Comics Marvel Confirms it, the Second Gen X-Men are the best :D

In a recent top ten list of X-Men teams, Marvel chose the Second Gen team like the best team of all time, a little fact that I have been defending for along while. Take that you lousy original five :p

http://www.marvel.com/news/comics.4113.Take_10:_X-Men_Lineups

The O5 was boring as a unit.

However, each generation of X-Characters have had their highlights among them.

I'm still partial to the rosters from the first issue of Adjectiveless.

I agree with the polls. They are number 1 because they started it all.

I loved the original 5. With the exception of Beast, they are among my favorite X-men ever. I also loved the newbies added during that timeline like Polaris and Havok. I prefer them over the 2nd Gen X-men

In a recent top ten list of X-Men teams, Marvel chose the Second Gen team like the best team of all time, a little fact that I have been defending for along while. Take that you lousy original five :p

Not quite.

*I* defended their #1 pick while you've been defending #2.

Remember that 'which team was the best' thread? I said Cyke, Storm, Wolvie, Pete and Kurt. Maybe I included Banshee. Not quite sure. Anyway, you said yours was the exact same roster minus Cyke and plus Kitty.

Nice try, hon. :woot:

It must KILL you that Cyke is in 4 of the top 5 teams, eh? To be fair, though, I think 'Ro got a 5 out of 10 too. Still, top 5 >.>>>> top 10. :woot:

X-MEN BLUE TEAM
"At the end of the day, this is the team that sold more comics than any other comic book in history. How can you argue with success?"

That's a pretty damn impressive. :wow:

X-MEN BLUE TEAM
"At the end of the day, this is the team that sold more comics than any other comic book in history. How can you argue with success?"

That's a pretty damn impressive. :wow:

Well, with the help of the Gold Team, who appeared in most of the issues.:hehe:

Please. Everyone knows the Gold team was the Reject team.

Blue team is where it's at! :word:

Please, everybody knows Wolverine was the only reason the Blue team sold so much in the first place.:oldrazz:

Well that and Jim Lee's artwork, plus people thinking this new X-Book would be another Action Comics #1.:whatever:

By the way, you can get the 90's X-Men #1 for under $6 dollars now.

Please, everybody knows Wolverine was the only reason the Blue team sold so much in the first place.:oldrazz:

Well that and Jim Lee's artwork, plus people thinking this new X-Book would be another Action Comics #1.:whatever:

By the way, you can get the 90's X-Men #1 for under $6 dollars now.

The fact that the Blue team also contained Cyclops, who has an extremely stable fan base, and Gambit, the second most popular X-character during the early-mid 90s, means nothing?

I think it's pretty much indisputable that Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, and Wolverine are to the X-men what the Beatles are to music; the FAB FOUR. Before them no one gave a crap about the X-men.:grin:

I think it's pretty much indisputable that Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, and Wolverine are to the X-men what the Beatles are to music; the FAB FOUR. Before them no one gave a crap about the X-men.:grin:

Look, I like Kurt and Pete, but SERIOUSLY, they're not anywhere near the fab four, lol.

More likely lower end top 10.

Canemacar said:
Please. Everyone knows the Gold team was the Reject team.

Amen.

Well, with the help of the Gold Team, who appeared in most of the issues.:hehe:
ditto. The first several issues of X-men (the highest selling ones) featured all of the X-men. Whereas UXM only relied on the Gold team to sell. I much preferred the characters on the Gold team. They were more interesting. Only Blue team members I cared for at the time were Cyclops and Psylocke

As much as all us fans knew it was a HORRIBLE idea and would only lead to trouble...

I'm loving that Mike Carey's X-Men (#10) made it on the list. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

Also...*dances*...Blue team, *****ez. BLUE.

As much as all us fans knew it was a HORRIBLE idea and would only lead to trouble...

I'm loving that Mike Carey's X-Men (#10) made it on the list. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

Carey's book grew on you with time, I take it? Kinda did with me. Still wouldn't place it anywhere near a top 10, but oh well.

I liked it from the get-go. I thought it was one of the most cracktastic teams EVAH. Doomed for drama, but that's WHY I liked it. It's very PRESENCE was foreboding of the plot to come.

Also, just to throw this out there...

NO X-TREME X-MEN ON THIS LIST?

*teh shock*

I would have included the shi'ar saga team on there where they all returned to the blue and gold uniforms. I loved that team.

uxmen275.jpg

Glad the original five got some respect too.

The fact that the Blue team also contained Cyclops, who has an extremely stable fan base, and Gambit, the second most popular X-character during the early-mid 90s, means nothing?

Uh....no. While I like Cyke, he doesn't have a fan base anywhere near big enough to cover 1/4 of 8 millions copies sold.

Also, if I remember correctly, Gambit first appeared in Uncanny X-Men 268, which means he only appeared in a dozen comics before X-Men #1 hit the stands. So more then likely, he had a smaller fan base then Cyke.

Sorry...

Gambit first appeared in 266 actually. And how come cyclops is the second most recognizable x-man if he isn't that popular?

Gambit first appeared in 266 actually.

Oh my, he had two extra issues under his belt, that gotta be at least 5 million copies right there.:whatever: (Thank you for the correction though)

And how come cyclops is the second most recognizable x-man if he isn't that popular?

Who told you that? What poll do you have from the 90's to confirm this?

Please don't tell me you're basing your information from a recent Marvel write up.
http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.2399.Take_10~colon~_Greatest_X-Men

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"