Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the giants were fun (Arcade, Galactus, The Kraken, etc) and guys like Mandarin and Loki actually had great boss battles that kept them totally in character. I like how Loki used reality itself as a weapon.

Ultron and Mordo should have been a hell of a lot tougher though. I mean Mordo rivals strange and all he could really do was freeze and blast people.

YEah, I did enjoy a lot of the bosses in MUA, and I guess compared to the rest of the game, the difficulty of the boss battles was pretty high- but only compared to the normal enemies in the game.
I loved fightitng Loki- it was one of the hardest battles in the game IMO
I liked Mandarin a lot too, the set up of the battle was pretty cool w/ the teleporting bombs and all
I'd love to have some more multiple boss fights, like going up against the Brotherhood or the Marauders, like how we got to fight the Emperial Gaurd- which is probably my favorite level in the game.
And Savage, I agree, flashback missions HAVE to come back. They were so much fun in XML1, IMO, fighting Juggernaut in the mansion was one of the best parts in the game, having to slow him down before he crashed his way through the entire mansion, smashing him over the head with furniture while he tossed the X-Men through walls- good stuff!
I'd love a heroes vs. Dark Phoenix battle, a proper one, where she is a uber powerful as she was in the comics with everyone in their classic 70's costumes, maybe mutants vs. Nimrod could be fun, or 80's Avengers vs. 80's Masters of Evil (Baron Zemo, Klaw, Screaming Mimi and Absorbing man), and I'd love LOVE to have a heroes vs. Korvac! Which was one of my favorite comic arcs from back in the day.

Damn, Phoenix really was too easy. I punched her 3 times with Luke Cage last time and knocked her out. That just should not happen. Ever. No matter how developed my characters are. Why can't the game's difficulty adjust with the character's stats like the comic book missions? Those are still some kind of challenge.

Yeah, I would love to have a real challeneg next time, like villains you have to use your brain to fight, not just button mashing! Why can't there be some drawn out, epic battles where the villains really use their powers, not just a lame attack or two and then some crappy melee? Why wouldn't (using Savage's exmple from early) Baron Mordo cast some powerful magic that really kept us on our toes? Instead he freezes, punches, freezes, lasers, freezes, blah.
Why wouldn't Dark Phoenix float up and hurl blasts of firey death instaed using a radial attack and a punch combo?
Why wouldn't Bullseye use a tricky plan involving some hidden explosives lining the walls instead of grenades and....wait for it....a melee combo?
It doesn't make sense.
It's Marvel, some attention to detail would be nice, eventhough I know how much more difficult it'd make programming and designing a game like this, but it'd be worth it to have a stellar sequel people will play up until the time MUA3 is announced.

Damn, Phoenix really was too easy. I punched her 3 times with Luke Cage last time and knocked her out. That just should not happen. Ever. No matter how developed my characters are. Why can't the game's difficulty adjust with the character's stats like the comic book missions? Those are still some kind of challenge.

Agreed! They need to concentrate more on individuals specific strenghts and weaknesses. Wolverine was much more powerful/vicious in XML2 than in MUA too.

IMO, Cap and Wolverine are the only decent melee fighters in the whole game.

I liked DD as a melee fighter, it was easy to mix in his moves with the combos, I thought Ms. Marvel was relatively good hand to hand for the same reason, and I really liked Thor, with his God-Speed boost and his ability to easily transition into his moves, it made his melee very effective.

Yeah, I would love to have a real challeneg next time, like villains you have to use your brain to fight, not just button mashing! Why can't there be some drawn out, epic battles where the villains really use their powers, not just a lame attack or two and then some crappy melee? Why wouldn't (using Savage's exmple from early) Baron Mordo cast some powerful magic that really kept us on our toes? Instead he freezes, punches, freezes, lasers, freezes, blah.
Why wouldn't Dark Phoenix float up and hurl blasts of firey death instaed using a radial attack and a punch combo?
Why wouldn't Bullseye use a tricky plan involving some hidden explosives lining the walls instead of grenades and....wait for it....a melee combo?
It doesn't make sense.
It's Marvel, some attention to detail would be nice, eventhough I know how much more difficult it'd make programming and designing a game like this, but it'd be worth it to have a stellar sequel people will play up until the time MUA3 is announced.

See now the Mandarin actually used all of his rings' powers. That was cool. I expected more of that from the bosses. Loki was tough. Mordo should have been tough as well. If I choose Strange and I'm fighting Mordo I really want to see a clash of the sorcerers.

