Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firefox's spell check doesn't seem to have a problem with "funnest."

Then again, it also tells me "theatre" and "dialogue" are spelled wrong...

thats because "theatre" isn't widely use as "theater" is

thats because "theatre" isn't widely use as "theater" is
"Theater" is the American standard apparently, but I've never used it. I always say "theatre." Every movie theatre I've ever gone to has spelled it "theatre."

What really gets me is "dialogue." Firefox says "dialog" is okay (apparently it doesn't like "okay" either), but they taught us in school to spell it "dialogue" to match "monologue."

"Theater" is the American standard apparently, but I've never used it. I always say "theatre." Every movie theatre I've ever gone to has spelled it "theatre."

What really gets me is "dialogue." Firefox says "dialog" is okay (apparently it doesn't like "okay" either), but they taught us in school to spell it "dialogue" to match "monologue."

ya dialogue i will agree with... but american standard of theater is theater.. i don't really see it spelt "theatre" too often unless it's trying to be "fancy"

much like the use of color to colour

Yeah, I'm a big dork, so I always tried to pick teams that mades sense for the mission at hand, you know, like which ever Marvel heroes would go into space to fight the Skrull or underwater to help Namor or the team of heroes that would be most likely to want to fight the Madarin, or the Grey Gargoyle, etc. I got all of the character specififc conversations andit helped enhance the feeling of a real 'comicbook experience'
yeah, I'm a dork.
I tend to do that upon a 2nd playthrough

I say colour all the time. Just ask my neighbour. Whilst we were out and about a fortnight ago, he suggested we journey to the local theatre, and I told him t'was a jolly good idea.

I say colour all the time. Just ask my neighbour. Whilst we were out and about a fortnight ago, he suggested we journey to the local theatre, and I told him t'was a jolly good idea.

haha nice

Yeah, I've noticed that my copy of MUA doesn't play quite as well as when I first bought it. I guess after a while even the funnest games start to die.....and yes, I know funnest isn't a word, I ain't stoopid.

That's why we have No-CD cracks :woot:

Man I can't wait to hear/see SOMETHING about MUA2! When is E3 again??

I really hope they step up make some significant improvements on MUA and not just minor changes here and there.

I'd love some open world/free roam environments.

I am so stoked about E3 mainly for some new info on this game. I just can't wait to see who makes the roster, to me that will be one of, if no the bigest draws to this sequel- everyone wants to see if their favorite characters make the cut.
fingers crossed for Vision, Namor, Crystal and Havok!....and Shadowcat, but I won't hold my breath!

I am so stoked about E3 mainly for some new info on this game. I just can't wait to see who makes the roster, to me that will be one of, if no the bigest draws to this sequel- everyone wants to see if their favorite characters make the cut.
fingers crossed for Vision, Namor, Crystal and Havok!....and Shadowcat, but I won't hold my breath!

Agreed, if Storm doesn't make it I'll be gutted! I'm pretty confident she will though.

Marvel considers Storm part of their A-list. I'm sure she'll make it again.

for sure, she's basically a marvel legend, she needs a few tweaks to her moveset though. I would give her....
Tornado -same basic move but without her spinning while she does it
Chain lightning/Lightning Strike - why not a single, powerful lightning blast from the hands, like a combination of the two moves, could still chain though
Blizzard - it should be stronger and freeze enemies
Boost 1- cyclone armor is still good
boost 2- fog maybe? to make players invisble to enemies
Extreme....lets face it, the whole extreme moves setup from MUA needs work!

and I would love to see her have a press and hold wind move where she pushes enemies back.....and she needs a fricken cape!

Yeah hopefully.

I liked her spinning while doing her tornado move but I think the more you power that move up, the wider and more powerful the tornado funnel should look. In MUA the fully powered up tornado did more damage and sucked up more enemies but looked pretty much the same as the default tornado.

Storm's (and all the other characters) flight needs to be improved though and I also want to see Storm in her cape in this game. All cape dynamics need to be improved too.

The XTreme moves in MUA sucked. They had a good thing going in XML2 where you could add points to the XTremes, but they were just incredibly useless in MUA. I remember switching between all 4 of my characters and meleeing until their circular meter-things built up, and watching as all 4 of their XTreme moves did jack diddly. I always had Spider-Man on my team, and his was worthless during a boss fight.

yeah, first of all, we need the ability to toggle between using one or all of the extreme moves at a time.
I would love to have multiple extreme for each character to return as well.
I think some of the characters should have 'summon' extremes, like Namor calling Namorita to the fight with you on the field for a while, or Wolverine bringing in X-23, sort of like the strikers from MvC2 mixed with an XML2 eXtreme like Metal Minion, then we could see more of the characters that didn't make the cut, but are still pertinent to the Marvel universe.

yeah, first of all, we need the ability to toggle between using one or all of the extreme moves at a time.
I would love to have multiple extreme for each character to return as well.
I think some of the characters should have 'summon' extremes, like Namor calling Namorita to the fight with you on the field for a while, or Wolverine bringing in X-23, sort of like the strikers from MvC2 mixed with an XML2 eXtreme like Metal Minion, then we could see more of the characters that didn't make the cut, but are still pertinent to the Marvel universe.
Thats a good idea. The mods for XML2 have that. Moonstar's X-treme brings on Valkyries to help her fight and Northstar brings Aurora for their twin attack. In the retail version of the game, Iceman and Magneto were able to call upon ice and magnetic minions respectively

That really is a great idea. Characters like Wasp I can't see working on their own but if you bring her into the game in that manner then it would work great.

Yeah, or maybe if you already have a team bonus *Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four etc* you could spend all four of the characrter's momentum to summon four at once, like the X-Men could summon a group of New Mutants- Sunspot, Rictor, Magma and Moonstar or maybe some X-Factor guys, while the Avengers could summon some West Coast Avengers like Mockingbird, Tygra, Living Lightning and Machine man, The FF could summon the Inhumans- Blackbolt, Crystal, Karnak and Triton, or just Franklin- he can count as four!

They'd be especially useful against tough boss battles.

Giantman/Yellowjacket should be about the size of Ultimo btw. Like the Ice Giant/Fire Demon/Sentinel height. Man would it be so cool to have him and Wasp in there just tearing it up. There's a league of characters that I have trouble seeing working on their own that would work in a supportive manner.

Yellow Jacket
Wasp
Falcon*
Angel*
Shadowcat
Shang Chi*
Iron Fist*
The Vision*
Namor*

* These characters MAY be able to work on their own for the simple fact that Elektra managed to work just fine on her own.

This reminds me of the old Spider-man Sega Genesis games like Seperation Anxiety where you'd press a button and a character would come out to help. I totally want to see that make a come back. If not that then there should be some stages where they help out similarly to the stage where Dr. Strange tags along to help.

Man, I hope the creative team is thinking of this stuff. Namor totally should have helped take his kingdom back in the Atlantis level.

Hopefully there will be tough bosses in the next one. I really want MUA2 to be a challenge

Imagine an entire game with bosses like the evil Fantastic Four and The Wrecking Crew. Mmmman-o-man would that be great stuff. Fighting the Thunderbolts or the Inhumans would be great. Flashback missions of World War Hulk or the Civil War (even picking a side). The crap I'm imagining there's no way this game could be as good as I'm thinking.:csad:

Hopefully there will be tough bosses in the next one. I really want MUA2 to be a challenge
I liked the boss fights in MUA and felt they made an effort to make them different bc too often in XML1 and 2, they pretty much were button mashers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"