Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing XML2 with a friend, I want M:UA 2 to have one thing and Ryuuie will be happy.

PVP battles. :D

Anyway, PVP! Maybe the PC version could have online (did it have online before? I can't remember), and you could do online PVP too as well as online playing.
QUOTE]

Yes, yes and yes! I loved the PVP in both XML games and I played them with friends a lot, and the lack of it in MUA was really disappointing to me. And hopefully, if they add it, it won;t have the same weird settings that the XML versus modes did, like that weird power tree that only gave you certain moves after you had died a few times.
It should be just player vs player, with all their moves, level one or leveled all the way up, (doesn't matter to me as long as the playing feild is even), in an area with lots of exploding barrels.

i like explosions

i like how the powers actually looked better and did different things as you levelled them up in XML2. It still happens in MUA but not nearly as much.

When M:UA gets its VIP site up, I'll definately make a "We Want PVP!" thread (or someone else can) so Ravensoft or someone can see it.

Look at the game we thought we were getting- oh man, I was so excited to play it, and XML was fricken awesome, don't get me wrong, but umm- that was not how it turned out in the end

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/frame_lead.php?pid=914644&img=168

ummm, where was this view in MUA?

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/frame_lead.php?pid=914644&img=154

Aw man, you think that's bad? Look at this.

[YT]4Jzys74myrM[/YT]

...When the hell did THIS game come out?! See how action packed that looks?

Or this one for that matter.

[YT]IIY_AbSbEaw[/YT]

Wow, that ad was very cool, I remember seeing it before MUA came out....man, I feel decieved!

After playing XML2 with a friend, I want M:UA 2 to have one thing and Ryuuie will be happy.

PVP battles. :D

Apparently, Sunfire, Rogue, and Bishop are broken in the right hands...even if the game gives you weak powers to play with and won't allow you to change them.

Anyway, PVP! Maybe the PC version could have online (did it have online before? I can't remember), and you could do online PVP too as well as online playing.

Oh, and XML2's customization would be awesome too. The more I play XML2 again, the more I remember how fun it was and customizable compared to M:UA. M:UA seems dumbed down compared to XML2...
Yes PC had online. XML2 was a MUCH better game. Ive been playing both games the past couple of weeks at the same time and that fact becomes even more apparent

Agreed. When I saw the first screenshots of XML (back before they went cell-shaded), they were all up close and detailed, I was so excited, especially becasue it was billed as an action-rpg with puzzle solving that involved having to use multiple characters at the same time, and that there were going to be hundreds of unique combos...well, it turned out ot be a dungeon crawler.
And compared to XML, MUA was WAY less of an rpg, and WAY more of a crawler.
I loved all three of these titles (XML, XML2 and MUA) but they could be so much more.

I agree wholeheartedly, definately a missed oppurtunity. I wonder if you stripped away the hero skins, would people still back it? I wouldn't, I think its a massive backwards step gameplay wise.

That said, in order to get my hero/videogame fix, I've bought and played all these Raven games (now only on PSP, lets face it the extra cost for a next gen version is wasted considering how ugly these are), in the vain hope that they'll blow my mind. For me a proper 3rd person adventure game is needed, but that would be too hard and costly to implement I think.

Again, I know I alone here, but I'll always hope for a superior product.

If you ask me, They should let the old engine retire, and make completely new game. Lose the camera-angle, get roamable camera. Lose the superpower-meter, get endless amount of juice. Lose RPG, get that action adventure feel into it. Lose repentiveness ( sorry if I spelled that wrong), get more puzzles that require multiple superpowers.

What I want is a Spider-man game with split screen multiplayer that has all major MARVEL's heroes.

I'll be happy if they can AT LEAST make the sequel into something other than a 'button masher'
I hate the idea of getting through another game pressing punch, punch, kick the whole time.
I want a challenge, dammit.
They could use WAY less badguys if they only made them smarter.

To be honest, a heavy graphical upgrade and alteration on the perspective/camera would do for me to buy MUA:2.

But they're on to a good thing were people will buy whatever is produced regardless of quality. See the fact that they've released the same game with different skins 3 times.

yeah, but I think because everyone bought MUA, even aside form its many flaws, the game-buying public (fanboys especially) will be using a more discerning eye to look at the sequel and if they don't feel like the necessary changes have been made, I don't think it will sell nearly as well as its predecessor.

If you ask me, They should let the old engine retire, and make completely new game. Lose the camera-angle, get roamable camera. Lose the superpower-meter, get endless amount of juice. Lose RPG, get that action adventure feel into it. Lose repentiveness ( sorry if I spelled that wrong), get more puzzles that require multiple superpowers.

What I want is a Spider-man game with split screen multiplayer that has all major MARVEL's heroes.
They already decreased the RPG element of the game with MUA and that was a huge mistake. They need to bring it back in

They should definitely bring the RPG aspects from the previous games back, but I wouldn't mind a camera change. Something like Spider-Man: Friend or Foe or Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer on the next-gen consoles.

I think that image from FF is the perfect scale and angle for the camer for MUA, if needed, you should still be able to switch it overhead or at an angle, but with the tighter, over shoulder view, you can actually see what's going on.

If they're gonna go with a similar close-up camera angle to FF: ROTSS they need to make sure the character models look good and are up to scratch! No plastic looking hair/rigid cape movements!!

I just wanted to LYK that there's a little teaser on Marvel.com for MUA2... they don't have any info for it yet, but there is a rendered Hulk!

Dude, there's a MUA2 thread already with all of the recently announced goodness on it.

My Bad... I thought it would have been mentioned here... I'll go look... thanks for the info!

Hey I just bought a PS3 and MUA, but the code I'm using to unlock all the characters and powers are not working. Can someone help me please?

This thread has been closed due to long loading times that are slowing down our servers. You are welcome to start a new thread on this topic. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"