name.

Episode 311, 312, and 313- End Game with the removal of Hank from the team and even heaver restrictions Steve Rogers is forced to give up being Captain America and is prohibited from associating with the Avengers. Steve Rogers is replaced by John Walker a man that had been a part of a project in the 1950's to make new Captain America for the Korean War. But do to the war ending Walker was placed in suspended animation. Now he is given a second chance to be cap. But things aren’t what they seem and this new Captain America is just the first part. Rogers gets some help from Tony Stark in the form of a new costume and an energy shield and starts to investigate things.
Things get bad when Cap is framed for the death of Douglas Rockwell and is attacked by the new Captain America. The Avengers are ordered to bring in Rogers but refuse to do so and are put into lockup. With the Avengers locked up and finding himself now on the run Cap finds help from Hank Pym. Cap gets close to something when he finds that Secretary of Defense Dell Rusk was involved with a project to study the Cosmic Cube. Cap goes to Rusk and asks him about his involvement with Rockwell, Project Pegasus, and the Cosmic Cube. Rusk uses knock out gas on Cap and when he wakes up finds that they are at Project Pegasus and then Rusk reviles to Cap that he is really the Red Skull.
The Skull uses the Cube to reshape the world to his will making him the ruler of a world where the Nazi’s won the war. Before the Skull can kill Captain America he escapes. He soon finds and frees the Avengers who were unaffected by the warp , together the Avengers fight the Skull and his forces leaving a showdown between Cap and the Skull that the Skull loses Cap uses the Cube to change the world back to the way it was and to trap the skull in the Cube.

Nice solution to working around the domestic violence stuff while retaining the major parts of that storyline. :up:
. :o
its not needed for the show and it would turn off more people then i think it would pull in. also that isn't what i was going for anyways the avengers aren't about that.

Season 3
Episode 301 and 302-Heroes Return Part 1 and 2
Episode 303- Cyborg
Episode 304-The Commission
Episode 305- The Sisterhood
Episode 306- Cosmic Cube
Episode 307 and 308-Once an Invaders
Episode 309 and 310- Trial of Hank Pym
Episode 311, 312, and 313- End Game
That's what I'm talking about; just like with JLU, build things up for a couple seasons, then in season 3 just go nuts.

A shortened heroes Reborn/Heroes Return arc would be an awesome story for an Avengers cartoon. Have Onslaught be the main villain of one season, then make it look like he kills everyone off in the second-to-last episode, then introduce the Thunderbolts while the Avengers are off in Rebornverse, then have a 2- or 3-part arc at the beginning of the next season where the Avengers return to a world that apparently doesn't need them anymore, but then the Thunderbolts are revealed as villains, the Avengers take them down, and the world welcomes its true heroes back again.

Season 4
Avengers
are-
Captain America
Iron Man
Hawkeye
Ms. Marvel
Thor
Vision
Ant-Man (II)

West Coast Avengers are-
Wonder Man
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
USAgent
Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter)
Tigra

Episode 401-West Coast Avengers With Steve Rogers reinstated as Captain America and Valerie Cooper as the new head of the Commission a second Avengers team is formed on the East Coast. But things get off to a rocky start as USAgent isn’t the leader that the rest of the team was expecting but things get hot when the supervillain Count Nefaria reactivates the Golden Age Torch to have him become his body guard.

Episode 402- Valley of the Dragons (Guest Staring The Mandarin, Jimmy Woo, and Fin Fang Foom.) The Avengers travel to China to stop the Mandarin from walking up the monster Fin Fang Foom. The Mandarin is directed to the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon where he finds and wakes Fin Fang Foom, using the dragon to threaten the Chinese government. When the others in his party shed their human forms to begin their conquest, the Mandarin realizes he is being used and joins forces with the Avengers to defeat the dragons, the battle ending with Dragons put to sleep by narcotic herbs.

