The Dark Knight Rises Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.
DE7Oih.jpg

She won't be. I think it is pretty apparent with the casting decisions thus far.

Catwoman, Bane, and Bruce. - The movie's main focus.

The other people cast in the film are representing the men and women of Gotham City - This series from the start has been all about Gotham, so the finale has to focus on the triumph of both Batman and the people of Gotham.

Throwing Talia in would feel like throwing Sandman into Spider-Man 3. She would be just....there. In an attempt to put everything into a full circle, the cheapest way to do it is to have the daughter of the first film's villain be present. Really stupid.

I'm all for Miranda Tate being... just Miranda Tate. :p

And yay for a philantrophic Bruce!

If you ask me this role makes sense for her as the last minute decision it ended up being, considering it's not very demanding or athletic. I definitely see the idea of Miranda being Talia working, especially with Ra's involvement in Bane's history, but I simply don't think it would be worth it and would be kind of an eye-roller at best.

AMH as the Riddler was a total stab in the dark. There was nothing to support it, not the case here.

My reasoning that Marion COULD be Talia is the fact that

1. A young Ra's will appear in this film
2. Talia had been mentioned as a character being cast for TDKR in the trades
3. Marion taking time off from her just born baby to play a character with the weight of Talia as opposed to a board member

And yes, I am a quite aware that a young Ra's could be just for Bane, and the trades are certainly not perfect. I get that. And perhaps Nolan wrote a hell of a character in this board member, so much so, Marion just couldn't pass it up even with her newborn. However, I still see it as a possibility and I won't dismiss it as having no chance in happening.

This makes the idea of Cotillard as Talia even worse.

An Al Ghul pretending to be someone else. How original :whatever:.

This makes the idea of Cotillard as Talia even worse.

NOOOO this is totally different because this Al Ghul...... is sexy.

Apology Accepted

I'll say this again... NONE of us know the story!

Maybe "Miranda Tate" doesn't even know she's Talia until the final chapter, when Bane decides to spill the beans... in the process exposing her boss Bruce Wayne (whom she trusted and fell in love with) as the criminal Batman that "killed" her father.

There are so many different ways to take the story, but having Talia somehow included makes much more sense in this trilogy.

I would be fine Tate turning into Talia, but I would be more fine with Tate just being a boardmember who finds somehting with Bruce.

I actually think making Catwoman the real female villain, and not the love interest, more intriguing than the otherwayaround

is the young ras thing confirmed? i hope not.

I actually think making Catwoman the real female villain, and not the love interest, more intriguing than the otherwayaround

This.

It'd be real nice to see Catwoman as an actual villain again. Maybe Nolan dosent wanna retread the Bruce/Selina romance since it was already done in Batman Returns

This.

It'd be real nice to see Catwoman as an actual villain again. Maybe Nolan dosent wanna retread the Bruce/Selina romance since it was already done in Batman Returns

I would say we haven't seen Bruce/Selina romance as it's been portrayed in comics like Hush or Long Halloween and that the relationship between Bruce/Selina in Returns was very much more the classic "villain" type role.

Returns didn't have romance so much as it had a psychotic infatuation on the part of Catwoman.

Cotillard will appear as Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father’s philanthropic endeavors for Gotham.
So it looks like we are revisiting the Waynes and their legacy.

That could very well be what Oldman meant when he said this film would call back to Batman Begins.

I would say we haven't seen Bruce/Selina romance as it's been portrayed in comics like Hush or Long Halloween and that the relationship between Bruce/Selina in Returns was very much more the classic "villain" type role.

Returns didn't have romance so much as it had a psychotic infatuation on the part of Catwoman.

Disagree on both counts. There was a clear romance going on between Bruce/Selina, and Selina was mostly on her own side, trying to kill max, one of the bad guys.

When I hear hoof sounds, I think horses. Not zebras.

We have an official press release stating that Marion Cotillard is playing the character Miranda Tate. So until I I see the film next July, Marion Cotillard is Miranda Tate. I'm not going to spend an entire year fretting over the possibility that Nolan is going to pull the same "fake identity" twist as Batman Begins.

I'm not buying this Talia ******** until I see undisputable proof.

I refuse to believe Nolan would sign off on something so predictable and unoriginal.

I was hoping for talia.I consider her and Catwoman the great love Intrests for Bruce.
Having said that If Miranda Is not talia and just love Intrest for bruce I am fine with It.
He deserves a real Love Intrest In the trilogy.Sorry rachel was never a real Love Intrest.
She spent too much time lecturing him for my taste to be a love Intrest.And I am hoping
If Miranda tate Is love Intrest for Bruce Wayne that Catwoman comes on to Batman.

When I hear hoof prints, I think horses. Not zebras.

We have an official press release stating that Marion Cotillard will be playing the character Miranda Tate. So until I I see the film next July, Marion Cotillard is Miranda Tate.

It's funny to me that the people who think she's secretly Talia(ZOMG TWISTz!!1), have more valid opinions than those of us who don't think she's playing Talia and that we should just shut the **** up and get in line.

When I hear hoof prints, I think horses. Not zebras.

We have an official press release stating that Marion Cotillard will be playing the character Miranda Tate. So until I I see the film next July, Marion Cotillard is Miranda Tate. I'm not going to spend an entire year fretting over the idea that Nolan is going to pull the same "fake identity" angle as Batman Begins.

should WB realesed in 2005 that Jason is superman's son?

lets calm down and lets use the right and left side of our brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"