Maleficent 2

She better turn into a dragon herself this time or I walk.

And some goblin henchmen.

The first movie was visually pleasing and A.Jolie made a good real life Maleficent, physically. I don't like villains to have a sob (back) story but that what happens when you want to make a family friendly movie based on an established bad character, he/she must be a casualty/victime of her/his condition. Can't make her evil at heart for a kids movie, understandable but still...

Sometimes, what kills a great villain is a back story :)
Anyways, I will see the movie for A.Jolie and M.Pfeiffer, just not in theater.

1N993b9.jpg

Its always rough when the parents of a couple don't get along.

The story seems better than the original. Like it has more meat to it. Of course that might just be the trailer. Watching this for Jolie & Pfeiffer regardless so :shrug:.

The plot feels like if Ralph in Ralph Breaks the Internet went all the way.

I hope there's some wig snatching between Jolie and Pfeiffer. :D I wasn't following the production but based on that last bit in the trailer, I suppose Maleficent found some of her own kind?

Nice to see what it’s actually about.

Love the production values, except for Jolie's wings and horns, which have always looked ridiculous and still do. Not to mention poor Chiwetel Ejiofor in an identical pair of wings and horns, looking just as silly. All the other costumes and stuff look great, the special effects are awesome.
I'm a little worried still that Jolie's performance is solely meant to convey some sort of "witch mood" with witty one-liners like "don't ruin my morning" that are inevitably going to end up on mugs and T-shirts, rather than actually being a performance. I'm probably wrong, because Jolie always surprises me. But Pfeiffer is bringing her A-game (and looking pretty badass with a crossbow in hand). Elle Fanning is a bit one-note.
All in all, this looks like the world's most epic custody battle.

Looks pretty good. I'm really looking forward to this one.

I’m looking forward to dance mums with superpowers. I’ll give it a go

The Disney Sleeping Beauty is probably one of my all time favorite films of the Classic Disney Era. And yet... I totally adored MALEFICENT for what it was and enjoyed the Hell out of it.

And yet... I'm not too jazed for this one. I'll still go see it since I loved the first one. I'm invested enough to do that. But even that new trailer makes me go "Eh... I think they told all the story they needed in the first one."

But even that new trailer makes me go "Eh... I think they told all the story they needed in the first one."

Agreed. I think this performs the way of Alice Through the Looking Glass and Huntsman: Winter’s War as far as sequels to blockbuster fairytales go.

I thought the new trailer was really good, interesting expansion of the story and some great visuals.

This definitely didn't need a sequel. The footage at D23 was horrible.

Basically, it's a lame dinner sequence where it's like in-law families meeting each other and they don't like each other like Meet the Fockers.

Also, why did they make Aurora Queen of the Moors?

The villain is Michelle Pfeiffer as Phillip's mother. So evil mother-in-law. Sorry but this looks like nonsense. The dinner scene makes Maleficent look like an immature, petulant child and not at all sympathetic.

I miss evil Maleficent.

It came off like Aurora is marrying Phillip to maintain peace between the kingdoms and not because she loves him.

It seems to be getting some positives reactions online so far. Most saying it's much better than the first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"