MARGOT ROBBIE to star in new Pirates of the Caribbean movie for Disney

I don't have a problem whatsoever in rebooting PotC.
The franchise had run it's course after 3, let alone the next two.
Trying to re-create Sparrow in another form just won't work - it was one of the best character performances of the last 15 years!
I think they're being quite clever in developing two potential ideas - Robbie in one & Gillan in the other. Take the best of what works from each & go from there.

I think the problem with Pirates 2 and 3 is they made them so big and overwrought. The subplots had subplots. Just for example, 2 started that love triangle between Jack, Elizabeth, and Will, and it doesn't even really get resolved in the third movie. They just kind of lampshade it and ignore it.

Not to mention you set up this giant battle between the British fleet and the pirate fleet and...nothing happens.

The Kraken was too big of a monster...so they just kill it offscreen? That's kind of underwhelming. Plus the stuff with Calypso. They just crammed so much stuff in.
I don't think it was necessarily written to be a love triangle, but that Elizabeth was attracted to Jack, maybe in connection to her feeling frustrated in a way. As a whole collective idea, I think it may be about Elizabeth's pirate arc, to me. Elizabeth is attracted to pirates, why? I think this movie comes down on the idea that Elizabeth wants to be one herself. Some thing I think is developed in that talk between her and Jack. I think that comes down to it when Jack calls her a pirate at the end.

I think that more crumbles when Beckett gets blown away. Personally, it's not something I've given much thought to.

I think that may be a taste thing. I can see why they would do that. We already had the big conclusion to it. Maybe they could've done something else, but I think, for me, it didn't really effect it much.

Tia Dalma stuff I do think similarly on.

I don't think it was necessarily written to be a love triangle, but that Elizabeth was attracted to Jack, maybe in connection to her feeling frustrated in a way. As a whole collective idea, I think it may be about Elizabeth's pirate arc, to me. Elizabeth is attracted to pirates, why? I think this movie comes down on the idea that Elizabeth wants to be one herself. Some thing I think is developed in that talk between her and Jack. I think that comes down to it when Jack calls her a pirate at the end.

I think that more crumbles when Beckett gets blown away. Personally, it's not something I've given much thought to.

I think that may be a taste thing. I can see why they would do that. We already had the big conclusion to it. Maybe they could've done something else, but I think, for me, it didn't really effect it much.

Tia Dalma stuff I do think similarly on.

I'm confused, what else is that other than a love triangle? It was obviously a love triangle.

It makes no sense that Beckett's fleet didn't join the fight and just stood down.

I'm confused, what else is that other than a love triangle? It was obviously a love triangle.

It makes no sense that Beckett's fleet didn't join the fight and just stood down.
Elizabeth wasn't in love (or I think, to me, if I remember correctly, felt much love in general) with Jack. I think the situation was resolved by Elizabeth essentially getting him killed.

The dutchman, if I remember correctly was fighting, and Beckett was fine to blow away the black pearl himself, I think, if I remember correctly, with the dutchman, he thought, still on his side.

Elizabeth wasn't in love (or I think, to me, if I remember correctly, felt much love in general) with Jack. I think the situation was resolved by Elizabeth essentially getting him killed.

Jean isn't in love with Logan/Wolverine, but it's still technically a love triangle. That wasn't a good resolution because at the end, Elizabeth was clearly in anguish and felt guilty about what she did.

The dutchman, if I remember correctly was fighting, and Beckett was fine to blow away the black pearl himself, I think, if I remember correctly, with the dutchman, he thought, still on his side.

I remember, but they were all there ready for battle, and the other ships just didn't do anything except turn tail.

Jean isn't in love with Logan/Wolverine, but it's still technically a love triangle. That wasn't a good resolution because at the end, Elizabeth was clearly in anguish and felt guilty about what she did.
I got the impression her feeling guilt and such wasn't about any love she had for Jack like that, but because she's not amoral like that. I think it's a solid resolution.

In the Jean/Scott/Logan thing, i think Logan at least has personal romantic feelings for Jean, where I think Jean, in the movies at least, is mainly more attracted to him. I don't think Jack has any such feelings for Elizabeth. He thinks she's attractive and says they're a lot like or something, and that's it. I think Elizabeth sees it similarly, but not in love or real romantic personal feelings. Personally, I think this is the better version of that kind of story. Showcase that it wouldn't work, based on who they are as people (my opinion: Jack being a liar and someone willing to throw Will to be used as fodder for his survival, Elizabeth being someone who when she uses Jack in a similar way, she feels bad about it). For me, there's nothing else, that needs to be resolved. If there's anything that would kill a potential for romance, for me, it's one of them, willingly, on their own, getting the other killed.
I remember, but they were all there ready for battle, and the other ships just didn't do anything except turn tail.
Maybe they could've attacked, but I don't know what that would've accomplished story and character wise or necessarily why they would, with Beckett dead.

I got the impression her feeling guilt and such wasn't about any love she had for Jack like that, but because she's not amoral like that. I think it's a solid resolution.

That didn't feel like a real resolution to me. It could've just as much been an attempt by Elizabeth to try and deny her feelings.

I wonder if they’ll film in Australia too? Often when they get a massive star from Australia they ask to film in Australia to support the local film industry and also see their fam.

that might be fun. They should film where they did the Shallows

Please keep Robbie away from Pirates....PLEASE!!!

I just want to see more epic sea creatures.

Yes and I don't get why they haven't, because it just feels like a huge missed opportunity IMO. I mean the mermaids in On Stranger Tides were pretty cool, but nothing tops the Kraken for me from DMC as for as Sea Monsters go and I wish they would have added more epic sea creatures to this franchise.

Yes and I don't get why they haven't, because it just feels like a huge missed opportunity IMO. I mean the mermaids in On Stranger Tides were pretty cool, but nothing tops the Kraken for me from DMC as for as Sea Monsters go and I wish they would have added more epic sea creatures to this franchise.
Totally agree my friend.

Yeah, it feels like a strange thing to miss. Hopefully we get a good showing in future films.

after hearing so much last summer, it’s very quiet now.
Still hoping for a Disney plus series

I see reasons for a Disney plus series

At this point you could do pretty much everything a Disney plus series, so thats neither here nor there.
But not everything needs to be a series.

We know too little about where the project is, so its impossible to say yet if it would be better suited for a series or a movie.
I hope we get news about this soon.

Kind of expensive for a Disney+ series though wouldn’t it? Monsters, ships etc? Plus paying for all the seamen

they can do a lot with the projection technique from Mandalorian. Of course outdoor filming will be required - but with a budget of 100 millions it should work.
A series with Carina Smythe (and perhaps Henry Turner)

Bob Chapek recently said, that they’re planning to connect the parks with their content more. Jungle Cruise will be the first movie about an attraction again. Haunted Mansion is in the works, Matterhorn Bobsleds is rumored...
They sure have a plan for their biggest IP, to connect the parks with movies (those rumored ones with Margot Robbie, RDJ, Karren Gillian) and something on Disney plus.

An User Experience with many touch points inside and outside the parks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"