The Dark Knight Rises Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurka

Let The Games Begin!
Reaction score
"Cotillard will appear as Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father's philanthropic endeavors for Gotham."

Discuss.

I smell sitcom!

But seriously I was never a fan of her for Catwoman. If Miranda is really Talia that'll be cool. Im just happy she has a role

Completely nuts. A total shocker for me. At least we know where this movie is going now.

- No Talia.
- No Black Mask.
- No Alberto Falcone.
- No Hugo Strange.

We can all take a deep breath now.

I mean... I guess Miranda Tate could be infiltrating Wayne Enterprises... and she's Talia. Bah.

Last edited:
I'm in the boat that this Miranda character could still be Talia. Yea, sounds lame, already did that with Ducard in BB but I'm not ruling it out.

if fans expected that WB and Nolan would confirm Talia the daughter from Ra's 1 year before the movie opens ....then you are funny.

I smell a cover for Talia as well, perhaps she was "ideally placed" to keep an eye one Gotham/Bruce?

Oh well, the hypothesizing begins!

*Hears cover for Talia*

:dry:

You guys just don't give up.

Now were down to just 2 villains again :) maybe now all the TOO MANY CHARACTERS FFS!-whiners will stop :p

It sounds ridiculously unoriginal since it was done in the first film.

Well that was unexpected. Interesting to see how this plays out.

it's good to hear that nolan isn't bent on filling this film with recognizable characters..she may be using a cover but knowing nolan, it will be a forgettable role.

It's completely unoriginal, doesn't mean it can't happen.

Edit: Just hard for me to imagine that Marion would spend time away from her newborn to just play a board member. There is more meat on this character than we know right now.

If it makes sense in the context of the story there's nothing wrong with it. Original or not, if Talia were conceivably in the film it's not unfeasible for her to mimic her father's methods to get closer to Bruce.

"You are defending a system so corrupt, we have infiltrated every level of its infrastructure" - Ra's al Ghul

Methinks Miranda is Talia

Yeah, can't see Nolan doing the same plot twist twice.

As she was tied to Talia and basically confirmed as Talia months earlier, as well as the Young Ra's revelation, the idea of having Talia in this movie isnt outlandish at all. Especially in a role "eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father's philanthropic endeavors for Gotham." I'm betting on Talia.

As she was tied to Talia and basically confirmed as Talia months earlier, as well as the Young Ra's revelation, the idea of having Talia in this movie isnt outlandish at all. Especially in a role "eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father's philanthropic endeavors for Gotham." I'm betting on Talia.

Agreed. There was the actual mention of the name Talia in the trades. And yes, the trades aren't perfect. I'm just not completely dismissing it though. Keeping an open mind here.

And again, Marion will be taking time away from her newborn. To just play a board member? Possible, but I think there is more to it.

Yeah, can't see Nolan doing the same plot twist twice.

Yeah, Nolan is too original to do that. I don't see him pulling the same twist twice. Especially since it's so obvious and expected. Nolan never goes with the obvious. Take today's big casting news. Completely out of left field. This movie isn't going to follow the plot line they think it will.

It's even more predictable to use Talia as a villain now. I would be surprised if Nolan went that route AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"