March Solicitations

SPIDER-MAN: BIRTH OF VENOM TPB
Written by JIM SHOOTER, TOM DEFALCO, JOHN BYRNE, LOUISE SIMONSON & DAVID MICHELINIE
Penciled by MIKE ZECK, RON FRENZ, RICK LEONARDI, JOHN BYRNE, GREG LAROCQUE & TODD MCFARLANE
Cover by TODD MCFARLANE
The Beyonder's Battleworld might seem a strange place to get new threads, but it's Spider-Man who becomes unraveled when his shape-changing costume attempts to darken his life as well as his fashion sense! But ridding himself of his riotous raiment proves an even greater mistake when its alien enmity bonds with mortal madness to form our hero's most dedicated decimator! Plus: the first appearances of Puma and the Rose! Mary Jane Watson's startling secret! And the debut of the battling...Bag-Man!? Guest-starring the Black Cat, the Fantastic Four and more! Collecting SECRET WARS #8; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #252-259, #298-300 and #315-317; FANTASTIC FOUR #274; and WEB OF SPIDER-MAN #1; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #10.
344 PGS./Rated A …$29.99
ISBN: 0-7851-2498-5

Okay... this is totally mine!

deathshead2[/quote said:
I said it once and im going to say it agian. Joe Q doesn't want to kill Mj or have Peter divorce her. Yet he still wants peter to see other people. So why not put MJ in a coma and have Peter cheat on her. Sounds like something Joe Q would do.

And if that happens--especially if he ends up cheating on MJ with the Black Cat--then you're going to see as big a s***storm and dropping of the titles like what happened with [blackout]Sins Past[/blackout].

Dread said:
On this subject Joe Q typically sounds like someone who wants to have his cake and eat it too, just can't figure out how. He doesn't want to divorce MJ, because "divorce" just seems like a horribly unrealistic and unreasonable thing in a universe full of clones, resurrections, retcons, aliens, cyborgs, gods, demons, and unrippable pants. Yet he supposedly doesn't want her dead, at least not before the movie franchise kills her character off first; Marvel too slavishly follows the trends of their movies to risk offing her before a movie does (look at the Black Costume/Sandman with Ben aping; why not revive Harry Osborn and design him as "Male Elektra on a Rocket Racer board" while you're at it, guys. You know you can't help yourselves). So he's stuck in a real bind here. He'll eventually pick a choice, and it will probably be the wrong one because his Marvel always shoots to be loud, explosive, and to write itself into corners.

There is also the third option Dread: the mindwipe of Spidey's secret identity courtesy of Loki a la the Specter in the Flash (EDIT: Heck, it's been rumored that Loki is the one manipulating events in Civil War behind the scenes under the guise of Miriam Sharpe so why not be deus ex machina for both?). Granted, the events of Civil War and the unmasking wouldn't be erased, but rather everyone's knowledge that Spider-Man and Peter Parker are one and the same. As a consequence, Mary Jane not only no longer remembers, but she--and everyone else--no longer remembers she and Peter were ever married. In this way, Joe Q CAN have his cake and eat it too. And yes, no one will be happy with this solution either--especially those who have liked the Unmasking storyline and wanted it to be the new status quo (And come on guys; when you have Spidey's spider-sense--one of his most signature powers--acting on the fritz because his public unmasking has allowed everything to become a potential threat, you know THAT'S not going to last.) You would think that the clone saga would have taught them a lesson about shooting themselves in the foot. Then again, Marvel has been shooting themselves in the foot so much lately they've blown the whole leg off.

Dread said:
Speaking of which, isn't it great that this "A-List Avengers villian" didn't choose to attack earlier, when, say, the chaotic New Avengers were about, and conviently waits when a more formidable, team-experienced Might Avengers is ready and waiting? I mean, that's almost as great as the Empire creating a Death Star that has a "HIT ME HERE" instant destruction mark. I mean, maybe half of a decent Masters of Evil could probably have picked apart the New Avengers. Fortunately, a lot of their villians were spread out (Kang, Mr. Hyde, on YOUNG AVENGERS, Ultron on RUNAWAYS, Loki's dead, Red Skull in CAPTAIN AMERICA, Baron Zemo and pretty much every decent Avenger villian known to creation in THUNDERBOLTS, etc).

Heh so true.

Daredevil & Astonishing are probably the ones I'm anticipating most out of all of those. One or two other titles might spark my interest when March gets closer.

Dread said:
Making Jack O'Lantern mystical for a GHOST RIDER issue? How cool that no one will know that the out-of-continuity mini SUPERNATURALS did that years ago. But I guess it's a rather basic idea, I mean look at Sleepy Hollow and the former Jack O'Lantern, Jason Macendale, becoming a demon himself during his Hobgoblin days.

I don't think it's a bad idea personally......I'm assuming one of the 666 parts of Satan that scattered across the country when he jumped out of hell embodied Jack OLantern after Punisher put a bullet in his head...if nothing else it's nice to see continuity across titles.

(Retconning Memphisto with Satan on the other hand....badddd!!! idea!!)

Dread said:
Marcdachamp is reading MARY JANE? Cool, now iloveclones & Phaedrus45 will have someone else to back them when they try to get men to read that book. :p And that Firestar cover is still adorable.
Hey, I'm "Byrne-Stealing" it!

Besides, Dread, it's really not bad. It helps take up some time when you have 3 hours to kill at school.

Dread said:
And naturally PUNISHER: WAR JOURNAL is looking good. Considering I'm not a Punny fan, that's been a surprise launch to come out of CW, at least judging by it's debut issue.

Word. The first issue was a great debut issue, and it seems after the Civil War tie-in, we'll get a lot more good stories. Atleast, judging by the solcit for issue five. :up:

GNR4Life said:
Punisher is looking great,good to see compact stories and Ariel still onboard.

Yeah it's lookin good. I like Ariel as the artist and like I said the solict for issue five is great. Glad we're going to see Bushwacker. :unishr:

GNR4life said:
Iron Fist and Cap are looking good,very curious as to which Iron Fist that is on the cover and why Cap isn't on the cover of his book.

Steel Serpent.

I want Silent War.

I am scared for Ant-Man's future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"