Making the perfect Spidey suit

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by mick, Feb 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimDrakeRobin45 Registered

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are some pics of me in if from Wizard World 2005. As you can see there is a small section
    of spandex in the crotch area giving it more movement. the boots and gloves are removable as
    is the mask. Also a shot of the back spider

#20376 TimDrakeRobin45, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  2. Spiderman0884 Registered

Looks really nice..I think it would look better Brad once you finish with the suit if you Airbrushed the lenses..Brad approx how long does it take to finish an entire suit like this?

3. barthezjame THAI-TOKU.COM

Some new Wallpaper for Spidy Fan.

[​IMG]

4. spidey4fun Custom suit Maker

So far 1 week and I've still heaps more to do. I can't spend hours gluing as my hand cramps up...lol.. so it's a few hours each day. But I've not kept track of individual hours.

5. spidey4fun Custom suit Maker

Hey TimDrake.. I remember seeing this pic a few years back. Where'd they put the zipper in this suit?

Brad.

6. Germanspider Registered

So do i... but i can't remember the nick under which this pic was posted...

7. TimDrakeRobin45 Registered

Yea I posted these back in 05 I think.

The Zipper runs straight down the back through the spider. Its an invisible zipper so its not very noticeable, but it's there.

8. Crimson Spider Registered

guys, thanks for the thoughts on gluing the webs... now do you have any thoughts on removing any excess glue w/out damaging a suit... i messed up pretty bad on the red/blue suit pattern i got from brad when i got to the glueing stage.

AME - thanks very much for the compliment. I actually grew my hair out specifically for wearing the costume w/out the mask.

Here is the video we shot same day as that pic was taken

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=99271033958&ref=nf#/video/video.php?v=99271033958&ref=nf

Thanks again for a great print, Brad!

9. spidey4fun Custom suit Maker

You can buy superglue remover. It comes in a similar style tube and it's like a gell. You rub it on thick and let it do its thing. After 1 day it cleans up pretty good and it doesnt effect the dye-sub print.

10. Crimson Spider Registered

Brad, TYVM for your help! I'd hate to have all that work go to waste. Is the remover by Loc-tite as well?

11. spidey4fun Custom suit Maker

Yep. :cwink:

12. Spider-ManHero12 Web-Slinger

Wow, that looks cool. :up:

13. Wams Registered

14. SpidermanC Registered

15. Spiderkid Registered

Whats that between the mask and the left lense??? looks like lint!!! good luck on your auction

#20390 Spiderkid, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  16. nameless_hero Crime is nameless so am I

C do you have pics of the suit you just finished? Your auction looks like one of your first ones and the last few pics look like the suit of Brad's you put webs on.

17. SpidermanC Registered

Does anybody ever reads the description?? :huh: At the very begining of the auction I wrote :

"The suit you are bidding on is BRAND NEW NEVER WORN BEFORE. The default picture and first 8 pictures of this auction are of the last suit I made, which looks exactly like the suit you are bidding on (Made using the same pieces). The only actual picture of the suit you are bidding on is of the boot (4th picture down). I will be glad to take pictures and send them to anyone who asks, I just have not had the time."

Then before I posted pictures of the suit I made with Brad's pieces I wrote :

"Here are some photos of a different suit. This is not made using the same pieces as the suit being sold. They are simply to show craftsmanship of previous suits I've made."

Schuurkes never had new photos for his auctions or website. Which kinda makes sense... since they'll all look the same.

It's just a hassle trying to get pictures because I don't have anyone to take them while wearing the suit.

18. Sparkus Registered

You cant find anyone to take a picture? Requirements, a finger to press the button. Or a new invention, "Timer".

I know you are legit, but from the outside world of this forum, its fishy. Doesnt have time to take a picture, Yet wants $2500. For that money I would want pictures of what I would be getting. Just saying.

I think if all the suits are the same, just say that. No need to add odd excuses about not having time.

19. brado Registered

WOW! I always thought those instruction manuals were over-complicating things. :oldrazz:

#20394 brado, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  20. SpidermanC Registered

When taking pictures by yourself they rarely turn out right.

I was just trying to be as honest as possible in the auction.

21. SpidermanC Registered

Hey spidermilk how many times are you gonna sell the same suit you've already sold? Are you just not gonna sell it to that buyer or was it a friend that bid on your last auction?

I guess I'm still just wondering what ever happened with that auction since you never answered me the first couple times..

22. iceman911 Registered

Nice job on changing the topic... Although not very subtle =)... Too bad it involves playing the blame game instead of costuming. How about (Just for fun) showing us some pictures of the new suit without you in it. I always love seeing the finished products.

iceman911

23. spidey4fun Custom suit Maker

Almost done... Just need to do the joins in the leg webbing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brad.

24. SpeterMan3 SpeterTV on YT

Amazing, Brad.

You should give it to me.
    Free of charge.
    :cwink:

#20399 SpeterMan3, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  25. Spiderman0884 Registered

:wow::wow::wow: Dammmmm! That looks Sweet...I gotta get me one of those..That Looks nice Brad. I wish you could make them my size in hieght though...Brad how come other suits like Ollie suits or Schurkes suits have a size 5'8 for a Urethane Webbing suit and you only have 1 size which is 6'0-6'1 is there any way that maybe in the near future you could find a way to make a 5'8 size by any chance? If you do id be one of your loyal customers. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.