Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Silvermoth, Apr 18, 2018.
Years later and still out of our league.
Reviews are out. Looks like this will continue the streak of "critics hate it, audience loves it" for recent live-action Disney flicks.
Thought it was terrible. Maleficent was very passive in the film and barely does anything. Has a few goofy one-liners and that's about it.
Whoever has kids with Elle Fanning, odds are they're gonna come out decent looking no matter how much of a gargoyle you may be.
I've always wanted to see Elle Fanning as Zelda in a Legend of Zelda movie, and these photos make me want to see that happen even more now. That last photo with the swords & shield, come on!
Seeing Pfeiffer in these photos pretty much confirms she's made a deal with the devil. She looks amazing.
Hitting this after work to see what's up. I hear tell it's darker than the first, and still kinda shocked they stuck the PG rating.
We know she did.
I just got back from seeing the film. It's always a joy to see Michelle up on the big screen... but no doubt this is a flawed film.
Things I liked:
- Pfeiffer really had the lead role here and is given the most material to work with (I can see why she said yes).
- The visuals and climax were excellent.
- Jolie was wonderful once more as Maleficent.
- The story was more exciting and engaging than the first movie.
- The score was quite effective.
Things I disliked:
- The movie had some clear pacing problems. The middle stretch in particular suffers.
- Outside of Maleficent and Queen Ingrith, the characters were thinly drawn.
- The cinematography was a little too dark/dull in places.
- The ending for Queen Ingrith was misjudged (I might be alone in thinking this)
Based on the box office, it appears unlikely that we'll be seeing a 'Maleficent 3'.
I think I enjoyed this more than the first one. The first one was so cringey. However, a lot of the things/characters are quite undercooked and the more I think about it, the story just felt rushed.
If Hollywwood movie Execs had any brain , which they dont , they could easily greenlight a smaller budget for Maleficent 3.
Make it for $100-150 million instead of 150-200 and everything will be fine cause this one can easily make its money back although it wont make any significant profit.
I liked it quite a bit better than the first one. It does drag a little bit towards the end and it's nothing special, but I found the first to be a little boring and pretty unmemorable. Whereas this one was far more entertaining.
At least now Maleficent 2 made its money back. Everything from now on will be profit but it wont be much. It will be lucky if its hits $450 mil.
They can make a 3rd one with a smaller budget. The first two had budgets of $180 mil each.
They won’t make a third with such a low domestic gross, even with a lower budget.
They may decide to make a 3rd one after all.