Maleficent 2

Forgot this even existed!

Didn't even know this was a thing! The first one was actually the only movie that I have watched more times int he theater than any other. I won't say how many times...

i watched the first movie so why is the word ''evil'' on that poster ?

Don't know, as she completed her arc in the first one, and was really only 'evil' because she was in pain and angry. Which I liked. I liked that she was good, but just doing bad things.
I could see Pfeiffer being the true evil in the movie, teamed up with Skrien.

I do hope they pace it better and actually use the actors that they have.They had Copley as the King, who I think was dramatically underused. They could have had the original king in the movie play all the way through for the amount of material they gave the character.

Will this just end up like Alice Through the Looking Glass and The Huntsman: Winter’s War where the first one made tons of money but people had no interest in a follow up?

Will this just end up like Alice Through the Looking Glass and The Huntsman: Winter’s War where the first one made tons of money but people had no interest in a follow up?

I think it might. We'll see how Disney markets it.

I hope James Newton Howard returns to compose the score. His first effort was pretty darn good.

Yeah, you're much more of a Maleficent.

Yes. Been too long since the original and really what story is there to tell that’s interesting? Make her evil again?

At least it isn't a remake. Good to see that they aren't ignoring how the first one ended. They are clearly making her a PG rated anti-hero.

I LOVED the first one. And in all honesty, the animated Sleeping Beauty was and is one of my all time favorite of the classic Disney musical films. Yet I didn't have a single issue with the reimagining of the story the way they did it. I thought it was a perfect alternative version which touched on some great themes and it looked fabulous too boot. I for sure didn't get the, now, usual drama that occured online about how something was "ruined" by a movie studio hungry for money... Because before they were all charities, right?

But... I didn't need a sequel in the least. The teaser here looks fine but... it didn't grab me as much as I enjoyed the first one.

Hmm, it’s cool to see phfeiffer and Jolie but I am getting an Alice in wonderland sequel bomb feel of it

Looks great visually and I like the potential for the Angie vs Catwoman showdown.

I didn't like the first movie and the trailer looked meh.

Though good for Michelle Pfeifer booking another tentpole film!

meh. Jolie is obviously not going to be evil in this movie.

whats up with her accent and acting?

She's doing exactly what she did the last film, which is aping the original version of the character... Which is what so many fans whine about that they want... Until they get it.

Meh.
Both Angelina Jolie and especially Michelle Pfeiffer are wasted on this.

And depending on what end of it the mommy is on it'll still be an awkward silence.

Loved the first one, love this trailer. Really looking forward to it (and nice to see UK TV stalwart Robert Lindsay on the big screen!).

Still didn't watch the original and trailer for the sequel doesn't inspire me to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"