Marvel March 2007 Covers/Solicits

How can you hate Nate grey, hes the X-man?!!!:huh:

To me he was like that guest who wouldn't leave; AGE OF APOCALYPSE ended and he just seemed like a generic overpowered, oddly designed 90's character with an origin you couldn't say in one breath ("I am a clone of a clone from an alternate future reality that doesn't exist anymore, or does it? Tra la laa"). X-Man was one of those characters who made me seemingly hate ALL characters from alternate realities. They just seem like shorthand for creativity. Rather than create someone new in the now, I'll bring in Alternate Eye-Scream from a reality where Cyborg Gorillas rule the planet with demons or something.

I mean, we already had one Cable, why two?

To me he was like that guest who wouldn't leave; AGE OF APOCALYPSE ended and he just seemed like a generic overpowered, oddly designed 90's character with an origin you couldn't say in one breath ("I am a clone of a clone from an alternate future reality that doesn't exist anymore, or does it? Tra la laa"). X-Man was one of those characters who made me seemingly hate ALL characters from alternate realities. They just seem like shorthand for creativity. Rather than create someone new in the now, I'll bring in Alternate Eye-Scream from a reality where Cyborg Gorillas rule the planet with demons or something.

I mean, we already had one Cable, why two?

Okay I got ya, but what are your thoughts on the upcomeing "Wolverine: First class"? It seems rather pointless IMO. I think first class books will become a new trend in X-men comics.

Okay I got ya, but what are your thoughts on the upcomeing "Wolverine: First class"? It seems rather pointless IMO. I think first class books will become a new trend in X-men comics.

I thought the first FIRST CLASS book was serving as something between X-MEN: YEAR ONE and MARVEL ADVENTURES: X-MEN. It sells terribly in the direct market (way below the Top 100), but it is intended for other places like news-stands, shops, and other areas, so much like Johnny DC, direct sales don't matter.

So, with that in mind, seeing Wolverine First Class doesn't sound so far fetched. I agree it is pointless, though.

I thought the first FIRST CLASS book was serving as something between X-MEN: YEAR ONE and MARVEL ADVENTURES: X-MEN. It sells terribly in the direct market (way below the Top 100), but it is intended for other places like news-stands, shops, and other areas, so much like Johnny DC, direct sales don't matter.

So, with that in mind, seeing Wolverine First Class doesn't sound so far fetched. I agree it is pointless, though.

I bet you it outsells Invincible.

Wolverine: First Class will be the Wolverine title for all the kids who love Wolverine but for whom his monthly titles are inappropriate for. The X-office seems to have hollowed out its own distinctive place in the kids' comics line, apart from Marvel Adventures.

Marvel putting DiVito on it, though, suggests they envision it selling well in the direct market too.

Dread hating on X-Man just breaks my heart in so many places.

I like him so much I want him to stay dead.

I make sense.

I'm kind of glad for the First Class books, myself. I like that there are now all-ages books that are in continuity. Most of the 616 canon is so bleak and depressing at the moment that it's nice to have stuff like the First Classes, Franklin Richards, etc. to brighten the place up.
Considering Cyclops abandoned Maddie Pryor & Nate the moment Jean Grey came back for months and then didn't seem to cry too much about punting the kid into the future, I'm surprised Cable isn't somewhat irked at Scott. I mean I think there was some hooey where Scott & Jean were able to transmit their psyches through time into some robots that Cable knew to raise him, but that's fairly ridiculous, even for comics. I always hated it.

Yeah, I know all that (X-Man was a stupid character, too). But it is like seeing John Matrix from COMMANDO suddenly want to become the messiah. Because, let's face it, that is what Cable started as.
What a character starts as doesn't need to be what they end up as. If that were the case, Deadpool would still be a useless cliché instead of the hilarious satire of '90s excess that Joe Kelly made him. Lots of other good characters would be pretty pathetic, too.

Not liking this new Hulk which more and more is probably not going to be Banner.

That Ultimate Spidey cover leads me to believe that the X-Men are back together :up:

hulk003.jpg

That grey thing is Abomination, eh?

Maybe the Abomination is no longer Blonsky like the Hulk is no longer Banner.

