Man Of Steel 2 Really Not Happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIVE

Civilian
Reaction score
On this board, posters are claiming that the Vaughn MOS 2 rumors are guaranteed to be true. But people are forgetting that Collider was apparently the only source for this rumor. None of the respectable trades seem to be able to back it up. Enough time has passed and no one of merit seems to be backing up this rumor. Superherohype didn't even run with it.

Meanwhile, real upcoming DCEU projects including today's Batgirl announcement are officially announced through the respectable trades; Variety, Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, etc.

Seems like Collider was fed false information yet again. El Mayimbe perhaps?

Based on the figures released last week about how much profit recent superhero films have brought in, Man Of Steel really disappointed. I don't think it's surprising that WB isn't really moving forward with any solo Superman sequel.

WB seems to be prioritizing all the Batman films and spinoffs, SS2, JL Dark, Flash, Green Lantern and GC Sirens first. Do you think WB is making the right move?

It's definitely "in the cards", I believe both Henry and Amy have said it's currently getting a script treatment at least.

MOS made a respectable 668 million, so there's incentive to make a sequel even if it didn't reach the heights some had hoped

It didn't make 668 Million though. It only made:

Iron Man 3 - $391.8m
Avengers Age of Ultron - $382.3m
Guardians of the Galaxy - $204.2m
Big Hero 6 - $187.3m
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - $166.2m
Thor The Dark World - $139.4m
Batman V. Superman - $105m
Ant-Man - $103.9m
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - $81.31m
X-men Days of Future Past - $77.4m
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - $70.4m
Man of Steel - $42.7m
Those numbers according to Deadline who are very informed. That must have been really disappointing to shareholders, after Robinov promised a billion plus.

Henry and Amy's comments remind me of Brandon Routh and friends promising a followup to Superman RReturns was in the works.

Realistically, if there was a script being worked on, WB would have announced the scriptwriters already. WB doesn't seem to be shy about announcing scriptwriters, producers and directors almost immediately as they've been put on DC projects, through trades.

The trades ignoring any mention of 'MOS 2' is quite telling. It's questionable whether there even is a 'MOS 2' in development.

I know this is speculation and such, but couldn't this go in the Superman forum?

Since it's discussing the supposed 'MOS sequel' with regards to the DCEU plans in general and other DCEU films, that's why I posted it here. Just like the Batman threads in this forum.

it will happen....

PaUKzjs.gif

newbie my ass, hello banned user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"