Marvel One-Shots

Guys guys!

What about a one-shot that explains what Hawkeye was doing during TWS? But not a mission, but something similar to Fraction's Hawkeye, like him dealing with his personal life...

Yah I agree, I think the Marvel One-Shot is a custom made medium for a character like Howard the Duck! Bring on Seth Green!

Yeah, if Lou D'Esposito is busy... no one shot.

I'd love to see
- Budapest
- Hawkeye life
- Loki doing his thing
- Warriors 3 Hanging Out/Something mundane like chasing a cat
- Tigra's origin as a one shot!

Yeah, the answer is we don't technically no. I still really want a Warriors Three one. I'm still hopeful for one some day.

I was hoping for a one shot on cap 2 and AoS season 1. Hopefully we will get one with guardians featuring The Falcon getting a new pair of wings.

Isn't there some kind of new feature on the AoS BDs? Or am I misremembering?

Yeah, the answer is we don't technically no. I still really want a Warriors Three one. I'm still hopeful for one some day.

I really hope warriors three is the next one shot. Honestly I could watch an entire movie of The warriors three.

A sif and the warriors three one shot would be awesome.

Four words.

Squirrel Girl sex comedy!

^ Second time this week I've made a joke that's creeped myself out. :)

I think I look forward to the one-shots as much as I do the films. I really hope there is one on GotG.

I'm sure budget would be the biggest obstacle to doing this but...

I would like to see Marvel expand the idea of one-shots into a bunch of short films that shows some of the minor characters doing something and package those into one feature length film.

An example would be showing what Rhodey was doing during the Chitauri invasion (on film, not just a comic no one reads) and showing Sif and the Warriors Three adventuring in some realm. Instead of bogging down a solo title film with an origin story they could include the origins in one of these short film features. These stories need not have anything to do with one another but be interesting enough and when combined be long enough to cover an appropriate length for a feature film.

There are plenty of characters in the Marvel universe that have very interesting stories and skill sets or powers but they simply can't carry their own films, so they are paired with a solo title or ignored completely. Hawkeye has been a glaring omission from phase 2 because he can't carry his own film and did not fit into anyone else's story. Why couldn't we see him with a strike team during the Hydra takeover? Maybe his team turns on him and he has to fight them in his unique way? That story can't cover 2 hours but it could certainly cover 45 minutes.

As the Marvel universe expands there will be a ton of characters introduced that will be left on the sidelines but that does not mean they are in stasis, they are doing something. Can we see that?

These short films do not have to be deep or have some big universe altering plot, they just need to be entertaining and show some of our favorite minor characters doing their thing.

I'm sure budget would be the biggest obstacle to doing this but...

I would like to see Marvel expand the idea of one-shots into a bunch of short films that shows some of the minor characters doing something and package those into one feature length film.

An example would be showing what Rhodey was doing during the Chitauri invasion (on film, not just a comic no one reads) and showing Sif and the Warriors Three adventuring in some realm. Instead of bogging down a solo title film with an origin story they could include the origins in one of these short film features. These stories need not have anything to do with one another but be interesting enough and when combined be long enough to cover an appropriate length for a feature film.

There are plenty of characters in the Marvel universe that have very interesting stories and skill sets or powers but they simply can't carry their own films, so they are paired with a solo title or ignored completely. Hawkeye has been a glaring omission from phase 2 because he can't carry his own film and did not fit into anyone else's story. Why couldn't we see him with a strike team during the Hydra takeover? Maybe his team turns on him and he has to fight them in his unique way? That story can't cover 2 hours but it could certainly cover 45 minutes.

As the Marvel universe expands there will be a ton of characters introduced that will be left on the sidelines but that does not mean they are in stasis, they are doing something. Can we see that?

These short films do not have to be deep or have some big universe altering plot, they just need to be entertaining and show some of our favorite minor characters doing their thing.

Not only is this whole idea really cool (like a Marvel Variety Hour), your Hawkeye pitch is incredible. Well done, sir. Well done.

I think one on Knowhere with Cosmo becoming Security Chief would fit.

Could set up some more cosmic stuff, particularly alien races. Clarify some stuff with The Collector as well.

The Russo Bros. were just the other day talking about how Renner was meant to be in TWS but couldn't do it because of scheduling conflicts.

That was a simple example of what could be shown. Maybe they could show Widow doing a spy mission like when she was introduced in Avengers or Howling Commandos stuff during WW2 or some cosmic stuff with the Kree and Mar-vell or someone. These are not suggestions of what Marvel should do but rather what they could do.

I think this stuff would really only appeal to the hardcore fans of the MCU but it's fun to dream.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"