Marvel December 2006 Solicitations.

Dread said:
I never said I wouldn't buy it. It just seems silly to put Jim Cheung in the position of having to pencil 2 monthly books at the same time (as YA and that should overlap unless one gets pushed back) when he couldn't handle one monthly on-time for more than two issues. But Marvel seems to issue work to creators and develop initial shipping schedules based on extreme optimism, the kind that causes children to believe that Keebler cookies really ARE made by elves who live in trees. Then reality kicks in and they have to play catch up, and they look more inept.

To be honest it isn't just a problem with Marvel. DC are doing the same thing right now - spreading talent thin and giving artists gigs when they are just going to disapoint (or like in some cases - I can think of Aquaman but there are more - giving people jobs and not enough time to do it leading to delays).

I'm not sure if in some cases it might be a lack of talent in the top companies at the moment. I'm sure there are more writers/artists about but DC and Marvel seem to be a little thin on the ground on the people who they seem to be hiring.

yenaled said:
To be honest it isn't just a problem with Marvel. DC are doing the same thing right now - spreading talent thin and giving artists gigs when they are just going to disapoint (or like in some cases - I can think of Aquaman but there are more - giving people jobs and not enough time to do it leading to delays).

I'm not sure if in some cases it might be a lack of talent in the top companies at the moment. I'm sure there are more writers/artists about but DC and Marvel seem to be a little thin on the ground on the people who they seem to be hiring.

Ultimately though it comes down to work ethic, If I don't get all my work done nine to five it eats into my social time because WORK HAS TO COME FIRST! If you can't get it done don't take it on and if you still wanna take it on you have to make some sacrifices. Look at bags, he did two issues of USM a month, drawn from scratch ( not like certain hakcs *cough* land *cough*) If he can do that why can't some artist keep up with a single book a month? Some books like moonknight/civil war are more complicated to draw but as tricky as doing two books :down: can't see it somehow

The retcon seems to be the catalyst of many titles today. Just look at DC.

Darthphere said:
The X-Factor cover is great.

Yeah, looks like M and Siryn found out what happened with them and Madrox in the last issue.

The solicit for Annihilation #5 all but confirms
Super Skrull is alive.

This is a great cover:

UNIONJ004_cov.jpg

Darthphere said:
The solicit for Annihilation #5 all but confirms
Super Skrull is alive.

The cover is drop dead gorgeous. :wow:

BEYOND! #6 (OF 6)
Written by DWAYNE MCDUFFIE
Pencils & Cover by SCOTT KOLINS
The Conclusion! In the aftermath of last issue's shocking events, the winner of the game claims a reward from the cosmic entity behind it all, starting a tragic chain of events that will forever alter the Marvel Universe

God damnit. Every ****inhg thing with it's EVENTS THAT WILL FOREVER ALTER OR CHANGE THE MU. :Down

TI_IRONFIST_002.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Darthphere said:

I like how it says in the solicit "With the war lost[spoiler 1] Drax and a very very very something or other super-skrull[spoiler2] go blah blah blah".

Darthphere said:

DAYUM!!! It was evident that Drax had gotten smaller but....DAMN!.....Thanos has gone all New God on us!:wow: :eek:

Well, Drax was pretty much always a bit over human size, and thanos was bigger :(

And speaking about size...

ONSLAUGHT002_cov.jpg

That's a REALLY big banana hammock Rob gave Thor!!!:wow::o

Anyone buying Marvel 1602: Fantastic Four? I haven't paid much attention to it and i've only got the first issue. But i am a big F4 fan so i'll start getting the ones i'm missing. For issue 4, however, The King of Atlantis Namor guest stars!

1602FF004_COV.jpg

Damn. Jim Califiore's got three books in Dec where he did Covers and Interiors.....Busy Guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"