Marvel December 2006 Solicitations.

Out of all the CW stuff,that Winter Soldier one-shot sounds great.

$3.99 is a lot of money for comics being produced to appease the fans for the huge delay.

woot.jpg

all looks pretty good to me, especially looking forward to moon knight, cap and spector man! :D

**** yes. The solicts look awesome and i can't wait for the full solicts tomorrow. And it seems The Illumati mght have to choose sides.

NEWAVNIL001_cov_col.jpg

Now Namor as a New Avenger would be awesome. We haven't seen much of him to be honest. I think he will cause it's said he's not fond of The Superhero Reg Act. Not to mention his cousin Namorita was killed.

Damn. I was planning to avoid these late additions, but several of these look like definite purchases for me:

Winter Soldier: Winter Kills - written by Ed Brubaker, starring the Winter Soldier; as a devotee of Captain America v.5, this is probably worth my while. Bonus: Young Avengers!

Iron Man/Captain America - Cap and Iron Man actually trying to hash things out is a worthwhile addition.

New Avengers: Illuminati - it's got a roster of my favourites, and art by Jim Cheung.

^ I think The Illumati show up on New Avengers and it's the issue where they decide which side they're on.

I bet Tony's going to take the Kingpin up on his offer. What a sell-out. Anyway, all the Civil War one-shots look good.

Namor said:
^ I think The Illumati show up on New Avengers and it's the issue where they decide which side they're on.

no, it's a five issue mini exploring the origins of the illuminati

The more I think about it, the Young Avengers meeting Bucky would be like a group of underage drinkers having a run-in with a lifelong alcoholic. Just say no to teenage superheroics.

hippy fascist said:
no, it's a five issue mini exploring the origins of the illuminati

.....I guess i read wrong. I saw New Avengers, but didn't notice the mini numbers. So it seems they're going to explore what exactly the Illuminati have done. That's cool, considering we haven't seen much of the team.

Well, its good that they finally have a for sure confirmation with that Spider-Man: Reign cover. Maybe now the Spider-Man fans can be at ease when it comes to MJ's death. It's out of continuity, fellas!! :wow:

And looking forward to War Journal and Moon Knight, that should be awesome.

Yes, War Journal is going to kick ass. :up:

CaptainCanada said:
The more I think about it, the Young Avengers meeting Bucky would be like a group of underage drinkers having a run-in with a lifelong alcoholic. Just say no to teenage superheroics.
Well, we can tell what side YOU'RE on. :oldrazz:

Damn, that Moon Knight cover is all kinds of awesome. Same goes for Nextwave.

MOON KNIGHT #8 by December. Really? When every issue so far aside for maybe the first has been about 3 weeks late? #6 has been rescheduled for Oct. 4th. That means in 2 months it's going to magically become monthly when it hasn't been for most of it's existance? My god, I think fans would understand if Marvel just called this a bimonthly, but for god's sakes, Marvel, for once in your publishing history, look at the shipping pattern of a book and plan realistically, not optimistically.

Same thought with NEW AVENGERS: ILLUMINATI. Yeah, it looks cool and Cheung's art will rock. But this guy was barely able to pull off 2 issues at a monthly rate on YA, let alone 5. And not only is he pencilling this, but presumably YA vol. 2, set to start in "early '07", which means that Cheung will have two monthly titles to draw interiors and pencils for. He can't even handle 1 monthly. Why are you giving him a workload he can't possibly handle? I'd believe Marvel gave one percentage of a ***** about shipping schedules if they didn't seem to be "arrogantly ignorant" about what causes them in the first place. Y'know, like complaining about Slott being late yet giving him more work than he can handle (or allowing him to take more than he can handle). This is the same deal. Cheung can barely handle one book monthly. Don't give him two at once and expect them to be timely. And the don't collectively shrug your shoulders when the fans get irked. I'm getting tired of this crap.

It's been a bad day.

Dread said:
MOON KNIGHT #8 by December. Really? When every issue so far aside for maybe the first has been about 3 weeks late? #6 has been rescheduled for Oct. 4th. That means in 2 months it's going to magically become monthly when it hasn't been for most of it's existance? My god, I think fans would understand if Marvel just called this a bimonthly, but for god's sakes, Marvel, for once in your publishing history, look at the shipping pattern of a book and plan realistically, not optimistically.

#5 comes out this week.

#6 for Oct.4

#7 Presumably by November 8th

#8 By December 6.

Giving a 3 week late delay for each issue after #6

#7 November-29th

#8 December 27th.

Darthphere said:
#5 comes out this week.

#6 for Oct.4

#7 Presumably by November 8th

#8 By December 6.

Giving a 3 week late delay for each issue after #6

#7 November-29th

#8 December 27th.
Well, you "pwned" me nicely. :p

I still don't believe in when a large company says a book will ship until I see it on the racks. Been trained that way.

Well I cheated a bit, its really a 2 week delay with the comic coming out on the 3rd week. :oldrazz:

I'll be buying Illuminati because Black Bolt is great.

yenaled said:
I'll be buying Illuminati because Black Bolt is great.
I never said I wouldn't buy it. It just seems silly to put Jim Cheung in the position of having to pencil 2 monthly books at the same time (as YA and that should overlap unless one gets pushed back) when he couldn't handle one monthly on-time for more than two issues. But Marvel seems to issue work to creators and develop initial shipping schedules based on extreme optimism, the kind that causes children to believe that Keebler cookies really ARE made by elves who live in trees. Then reality kicks in and they have to play catch up, and they look more inept.

SpideyInATree said:
Well, its good that they finally have a for sure confirmation with that Spider-Man: Reign cover. Maybe now the Spider-Man fans can be at ease when it comes to MJ's death. It's out of continuity, fellas!! :wow:
Ill probably buy that. But then, I gotta decide between the two covers, both of which are awesome.:o

Nextwave's cover looks great. I love the wrapping paper:D

Out of all the new Civil War tie-ins, Ill probably only buy Winter Soldier. The War Crimes thing sounded interesting when i first heard about it, but I dont know about Frank Tieri, and since Brubaker isnt writing it, it probably wont have any affect on the Kingpin's status. So no biggie.

I'd be more excited about the Illuminati if it wasn't a book which relies completely on retcons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"