Maleficent 2

Michelle phfiffer is playing a queen type? So she’s playing herself?

I have yet to see Maleficent. I really should watch it one of these days.

It wasn’t horrible but I’d say what I wanted/expected from the trailers was a journey similar to what Marvel just delivered with Thanos. What was delivered just seemed like Disney got scarred/didn’t think we’d be interested in “the villains journey” following someone who is a villain from beginning to end.

I'm surprised Disney has not set a release date yet, but I wager it'll come out May 29, 2020 (six years after the original).

I could also see a Fall 2019 release.

Disney has not had a good track record with sequels to their fantasy films, especially with a long delay like this film, POTC 5, and Alice Through the Looking Glass (also produced by Joe Roth). It's a sequel no one wants... at least right now.

They have to up their game. Maleficent 2 will probably suffer the same fate as Alice 2 unless (1) they make a good movie, and (2) they don't schedule it in a month with more appealing options.

Disney announces production is underway on #MALEFICENTII w/Angelina Jolie and Elle Fanning reprising their roles. Michelle Pfeiffer, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Ed Skrein, Robert Lindsay & Harris Dickinson join the film directed by Joachim Rønning (Pirates 5).
https://twitter.com/disney/status/1001523635255853056?s=21
Vh9ArXx.jpg

Yaaaas twisted sisters.

Togas are interesting, is this secretly an animal house reboot?

This movie or The Han Solo movie. Which one of the two is more pointless? Disney did not learn their lesson with Alice in Wonderland 2

I’ve only seen a small number of the Disney live-action remakes. But of those, I quite liked Maleficent - mainly because of its revisionism. The others struck me as more-or-less faithful to the original and, therefore, repetative.

That said, I’m not sure that a Maleficent 2 is necessary... :thf:

This movie or The Han Solo movie. Which one of the two is more pointless? Disney did not learn their lesson with Alice in Wonderland 2

Malificent 2. :o Just give us a good Sleeping Beauty live action movie with Maleficent as the actual villain.

Wow, Disney actually moved away from the double punch of Fast & Furious 9 (the week before) and Wonder Woman 1984 (the week after).

I don't know if mid-October 2019 is the best substitute.

Mistress of Evil huh? Do we have a synopsis yet? Releasing around Halloween could be smart if the film has the tone/aesthetic for it.

Yeah, I’m curious about the plot for this too. If I remember the first movie pretty much covered the entire Sleeping Beauty animated movie right? Just some extra backstory for Maleficent.

Hopefully she turns into a dragon in this one.

Wow, Disney actually moved away from the double punch of Fast & Furious 9 (the week before) and Wonder Woman 1984 (the week after).

I don't know if mid-October 2019 is the best substitute.
It's a lot less crowded so it may stand to potentially be #1 for a couple weekends.

i watched the first movie so why is the word ''evil'' on that poster ?

It's a lot less crowded so it may stand to potentially be #1 for a couple weekends.

True. Venom and Halloween actually pulled in higher o.w. numbers ($80M, $79M) than the first Maleficent did in May 2014 ($69M) not adjusted for inflation.

Plus, didn't Disney originally have Jungle Cruise slated for October 2019 before they pushed it back to July 2020?

You normally don't see that kind of enormous calendar bump for a major blockbuster unless Disney saw that Maleficent 2 was on track to be completed by late summer/early fall and decided to fill in the fall 2019 gap.

Could mean anyone really. Maleficient, Michelle phfeiffers character or even aurora

And even if Malificent is the mistress of evil, that doesn't automatically make her evil. Its orobably part of her past that comes back to hunt her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"