• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Marvel April 2008 Solicitations

More thoughts:

- Naturally, more IMMORTAL IRON FIST is great, but, why is that HYDRA agent trying to grapple Danny's crotch? I guess hanging around with hundreds of men who all dress the same and scream a motto about cutting things off and regrowing more of them has an effect on a man. Bad Touch!

- Is the Kirkman run on Ult. XM really ending?

- UFF looks cool, it is the only Ultimate book I feel is worth my time & three dollars now.

The only Ultimate books I was ever crazy about were Ultimates 1 and 2,Millar's UF4 and the first arc of UXM.

I know I'll get flogged for this,but I can see myself getting sucked into Ultimatum and Ultimate Origin.

The only Ultimate books I was ever crazy about were Ultimates 1 and 2,Millar's UF4 and the first arc of UXM.

I know I'll get flogged for this,but I can see myself getting sucked into Ultimatum and Ultimate Origin.

I won't flog you. That's just be plain hypocritical, especially as I stuck it out to finish ULTIMATE POWER and only recently left Kirkman's shipwreck of Ult. XM.

I doubt I will hit those Ultimate mini's. The more of Ultimate I have dropped, I find myself not missing it a whole lot. 616 is where the action is. UFF is still fun, though, so I'm still aboard.

Origin is going to have Guice on art,and that's going to be hard to pass up.The origin of the UMU could be interesting,there could be a clever story in there.

Ultimatum,Finch is a big minus for me.But,I've enjoyed Loeb's recent stuff(U3,Hulk).They're just big,loud and brash comics with a little mystery not claiming to be anything but that.

Still,why not just collect the entire mini.
Because it's a Skrull-centric collection, and adding three more issues would raise the price, thus potentially warding off customers? (it's already larger than the standard six issue size)

It was only a matter of time, but Nova is back in Annihilation Conquest.

Missed the IGN previews. Man, I am NOT looking forward to SECRET INVASION. Bendis + Event = Plodding pacing and shameless retcons that always, always fail to excite or bring about anything positive to any character, ever. He's whiffed on two events thus far in terms of quality. I am not expecting a home run from a third. Hell, I'd take a mediocre bunt at this point.

Yeah, Nova is back on a AC cover. Knew that before.

Someone can call me out on my taste's here, but I'll be buying Secret Invasion and I think it will be good.

Someone can call me out on my taste's here, but I'll be buying Secret Invasion and I think it will be good.

Someone can, and will, call me out on brainless Marvel Zombie logic because I will likely be buying SI, I think I will hate it, and I have no faith in the story whatsoever. Not a drop.

Is it POSSIBLE that Bendis could actually defy expectations and score a hit? Sure. But it is also possible for the New York Knicks to rally and manage to make the Wild Card. Both are just not bloody likely.

But this is really Bendis forte if you come down and think about it. Slow moving mysteries and noiresque events.

I dunno, I'm real excited about Secret Invasion. There's a lot of potential in this story. This could be the story that finally cleans up the marvel universe a little bit like House of M did with the mutants and the x-men. My only request is that after this event PLEASE take a break Marvel. No more events for at least 2 years. There's been so many changes to the marvel universe that there hasn't been time to properly explore and play with the changes. Marvel definitely needs to take a breather after this.

But this is really Bendis forte if you come down and think about it. Slow moving mysteries and noiresque events.

And an easy chance to drastically **** up with characters he cares nothing about, just to prove he can. And another chance to write a story in which heroes who should know better spend too much time infighting like immature ******s, so much so that they make Obama and Hillary look like Tag Team Champions. And then someone comes out of nowhere, saves the day, and the moral of the story is that superheroes are useless a-holes. I really, really, REALLY do not look forward to that ****.

Yeah, but superheroes are not his forte. Throw them into the mix and it's a recipe for disaster.

Yeah, but superheroes are not his forte. Throw them into the mix and it's a recipe for disaster.

I'm putting some faith into Bendis on this one. I don't know why, but I got a feeling, a loving feeling.

Does it tickle your pickle?

Maybe. It's almost like everytime Dan Slott talks about Brand New Day, he makes me want to read it so bad, but I know I'm going to hate it. This is the exact opposite. I don't want to read it, but I know it's going to be good. The voice told me it would be.

It never lies. It told me about your birthmark.

I like the idea of Secret Invasion.

But I'm scared of how the device will be used to make sweeping Bendis-changes.

And I'm scared it just won't be any good.

It's a typical Bendis story. The idea behind it is a decent one. The execution of that idea is going to be a cluster****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"