Anyway, good stuff with the solicitations. They added the baby into the Cable cover, which makes me think that we will indeed be seeing some Lone Cable and Cub action, which is an awesome concept for him. :up:

Thor's solicit is kind of sparse on info. What I got from it is that maybe Thor's delegation of restoring Asgardians to Heimdall has yielded rather speedy results, since it sounds like all the good parts of the Asgardian civilization have returned by that issue. Thor's mentioned as "ruling over" Asgard, which makes me think Odin still ain't coming back, which is good. Curious about what sort of trouble Oklahoma could be giving Thor.

If someone other than Paul Jenkins were writing that Cap: Mythos comic, I'd probably read it. Alas...

I will, however, be reading my first Fairy Tales mini with Avengers: Fairy Tales. I like the Peter Pan concept, I like Cebulski, and the solicit says Thor is involved, so I'll give it a try.

The next issue of Marvel Atlas isn't out until March? That kind of sucks. I was looking forward to seeing the rest of Marvel's world sooner. But I'm sure the months will pass quickly.

Is there some intrinsic part of being Director of SHIELD that makes everyone who does it into Public Enemy #1 at some point? :confused: Iron Man still sounds pretty good, though. I'll probably pick it up at some point.

Cheung's cover for MCP looks good. That's a really odd assortment of characters.

I'm all over that Secret Invasion Saga one-shot since 1) I've been wondering how the invasion of Earth ties into the Skrulls' near-extinction in Annihilation, and 2) it's free. Can't beat that price.

I'm worried about New Warriors. It honestly sounds like not much will have changed between that issue and where we are now. The series is pretty good, but it needs to do 2 things: 1) pick up the pace, and 2) get a wider variety of characters than just ex-mutants. There are loads of other characters out there, and NW has never been a X-centric series, so I'd hate to see it become one under Grevioux. The prospect of taking on Initiative washouts is an immediately compelling concept too, so it's not like Grevioux is withholding other characters for lack of good story material.

Colossus, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler are a fun trio. That arc should be good, although I'm still getting the feeling that the X-Men are scattered and doing their own thing after MC.

New Exiles sounds terrible already. Poor Grummett. :(

Heh, the cover to Logan looks great. I love Risso.

Kick-Ass' self-assuredness is sickeningly annoying. I was going to pass on it already; standard practice for a ****ty looking comic written by Millar, no big thing. But I'm actually looking forward to not reading it now.

I own all the issues of Thor's current relaunch and I bought the reprint of #1-3 to tide me over until #4 a few weeks ago... but I know I'm still going to end up buying that hardcover of the first arc. It's just too damn pretty. :(

Onslaught and Stryfe in Ultimate Xmen? This book gets worse and worse every month.

Anyway, good stuff with the solicitations. They added the baby into the Cable cover, which makes me think that we will indeed be seeing some Lone Cable and Cub action, which is an awesome concept for him. :up:

I didn't even look at the full image until just now. I agree the premise is a good one for Cable, but it kind of kills MC, doesn't it? I mean, no matter what we know that Cable gets away with the kid.

MIGHTAVN002.jpg
anncon005.jpg

It really is hard to tell the difference.

I'm really not liking these Amazing Spider-Man solicits. I'll give it a try for about a month, but these stories look like they really really really might suck. Dammit...it was hard enough dropping Ultimate Spider-Man.

WHY JOE?!?!? WHYYYYYYYYY???????

I didn't even look at the full image until just now. I agree the premise is a good one for Cable, but it kind of kills MC, doesn't it? I mean, no matter what we know that Cable gets away with the kid.
Doesn't bother me.

Why is Bendis doing yet another storyline on Echo? She's a horrible character.

If someone other than Paul Jenkins were writing that Cap: Mythos comic, I'd probably read it. Alas...

But Paul Jenkins is a good writer when he's not shoehorning his political ideals into his comics.:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Cap's a fairly political figure. Plus, aren't the Mythos comics re-imaginings of characters' origins? Cap's origin is fine as it is to me. Most characters' origins are, in fact. Changing origins every five minutes is DC's bag, not Marvel's. :o

Cap's a fairly political figure. Plus, aren't the Mythos comics re-imaginings of characters' origins? Cap's origin is fine as it is to me. Most characters' origins are, in fact. Changing origins every five minutes is DC's bag, not Marvel's. :o

Updated origins, not re-imaginings. And they're out of continuity anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"