• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

She-Hulk Marvel Studios' She-Hulk General Discussion Thread

He can **** right off with that.

This was the video:

As I said, he's worked a for a VFX studio and knows how the business side works. I did not know how the bidding side of it works and this really sounds an issue some studios create themselves throughout the industry by subcontracting stuff for smaller studios for the last decade.

Last edited:
I'm not watching a man who is scared of covering Acolyte because he can't handle nonbinary pronouns.

And anyway, how is the bidding anything to do with Marvel and directors having unreasonable demands.

Based on what I have read about Mallory Book:

- She's a rival at the law firm to Jennifer and will stop at nothing to end her law career. I wonder if that will be played up in the series, or if they will be friends from the start.

This show looks like it’ll be a blast. Loving everything about. Not that I ever doubted it, but Tatiana is going to kill it. And humour seems good too which is terrific. CGI is the only thing that I’m still iffy on though it did bother me a little less in this trailer. Also, that last shot :woo:.
I remember someone saying that they didn’t think she had the comedy chops to pull this off. My jaw hit the floor so hard that I almost broke my big toe. Lol. I assume everyone has seen orphan black and her portrayal of, among others, the sweet little housewife Alison. :funny:

I'm not watching a man who is scared of covering Acolyte because he can't handle nonbinary pronouns.

And anyway, how is the bidding anything to do with Marvel and directors having unreasonable demands.

Just watch the video, for crying out loud, it's really informative on the whole industry. Also, if you saw him listing all the properties leaving Netflix at the end of this month, you'd realize that the man has issues with just pronouncing and spelling names. :funny:

I remember someone saying that they didn’t think she had the comedy chops to pull this off. My jaw hit the floor so hard that I almost broke my big toe. Lol. I assume everyone has seen orphan black and her portrayal of, among others, the sweet little housewife Alison. :funny:

Tatiana was funny when she appeared in Parks and Recreation.

CGI looking better and better with each new trailer

Tatiana was funny when she appeared in Parks and Recreation.
Wait, who was she on Parks? I'm blanking hard on that...
Also, at first I read that as Titania. I was like, "oh yeah Jameela's gonna kill it, she was great on The Good Place" lol
I hope her look doesn't put people off so hard they don't give it a chance

CGI looking better and better with each new trailer

Wait, who was she on Parks? I'm blanking hard on that...
Also, at first I read that as Titania. I was like, "oh yeah Jameela's gonna kill it, she was great on The Good Place" lol
I hope her look doesn't put people off so hard they don't give it a chance

It wasn't memorable but she dated Tom for a brief bit and things didn't work out. I know this because I rewatched the entire show on Peacock recently. She had her small moments of humor.

This was the video:

As I said, he's worked a for a VFX studio and knows how the business side works. I did not know how the bidding side of it works and this really sounds an issue some studios create themselves throughout the industry by subcontracting stuff for smaller studios for the last decade.

The ones making the business decisions at these studios doesn't overlap 1:1 with the actual VFX artists, especially for the bigger FX houses.

Last edited:
This has been happening for a long time.
The VFX industry needs unionization and a bunch of other safeguards against these kinds of issues

Campea said on today's show that the whole VFX industry needs a systemic change.The current system where VFX studios try to out outbid each other to produce the VFX at the cheapest price possible for the movie studios is not helping the VFX workers, especially when there isn't an abundance of workers in the industry. Erin Cummings suggested that Disney create their own in-house VFX studio bus as Campea pointed out, it's no financially feasible. They'd have to hire 5 timed the amount of people the biggest VFX studio in the world has. It is simply far less cheaper for them (and all the other movie studios) to hire a studio. And that is done via bidding process.

Last edited:
This has been happening for a long time.

The VFX industry at the very least needs unionization.
Though it does seem like Marvel specifically has some additional issues that not all studios have, so I hope that can be resolved somehow.

I kind of suspect its less a Marvel/Disney unique structural issue, and more that Marvel/Disney are simply the giant ten ton gorilla contracting for the majority of the work. Thus, any given crunching VFX worker is likely to be working for Disney by chance, and any given VFX studio is more likely to make bad compromises because of the sheer amount of work they worry about losing. If the tables were turned and WB were in the same position, we'd be hearing pretty much the same stories about the same problems.

i truly believe professor hulk will be short lived. i think something happens to him and he goes savage hulk.
You mean after this show or during it?

Are we being trolled here?
KSW6rFw.png

Does that say "Sonny Blaze" on a poster of a guy in a black jacket with fire behind his head in a scene where Wong is fighting demons with a fiery orange whip?
At least it looks like there's not enough characters for "Johnny" and it doesn't look like "Danny" either.

Last edited:
Are we being trolled here?
KSW6rFw.png

Does that say "Sonny Blaze" on a poster of a guy in a black jacket with fire behind his head in a scene where Wong is fighting demons with a fiery orange whip?
At least it looks like there's not enough characters for "Johnny" and it doesn't look like "Danny" either.

Long shot theory I have:

Sonny Blaze is an actor in a B-movie that is probably some fire based character, but not Ghost Rider. The setting of the show takes place in Los Angeles, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that Hollywood movies spoofing the Avengers are a part of this show. Also, he could be Hellfire, whom if I remember from Agents of SHIELD, used a fire chain.

Last edited:
She still doesn't look very real. Couldn't they have just stuck Tatiana in green makeup and a wig for the closeup facial shots so it would be all practical?

lool this isn't the 80s . However i do wonder if this was a big budget CBM she might of got better treatment but then again Abomination and Hulk himself look pretty good. I know we've come along way with CGI disparity between tv series and blockbuster films but im honestly perplexed why She Hulk doesn't look fully optimised. Her hair rendering in certain scenes is pretty impressive though (1,03 in the 2nd trailer when she breaks the 4th wall)

I think it goes to show the inconsistent insight into modern VFX companies working multiple projects. Im glad theres raised awareness on the issues the workforce are facing in these industries even if this the only thread talking about it.

Abomination looked good and Hulk but She Hulk still looks gummby(ish)

Professor Hulk sucks so bad I hate what they've done to hulk
they've ready developed the cg models for Hulk and Abominate in the movies... She/Hulk is a new character that they are developing from scratch for this show, it takes time to prefect these things

they've ready developed the cg models for Hulk and Abominate in the movies... She/Hulk is a new character that they are developing from scratch for this show, it takes time to prefect these things

There's also the fact the She-Hulk looks way more like a regular human than either Hulk or Abomination and therefore suffers more from the uncanny valley effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"