Marvel Should Reboot the Fantastic Four within an Avegers Movie

MucasMan

Civilian
Reaction score
There's should be a Fantastic Four reboot within an Avengers movie.
Think of it
A serious Reed Richard debates the carefree Tony Stark over how to scientifically solve a conflict (and solve thier own personality conflict). The Hulk meets The Thing (and steps on his foot, whatever) and it's "Hulk Smash" vs "It's Clobberin' Time". Eventually, the two teams join forces to tackle a great foe(s)
If Marvel gets FF back, this would give them a leg up from "the hole" the FF movies got stuck in.

Currently, Marvel does not possess the film rights to Fantastic Four.

Even if Marvel has the film rights, I would want to see a Fantastic Four reboot film first before they make an appearance in the Avengers movie.

Right, if Marvel gets FF back
Well, if they get the rights back, then I think it's a given they'll reboot the franchise. But I wouldn't jump right into an Avengers film.

Unless they seriously upgrade Thing, I don't see movie Hulk and movie Thing being much of a fight.

Even if MS got the film rights to FF back, FF and Avengers are two separate franchises and deserve to remain that way. It would be a very cheap shot to the Fantastic Four to have them rebooted within someone else's film, even the Avengers'.

Doing the full blown origin of four characters is way beyond what you could do in an Avengers movie. Give them their own movie, just include the setting references.

Unless they seriously upgrade Thing, I don't see movie Hulk and movie Thing being much of a fight.

Maybe the Thing saomehow gets a superdose of cosmic rays and grows at least 3x stonger. If that happened, along with his superior fighting skills, it would make for one epic battle.

Doing the full blown origin of four characters is way beyond what you could do in an Avengers movie. Give them their own movie, just include the setting references.
When I mean reboot, I mean with new actors, and a different style. The avenger can call upon an already honed FF for help against, say, Thanos, who the FF have battled before, and is the being at the "after the credits" tease of MTA.

The Avengers already has so many characters to juggle.

What do the Fantastic Four bring to the table anyway? The Avengers has no lack of geniuses, with Tony, Bruce, and possibly Pym. They already have a hulk.

Point is, they don't add enough to warrant their inclusion, at least not as major characters. At best, maybe a cameo.

Maybe they'll mention the FF in the sequel and not feature them? Could happen.

Though unlikely, FOX might be willing to “rehabilitate” the FF in an Avengers sequel under a right sharing arrangement. With recent super hero reboots doing worse or equal to their predecessors (First Class, The Incredible Hulk, Spirit of Vengeance), it would make sense for FOX to reintroduce the FF in a mega worldwide blockbuster.

I would find a FF vs. Avengers matchup to be much more compelling than a tilt against the Masters of Evil. And think of the individual matchups – (CGI) Thing vs. the Hulk! The Human Torch vs. Iron Man! The Invisible Woman vs. Thor! Mr. Fantastic vs. Cap! Or go with an expanded FF roster (Surfer vs. Thor! Panther vs. Cap!).

One idea is to have the Avengers reassemble to bring the FF to justice after a (staged) attack on the Helicarrier . According to Fury, the team got away with the Ultimate Nullifer, a SHIELD creation designed to take on cosmic threats. But this was a ruse – Fury’s goal is to nullify Franklin, whose god-like mind the SHIELD director believes is the biggest threat to the planet. With their powerhouses in SHIELD custody, Cap’s quirky quartet (Widow, Hawkeye, Panther & Cap) need to keep Franklin out of SHIELD’s hands while waiting for their teammates and new allies to work together and free themselves (Is Thanos involved? Probably).

I think Reed should cameo somewhere. If the rights revert back by 2012-14 (I think they will) I would cameo him in Ant-Man or the next Hulk movie. Just 5-10 minutes, like a Stark scene in Hulk. Not sure if he would have his powers or not.

As far as the actual movie, I wouldn't redo the origin completely, but I would have the FF deal with the aftermath of their powers, immediately after the incident. Keep it a top secret SHIELD cover up that gets loose after some reporter blows the lid on the story (someone that Johhny Storm has a fling with). I am not sure about the villains. Have the team return to space to figure out their roots, maybe encounter the Inhumans

Although a lot of that stuff is formulaic and retreads the past films you have to lay important ground work. I think audiences are sort of tiring of the whole origin concept coupled with saving a city in peril so you can't do an hour of the origin and end with a cliche finale. Have the team go into space and work on cutting edge discoveries in the Marvel universe.

As a franchise I would go:

1) Inhumans, Kree/Skrull setup
2) Namor
3) Galactus
4) Doom

Doom can be a reoccuring character but I would not use him as the main villain until the 3rd or 4th film. The threats and scope of each film needs to be huge, think Indiana Jones in the Marvel Space Age. Don't use minor, terrestrial threats, even as henchmen, for a cinematic renditions of the Fantastic Four.

Last edited:
Sigh, I know its been said before, but there will be *no* "sharing agreements." There is no way Marvel would agree to them, because it would put their ability to release a movie into the hands of another, independent studio, who would have every incentive to attempt last minute legal blackmail. And all for the privilege of including characters that probably wouldn't increase the gross at all, let alone enough to pay off the other studio. Its a losing game for Marvel, so really, why do people keep suggesting it? Without even suggesting a way it would be in both studios' interests?

Sigh, I know its been said before, but there will be *no* "sharing agreements." There is no way Marvel would agree to them, because it would put their ability to release a movie into the hands of another, independent studio, who would have every incentive to attempt last minute legal blackmail. And all for the privilege of including characters that probably wouldn't increase the gross at all, let alone enough to pay off the other studio. Its a losing game for Marvel, so really, why do people keep suggesting it? Without even suggesting a way it would be in both studios' interests?
You're talking about Marvel sharing out Marvel Film Superheroes to other companies, but we are talking about Marvel buying back the FF from Fox.
Fox had their run, and the two movies didn't do well. We need an FF reboot and a fresh start of Doom.

Oh, if Marvel had the full rights, that would be fine. Its just, realistically, they aren't going to spend significant money to buy them back, either. Not when they have plenty on their plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"