Marvel April 2008 Solicitations

Not feeling the new cover artist on Cap.

It's Butch Guice, which means it should be good. But it looks kind of like he colored it with crayons. I don't really like the coloring style, but the image as a whole isn't bad.

It's Butch Guice, which means it should be good. But it looks kind of like he colored it with crayons. I don't really like the coloring style, but the image as a whole isn't bad.

Maybe the suckiness of the new Cap costume is detrimental to good art.

Maybe. Maybe Guice was like, "What is with this shiny bull****? Joke's on you for making Cap look like ass, Marvel! Ha, crayons!"

I just managed to audibly roll my eyes when I read that tarantula preview. It was actually rather impressive (the audible eye rolling not that terrible story idea)

In the solicit they sound confident that Kick-Ass will sell pretty well (although it could as it has two big-name creators on it). If I'm right, I don't think the first issue has even come out yet.

It hasn't. But a lot of people like Millar for some unknown reason, and JR Jr.'s art is always a treat.

Yes, he does. It's just seems odd to me that he'd change his name in the middle of a run.

Wow, when will the raping of Black Tarantula stop?

Thoughts:

- The colors on that Guice CA cover suck.

- I may try KICK-ASS, although it is horribly silly that now the term, "KICK-ASS" will be a trademark. Really, where does it end?

- I commented on TLD #2 in the topic.

- YOUNG AVENGERS PRESENTS #4 chugs along, but we've seen this before.

- BLACK PANTHER may not have long for this world, as it and MS. MARVEL are steadily falling from the Top 100.

- I still fail to see any purpose for FAIRY TALES books other than keeping Cebulski from doing better projects. It isn't like X-M:FT or S-M:FT sold well, or even decently. Ugh.

I just managed to audibly roll my eyes when I read that tarantula preview. It was actually rather impressive (the audible eye rolling not that terrible story idea)

The DD Annual,which this issue is most likely a follow up of,was better than some of the current issues of the ongoing.

For once,it was nice to have a solid DD story that featured an ending.Bru's Jailbreak and Europe arcs were really good comics,but this current arc which started back in #95 has just been going on and on jamming Mila down our throats.

I'm looking forward to the special,BT is a very interesting character.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #37
Written by ED BRUBAKER
Pencils by STEVE EPTING & JACKSON GUICE
Cover by JACKSON GUICE
ACT THREE OF "THE EPIC THE DEATH OF CAPTAIN AMERICA" STORY BEGINS!
With a new Cap now established, things go from bad to worse as the Red Skull makes an unexpected move for the very soul of America! And what was it that Sharon Carter saw at the end of the last issue? Act Three - The Man Who Bought America - begins here! By the most popular Cap team in years - Brubaker and Epting!
Brubaker has been saying for a while that corporatism would come into play in this series, what with Lukin/Skull being probably the richest man on the planet now; it'll be interesting to see what happens. And Guice is doing covers now; interesting.
YOUNG AVENGERS PRESENTS #4 (of 6)
But will getting intangibly stuck halfway through her body while A.I.M. are attacking put a damper on his ardour?
Kinky.
IRON MAN: LEGACY OF DOOM #1 (of 4)
Written by DAVID MICHELINIE
Art & Cover by RON LIM & BOB LAYTON
"A Knight in Hell" Dr. Doom returns to menace Iron Man in the chilling and long-awaited conclusion of The Camelot Trilogy! Mephisto has apparently found a way to bring about The End Of Days and Tony Stark and Victor Von Doom must form an uneasy alliance to try and stop him. But all may not be as it seems. And it takes a journey to Hell itself before the shocking truth is revealed! Iron Man legends David Michelinie and Bob Layton are joined by penciler supreme Ron Lim to bring you the first part of an epic literally decades in the making!
This looks like an enjoyable throwback (and the well-timed release of the preceding chapters the preceding month is great marketing, too).

Heh, the Thing's face on that FF cover is hilarious. It's not like Johnny and Sue getting shot is gonna amount to anything.

IM028.jpg

Damn, thats awesome :up:

http://comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12781

Hulk,FF,Iron Fist,Ultimates 3,etc.

Looking forward to the double sized madness of Iron Fist and Iron Man.

Looks pretty good.

- Surprised that red vs green is happening to soon in Hulk but we'll see

- I HATE the fact that Ultimate Omega Red is a Spidey villain. Lord knows the UXM could use some good villains

- Ultimates 3 :up::up:

-That UFF cover is beautiful. I :heart: Dell'Otto

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"