Man, "Game of the Year" is going to be a REAL hard one...

To think that anything other than Halo 3 is going to win is the wrong idea.

Never did take Everton seriously. If it's the English Premiership I hardly bother watching any matches aside from those of Man. Utd., Arsenal and Chelsea.

Pfft. Manchester United: Lucky farkers. They have a healthy mix of Old Guards and Young bloods but their overall performance is flippy especially early season. Liverpool FC: Great Euro record, atrocious Premiership effort. Without Gerrard the team is near unworkable. ***k the Kop anyways. Arsenal: They are NOT an English team! The number of foreign players on their side is ridiculous. While I do have a soft spot for Czech savant Tomas Rosicky.

Halo Vs. Bioshock???? Its pretty obvious that a game that runs on 2 platforms has a better chance at GoTY than exclusives. Wider sales figures and a bigger concensus of gamers.

Why should sales figures have anything to do with how good the game is? Thats what I hate about some GOTY awards, it seems its that the hype or popularity of the game boosts it up. Halo is an example of it. I don't think Halo should win really any GOTY awards, it will be in the running yeah, but CoD4 is the best FPS out right now. I wouldn't doubt it if Halo 3 does take away a lot of them though, because thats just the way it works. If Game "A" is the best game that was put out this year, then it should make no difference as to which console it is or isn't on, or how many copies it sold to the other games in the running.

Not really sales but rather the amount of people who have played a game. I think a game which has gone multiplat would of course reach out to more gamers and thus a general opinion can be gatherd without any major platform bias

Now now, little one, there's no need to be so angry. Mommy will come, fix you some ice cream, tuck you into a warm bed and tell you fascinating fairy tales about the legend of Prince Ratchet and the Clanky damsel in distress. :heart:

Wow. At first I thought your stupidity was a cover, but alas, it is not. Rachet and Clank is a great game. Now I never said it was a GOTY candidate, but to say that it isnt a great game is just pure fanboyism.

Lol...Uncharted will NOT get GotY. It brings nothing new to the table in terms of gameplay, it's just a blend of of different gameplay styles into one mish-mash...thing. If it were to win GotY, it would be solely because of cosmetics and nothing more, and even then that would be a stupid reason for it to win.

Even though I haven't played it, GotY should go to Assassin's Creed, IMO. The platforming in that game looks amazing! :up:

Halo 1 had a better campaign, although I guess anything is better than the terrible Halo 2 campaign. The Halo 3 campaign is crappier for being a lackluster finish to what was suppose to be a trilogy that was worth something. Gameplay wise, is was pretty much everything from Halo 1 and 2, nothing new. The deployables were mostly useless, the game is great in terms iof raw gameplay, but it's essentially a remixed 'been there, done that' the entire way through, and without compelling story driven content and a shortage of really compelling level designs, it was pretty catatonic. Story wise the game ends with a wimper. The ending after the credits is the only part that has the daring and imagination that the entire thing should have had.
Halo 1 did not have a better campaign. Copy-and-paste indoor-levels with often confusing level design offset the brilliance of the outdoor environments.

Halo 3's deployables actually do add to the gameplay if you use them. On real difficulty levels they're the difference between life and death.

...Sigh...while AC does look great I'm upset that because of it the next Gen of Prince of Persia got pushed way back. Don't count any game out of the race though. RTS gaming this year looked pretty good.

I say **** Prince of Persia at this point, keep the Assassin's Creed games going. And it really shouldn't matter if a game is exclusive to one system or not, if its the best game, its the best game. Gears took a lot of the GOTY awards last year, and thats exclusive to the 360. I can totally understand if a game like AC gets it though, pending on the reviews of Mass Effect, because it looks like AC is just that damn good. But don't pick it over any better exclusive game just because its multi platform and that being the only reason.

Prince of Persia is taking a new form for the next game. It's taking a large(r) nod from Sony's excellent Team ICO games.

I say **** Prince of Persia at this point, keep the Assassin's Creed games going. And it really shouldn't matter if a game is exclusive to one system or not, if its the best game, its the best game. Gears took a lot of the GOTY awards last year, and thats exclusive to the 360. I can totally understand if a game like AC gets it though, pending on the reviews of Mass Effect, because it looks like AC is just that damn good. But don't pick it over any better exclusive game just because its multi platform and that being the only reason.

Bite your tongue. WIthout PoP, there would not be Assassin's Creed. In a sense, AC is almost a marriage between Splinter Cell and PoP.

An ICO-ish PoP...? Whoa. Its very hard to nail the atmosphere Ico creates for their games. I look forward to it but I'm not holding my breathe.

Wow. At first I thought your stupidity was a cover, but alas, it is not. Rachet and Clank is a great game. Now I never said it was a GOTY candidate, but to say that it isnt a great game is just pure fanboyism.

When did I EVER say ANYTHING about whether or not Ratchet & Clank is a great game? In fact, look at the last two pages - I've been trying to explain to you dimwitted guitars that my opinion of Ratchet & Clank is pretty much irrelevant. The question here is whether or not it is GOTY material. Try dragging your cranium out of your anal cavity so that you can actually READ people's posts instead of writing half-assed "comebacks" that make you look pitiful. :down:

Halo 3's deployables actually do add to the gameplay if you use them. On real difficulty levels they're the difference between life and death.

Deployables are AWESOME in multiplayer. Just yesterday in Epitaph, one of the other team's players took the rocket launcher and was hot on my tail. We were playing cat and mouse for the longest time and I didn't have any powerful weapons to instantly take him down. I was on the upper floor and he was near the shotgun area. He got impatient and came up the lift thinking he'd fire a rocket on me as soon as he sees me upside. I threw a bubble shield at him near the lift at just the right time and the guy ended blowing himself. Much cursing and expletives followed. :D:up:

lol. people are still dissing me, i am topdawg but i have changed, i have a 360 and ps3 now and am neutral.

it was fun being away from this forum for a while.

so what does everyone think will be each system's GoTY? I say

PS3 - Uncharted
360 - Bioshock
Wii - Super Mario Galaxy
PC- maybe Crysis
Multiplatform - Assasins Creed

so what does everyone think will be each system's GoTY? I say

PS3 - Uncharted No-brainer, what else is there?
360 - Bioshock Mass Effect has a better chance
Wii - Super Mario Galaxy Again, it doesn't have much competition
PC- maybe Crysis World in Conflict also a possible winner
Multiplatform - Assasins Creed Bioshock could be too, because it's also on the PC

;)

Super Mario Galaxy

Wanna play this very badly

The Orange Box

This doesn't qualify because the games included in the Orange Box are older.

Here's what I think have a real shot at GOTY:

Bioshock
Halo 3
Call of Duty 4
Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed

This doesn't qualify because the games included in the Orange Box are older.
IA. Orange Box isnt a game, Its a collection of 5 games. 2 of which are old, 1 is an expansion of the older game and that leaves Team Fortress 2 and Portal, neither of which is on GotY level

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"