Episode 403- With this Hammer I thy Wed After Thor goes missing for many months the Avengers are visited by Loki asking for help. Loki tells them that Odin is dying and that Thor is set to marry the Enchantress and that because he has been bared from Asgard he can’t stop the wedding. Loki sends the Avengers to Asgard where they find Thor but he isn’t himself and sends them to the dugon where they meet Lady Sif who tells them that Thor is under a spell and asked them to help her save Odin, free Thor, and stop the Enchantress from taking over Asgard. And that they have to do it before the wedding because after the Enchantress will kill Odin which will pass the Odinforce on to Thor, and after that she will kill Thor gaining the Odinforce as his only heir making her queen of Asgard.

Episode 404- Ghosts in the Machine The Vision is infected with virus that contains Ultron’s program that makes him turn on the Avengers and makes him infect the worlds computers with his Program. Its now up to the Wasp, Ant-Man and Yellowjacket to go into the Vision and find a way to save him as the rest of the Avengers find the source of the virus.

Episode 405- Hercules Vs. Thor The Enchantress pulls Hercules from the ancient past to battle Thor. Hercules finds Dr. Donald Blake who is on a Double dated with Jane Foster and Carol Danvers and Clint Barton. Hercules under command of the Enchantress Hercules takes Jane forcing Blake to the change into Thor and come after them. When Thor finds Hercules the two of them are transported to another dimension where the Enchantress forces the two to battle for the fate of Jane. If Thor loses Jane dies and if Thor wins Hercules dies.

more to come

Episode 402- Valley of the Dragons (Guest Staring The Mandarin, Jimmy Woo, and Fin Fang Foom.) The Avengers travel to China to stop the Mandarin from walking up the monster Fin Fang Foom. The Mandarin is directed to the Valley of the Sleeping Dragon where he finds and wakes Fin Fang Foom, using the dragon to threaten the Chinese government. When the others in his party shed their human forms to begin their conquest, the Mandarin realizes he is being used and joins forces with the Avengers to defeat the dragons, the battle ending with Dragons put to sleep by narcotic herbs.
I'm guessing that one's based on an existing story from the 60's?

Would it be too convoluted for non-readers to show Vision being created from the body of the Original Human Torch? I was thinking of showing Ultron-1 (seen only in shadow) steal the android body from a war museum or something, as part of the build-up to Ultron's and Vision's big entrance. Of course, somebody has to have the line: "I thought the old Human Torch was, you know, human."

Also, I'm trying to figure out how to include Black Widow. She's got enough material for about 3 characters; she's got history with Cap AND Iron Man AND Hawkeye AND Daredevil, to say nothing of her past in Russia. Not bad for someone with no super-powers. I was thinking of having her granddad fight in WWII as the original Black Widow, or having her treated with the Super-Soldier serum, but those both feel a little too distant from the source material.

Why not just have her be a badass leftover from the Cold War who's life was saved by Cap when she was a little kid in the 40s, as usual?

Why not just have her be a badass leftover from the Cold War who's life was saved by Cap when she was a little kid in the 40s, as usual?
Okay, here's why: I know that's her origin in the comics, but for the cartoon I wanted to establish a timeline and keep some distance between WWII and the present. That's why I'm having the older Baron Heinrich Zemo die fighting Cap during the war, and the younger Helmut Zemo be his GRANDson who will menace Cap and the Avengers throughout the present. It worked to have the original Zemo return from the war to fight Cap back in the 60's, but that was only 20 years later. I'd like to cut back on having every one Cap's war buddies or enemies survive into the present via cloned bodies, cryostasis, temporal limbo, or their powers somehow making them immortal. So I wouldn't have Natasha be alive in WWII.

Okay, here's why: I know that's her origin in the comics, but for the cartoon I wanted to establish a timeline and keep some distance between WWII and the present. That's why I'm having the older Baron Heinrich Zemo die fighting Cap during the war, and the younger Helmut Zemo be his GRANDson who will menace Cap and the Avengers throughout the present. It worked to have the original Zemo return from the war to fight Cap back in the 60's, but that was only 20 years later. I'd like to cut back on having every one Cap's war buddies or enemies survive into the present via cloned bodies, cryostasis, temporal limbo, or their powers somehow making them immortal. So I wouldn't have Natasha be alive in WWII.

But Natasha was two years old when she met Cap. She's hardly a war buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"