The Dark Knight Rises Is this a better plot than TDKR?

I prefer TDK plotwise. I thought this movie was too long and TDK was more straight to the point and as a result was tighter

Obviously SPOILERS below.

I am among those disappointed by TDKR due to a lack of a cohesive narrative/theme.

Below is my take on an alternate but similar story for TDKR

Edit* Basically, I think the plot of TDKR is over-burdened and convoluted and could have benefited greatly by cutting characters or focusing the plot on one or two elements. Below is simply my opinion of a streamlined plot.

Act I

Bruce is not a recluse but has not been Batman for eight years. Internally, he feels empty but this is due to his inability to fulfil the desire of being Batman. Batman is a means of catharsis for Bruce. TDKR would begin by focusing on the melancholy nature of Bruce without Batman. It would show that despite Gotham being better, Bruce still selfishly desires to return as Batman because he is psychologically addicted to his alter-ego. We are introduced to John Blake's character through commissioner Gordon. We learn that Blake is an idealist who is obsessed with Batman and determining Batman's true identity.

Act II

Bruce meets Miranda Tate as a new board member for his company. He falls madly in love and finds a new purpose in life. He struggles with the decision to no longer want to be batman and feels that he is betraying his parents. This touches upon a theme explored in Mask of Phantasm which is shown below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjAFbEP0wK4

Act III

Bane emerges and ignites a revolution in Gotham by revealing the lie about Dent. Tate reveals to Bruce that she is Talia and that Bane is part of the LOS. She also reveals that she no longer supports Bane because she has fallen in love with Bruce. Bruce is shocked and ends his relationship with Talia. Heartbroken, Talia promises to leave and never interfere with Gotham again but states she cannot stop Bane. Bruce is devastated at losing his first true love since Rachel but decides that Gotham needs Batman.

Batman develops a plan to attack Bane. He launches an assault. Blake is shown tailing Batman. Batman fights Banes and loses. Batman escapes before Bane is able to finish him. Blake sees a wounded Batman who collapses outside of Bane's stronghold/lair. Blake aids Batman who instructs Blake to take him to Bruce manor. Batman reveals his identity because he is near-death and needs Alfred's help (this is a parallel to BB where Rachel needed to be saved by Batman).

Batman recovers while the revolution grows. He learns more about Bane and builds a strong relationship with Blake.

Finale

A weak and damaged Batman returns to inspire hope among citizens who oppose the revolution. Queue epic fight between Bane's army and those inspired by Batman. Batman confronts Bane again but beats him through intelligent tactics by damaging his mask. Gothamites learn of Bane's defeat and are further inspired to rise against the revolution. The revolution is defeated as their leader is defeated.

Bruce accepts he can no longer be batman due to the physical toll on his body. He still believes the city needs a symbol for hope and starts training Blake. The last shot is Blake as batman with the Gotham skyline in the background and Blake glides to the foreground (similar to the last shot of BB).

*Edited based on feedback*

I applaud you but no.

I don't think that if they were alive, Martha and Thomas Wayne would like their legacy to be their only son, wearing a costume and beating up criminals and villains. And I don't think that Bruce would feel that way. (I have no idea what Mask of Phantasm is, didn't click the link). Bruce not being Batman = betraying his parents legacy is just plain stupid. Sorry.

First of all, you are no true fan of The Batman if you have "no idea" what Mask of the Phantasm is.

And I don't think that Bruce would feel that way. Bruce not being Batman = betraying his parents legacy is just plain stupid. Sorry.

Have you EVER read a Batman comic book?

Do you know ANYTHING about Batman, outside of the Nolan movies?

If not, I think you might be the source of the "just plain stupid."

:whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"