The Marketing of Steel

Tagline:

"You Will Believe......Again"

Whoa, you must have a lot of time on your hands to find all that up just to prove me wrong. But good job. The storyline in my opinion was crap along with the casting. There was a lack of action and did not give Superman enough depth. Also, the film focused on Lois Lane as much as Superman. Not a fan of that at all. The only part of the movie I could commend was how great the affects and shots were. Other then that, CRAP. IMO of course. And just because critics like it, does not mean I should. Just sayin'.
Yeah, i really had time in my hands that i had to spend 2 entire minutes to reach wikipedia, oh wow, and i can't believe i wasted 5 entire seconds to make a copypaste, wow, i must really hate you to dedicate all this time to prove you wrong.:awesome:

Yeah, i really had time in my hands that i had to spend 2 entire minutes to reach wikipedia, oh wow, and i can't believe i wasted 5 entire seconds to make a copypaste, wow, i must really hate you to dedicate all this time to prove you wrong.:awesome:

:woot:

Tagline:

"You will believe...that a Superman movie can be mildly entertaining"

Keep the expectations low, lol.

Possible taglines...

You will believe, at least more you did with that last crapfest.

Lindsay Lohan isn't in this, we promise.

It's a bird! It's a plane! No, not Green Lantern... the other guy!

You've got to be a man to wear tights.

Going back to the nostalgia days,I remember these from Batman Forever

FFmcdonaldsForeverUKpapercups.jpg

Brings back good old memories

and the glasses you could collect.

AY7YtwG76dhHSUQ.jpg

I still have the those two Batman and Robin glasses!

Those cups are pretty badass. TF looks cooler on the cup than he does in the actual movie.

I have Batman, Robin and Riddler, not Two-Face.

As for the tagline: move away from Superman (1978), and go for more Superman, period. I suggest just using the Superman opening monologue/slogan for it: "This Christmas, Look, Up In the Sky!"

If you want the full/longer version: "Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! This Christmas, Look, Up In the Sky! Superman: The Man of Steel."

But yeah, "Look, Up In The Sky!"

I only got the Robin glass...then it got smashed.:csad::woot:

I had a few of those glasses. The Batman one was especially cool. I don't remember what happened to them. Still have all of the Lord of the Rings ones though.

Get ready for "Kneel before Zod!" promo posters, t-shirts, etc.

Imagine a black poster with metallic silver or red letters spelling out one word,
"KNEEL!"

I know some of you think Snyder will not use this Donner movie quote but from a $$$$$ standpoint,
that phrase is sure catchy and recognizable even by non-fanboys!
Marketing, marketing, marketing.

You can bet your ass in the trailers it's going to say first, "From Producer Christopher Nolan" with possibly "From the Director of Inception and The Dark Knight Rises" coming after his name. Then "From Director Zack Snyder of 300" following.

This movie will have Nolan's name all over it in the promotion. It's pretty much guarenteed when TDKR hits.

"Moving Mountains" from Two Steps from Hell would do so well in a trailer for this too. I know it was used for FC, but if they're aiming for a more action orientated and serious trailer, it would be a great fit. Imagine watching the trailer and seeing Shannon as Zod looking intense and **** with that music playing.

Last edited:

Imagine a black poster with metallic silver or red letters spelling out one word,
"KNEEL!"

I know some of you think Snyder will not use this Donner movie quote but from a $$$$$ standpoint,

I do wonder if they'l use that line and if they do how much will they use it to market the film.

The marketing team for this should be TDK's. Such a great marketing campaign. They really had a good idea of how to sell that film in a gradual way without it feeling like bombardment. The trailer placements, the viral campaign (was that considered marketing?) commercials. All well done.

You already know anything viral will involve actual Daily Planet newspapers, or a DP website featuring fictional news stories.

Going back to the nostalgia days,I remember these from Batman Forever

FFmcdonaldsForeverUKpapercups.jpg

Brings back good old memories

and the glasses you could collect.

AY7YtwG76dhHSUQ.jpg

Oh jeez! I remember those paper cups from McD's, ain't seen them for ages. :up:

It makes me want to cry when I see things like that from my childhood. :up:

I hope they can make something memorable for the future.

With things nowadays you have to go into Forbidden Planet and expect to pay a fortune for something.

But wheres the novelty gone in merchandising,and the excitement that you would from get something really cool when you bought a Happy meal and stuff?

I mean Im 20,but the kid in me always loves to get a superhero figure when I go to places like that when a movies coming out,but what we have today is NOTHING compared to the old days. Theres just no heart put into anything anymore. :csad:

I don't know about you but I can't wait to purchase a "Kneel before Zod" t-shirt!

"KNEEL!"

I can see something like that. A character poster of Zod, that just says KNEEL on it and on T shirts. It is great marketing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"