Marvel December 2006 Solicitations.

Namor said:
Anyone buying Marvel 1602: Fantastic Four? I haven't paid much attention to it and i've only got the first issue. But i am a big F4 fan so i'll start getting the ones i'm missing. For issue 4, however, The King of Atlantis Namor guest stars!

1602FF004_COV.jpg

worth it for the cover alone :word:

LOL, but they did change a few things. I say it's worth giving a chance, for sure i'll read it. :up:

Namor said:
LOL, but they did change a few things. I say it's worth giving a chance, for sure i'll read it. :up:

he does kinda look like legolas's cousin but still looks damn cool :word:

Reminds me of Drizzt Do'urden, only with natural skin and black hair. Not black skin and white hair.

hippy fascist said:
he does kinda look like legolas's cousin but still looks damn cool.

Yeah i like the whole warrior from the sea look. Not that i have a problem with the way Namor looks in 616. Both look awesome.

Namor said:
Yeah i like the whole warrior from the sea look. Not that i have a problem with the way Namor looks in 616. Both look awesome.

it's just nice to see him with long hair, it's a good look :up:

For sure it differs from his other look. I agree, it's definetly awesome.

ANNIHILATION really does look "epic", that's a great cover. As for the spoiler, to be frank, while it is annoying that Marvel insists on putting heavy spoilers in their solicitations months in advance, I honestly wondered how long he'd stay the way he was. It seemed pointless to truck out his corpse in the second issue if something didn't happen with it. But, that spoiler wasn't in the cover itself so it was just tacky to heap it on this soon. Some people like spoilers like this but I don't. I mean, what if I told you who won the title match in WRESTLEMANIA and even gave a few hints as to how before you watched it. Would you still bother? Would it still have the same effect? I don't watch wrestlin' but I figured the metaphor fit.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN also looks great as CLONE SAGA goes along. I naturally expect Spider-Woman to be unbeatable. I have yet to see Bendis write any female costumed character in USM who wasn't an invincible machine that could only lose when fighting another costumed female.

I hope ULTIMATE FF improves because the first issue of Carey/Ferry was lost in a lot of alien jargon. It's great to see them exploring space but it has to be done in a way that doesn't just look pretty, but is readable.

Glad to see IRON FIST lost the dancing slippers, although the spikey collar remains. Weird. I'd have sleeked it up.

RUNAWAYS keeps on truckin' as BKV and Alphona finish up their run.

ULTIMATES 2 #13 in December? As in 3 months from now? Really? How pathetic. Marvel wanted Ultimates 3 to be starting by now and then all of a sudden they've quietly let the book slide into oblivion in terms of schedule and we won't see the other volume until next year. Some would say, "Do you want it done timely or well?" and I would say, "If a company like Marvel that shares over 70% of the market share with DC is forcing us to make such a choice, they don't deserve to be #1, because a #1 company would find a way to do both, period, end of discussion". A series loses interest the later it is, at least to me.

BEYOND! as usual looks hot, even if it's sales are slipping fast (#2 in August slipped maybe 20 spots from the first in July). More people need to be reading this.

Some good previews.

Damn, December sounds like it's going to be a KILLER month for Marvel. Ultimate Spider-Man looks and sounds like it's going to be fantasmic. And Daredevil should be great as we'll finally find out who was behind everything. And I'm going to HAVE to get that Winter Soldier one shot simply because Brubaker has made Winter Soldier one bad ass mofo.

I don't want December to come because it gets cold and snowy, but if it means getting all these kick ass books then bring on the winter, beotches. :oldrazz:

Iron Fist,Punisher WJ,Hulk,and DD all look good.Not particularly wowed by anything else really.Ultimates 2 #13 has been talked about alot over at Millarworld and sounds great from what has been hinted at.

Any else guessing the guest artist on Planet Hulk to be Hitch?

I just guessed so because Millar and Hitch are doing a secret fill-in on an issue.

Namor said:
Anyone buying Marvel 1602: Fantastic Four? I haven't paid much attention to it and i've only got the first issue. But i am a big F4 fan so i'll start getting the ones i'm missing. For issue 4, however, The King of Atlantis Namor guest stars!

1602FF004_COV.jpg
I'm waiting on the trade. No one's reviewed it ANYWHERE, and the last mini, apparently, sucked. This is PAD, so I have faith that it will be good, but I'd rather have a nice trade to go next to 1602.

I was surprised to find that that issue of Sensational actually sounds interesting. I'd given up all hope of Aguirre-Sacasa doing anything worthwhile, but I think I may check that issue out and see if he's improved at all since the horror that was 4.

On a somewhat ambivalent note, it looks like the Black Knight is going to be sticking around in New Excalibur after the current arc, which focuses on him and his ancestor Sir Percy, is over. It's good because I can finally read something with Dane in it again on a monthly basis but, on the other hand, it's written by Frank Tieri.

Anyway, things I'm looking forward to:
- More Exiles stuff that's not written by Claremont.
- Annihilation, which easily continues to kick the asses of all other Marvel events for the last five years or so simultaneously.
- Dr. Strange with Vaughan and (especially) Marcos Martin.
- Avengers Next--the characters of which I always thought were much more interesting than Spider-Girl. I always wished A-Next were the title that continued.
- Corben on Ghost Rider.
- Awesome Andy love in She-Hulk.
- X-Factor, which is the unsung hero of the otherwise lackluster X-titles.
- Hellstorm, which sounds like it might be the first magic/horror-based Marvel series to actually work in, like, forever. God knows Witches sure as hell didn't.
- Criminal, mostly for Sean Phillips' art. Brubaker's story for it sounds interesting too, don't get me wrong, but I haven't seen Phillips on anything since Wildcats vol. 2.

Things I am profoundly not looking forward to:
- Onslaught Reborn, for reasons that should be obvious (not least of which is the return of that ugly-ass Thor pretender on the cover).
- newuniversal, which strikes me as a sickeningly ego-stroking vanity project for Ellis.
- Nextwave, which continues to be staggeringly unfunny (except for the "Millar licks goats" sign, which even I chuckled at).

Whats your avy from Corp?

Jeez I'm always asking you that.:(

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, a truly horrible movie that made for one of the greatest MST3K episodes ever. The polar bear suit that's in my avatar was so bad that when it first appeared, the robots were so dumbfounded that all they could say was, "Oh, come on!" :D

Rofl the suit looks awesome.:up:

Nextwave cover has one of the best Civil War covers to date. I guess the series is officially in continuity. Bches better recognize.

toya thegr8 said:
Nextwave cover has one of the best Civil War covers to date. I guess the series is officially in continuity. Bches better recognize.

I still think its not. It does w/e it wants. Its still "Not Part of A Marvel Comics Event.";)

toya thegr8 said:
Recognize that it blows? :oldrazz:

TheCorpulent1 said:
Recognize that it blows? :oldrazz:

NEVER-BAD-MOUTH-NEXT-WAVE-AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cmad: :mad:

nun.jpg

I'm looking forward to Dr. Strange: The Oath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"