Ultron was one of the greatest threats that The Avengers ever faced. Then they put him and Mordo together and I kill them both with one Extreme attack. :huh:

you know, I wouldn't mind having to include a certain team member for particular levels or boss battles if itmeant some cool character specific battle moments, like a button-sequence event between Strange or Mordo, or a clash between arch rivals. Even if they would set it up where you had to use a character with superstrength or energy projection or flight to battle certain bosses, so it wasn't as generic as the Arcade, Kraken and Ymir battles.

I liked DD as a melee fighter, it was easy to mix in his moves with the combos, I thought Ms. Marvel was relatively good hand to hand for the same reason, and I really liked Thor, with his God-Speed boost and his ability to easily transition into his moves, it made his melee very effective.
I forced Ms. Marvel to be a melee character since they screwed her up. They focused too much on her energy powers and completely ignored her super strength and melee skills. Bc the levelling was horrible in MUA compared to XML2, I found myself forced to give her most of the strike upgrades in order to make her more true to her comic book self

Luckily pairing her melee with her photonburst or finishing it off with a prism blast helped out. I liked her Warbird costume's energized fist stat for a little extra help, too...plus it's just the best look for her!

We should have boss fights with better chances for the baddies in MUA2. It's massacre to put bullseye against four earths mightiest heroes. Best battle in MUA was Wrecking crew.

i just wish we could get different views... i feel like your so far away from all the action that the villain battles feel less epic :( they just feel like slightly harder to beat thugs

Yeah, they should really keep the same engine but lose the dungeon crawler view. Adopt a look similar to the Fantastic Four movie games. The camera is much closer, you get more detail, and on the next gen these models would look fantastic and their powers muuuch more spectacular. Plus dodging and blocking would have some kind of use.

Yeah, they should really keep the same engine but lose the dungeon crawler view. Adopt a look similar to the Fantastic Four movie games. The camera is much closer, you get more detail, and on the next gen these models would look fantastic and their powers muuuch more spectacular. Plus dodging and blocking would have some kind of use.
I think they have to keep the view bc its the only way to keep track of all 4 characters and see all the action. They can add additional views to that but the ones tehy have already need to stay

I don't need to see all the characters though. Just the one I'm playing. The views should be optional at least. Just so we don't have these crappy models. There should even be an option for split screen.

Yeah, I'd like an over shoulder view with arrows pointing off screen to denote where the rest of your team is.
I loved having the camera zoomed in so that I could see really the action, but then you ended up getting attacked by the 99% of the bad guys that remained off-screen.
I agree woth Spideyboi 100%, when you could barely see who you were fighting, you lose the impact of facing a supervillain. They all become just another random bad guy.

Plus, I hope MUA2 allows us to change the AI's fighting techniques. Instead of just follow, assist, normal, whatever, I think it'd be great if we could tell certain characters to focus on ranged attacks or just use their melee, or just use their powers, or focus on boosting and healing, and I'd LOVE to be able to set characters to a collection mode, where they run around trying to grab up all of the sheild points and items lying around, instead of grazing right past them.
A character like Cyclops or Storm shouldn't just run up and punch, punch, kick, they should hang back and use their fricken powers!

The thing is I think these guys know this too. Look at all the trailers. They have these fantastic close up shots and views from behind the character but when you play the actual game you get none of that. The trailer looks all exciting and then you play it it's like watching ants go at it. Think they would have sold as much if they showed that in the commercials? :oldrazz:

I really just play this because it's the closest thing I have to an action adventure game that includes all of these characters.

I don't need to see all the characters though. Just the one I'm playing. The views should be optional at least. Just so we don't have these crappy models. There should even be an option for split screen.

If there was split screen, oh man! Can you imagine the kind of awesome multiplayer mode they could make?
You could have a player vs player mode where both players are free to run around entire levels (or at least much larger areas) sniping your enemy from a distance and running away and hiding out, waiting for your opponent to come around the corner so you can bust through the wall and grab them!
Then you'd really have to use your brain, characters with defensive capabilities would have as much as an advantage as the ones who have strong attacks.
Wow, that would be sweet!

The thing is I think these guys know this too. Look at all the trailers. They have these fantastic close up shots and views from behind the character but when you play the actual game you get none of that. The trailer looks all exciting and then you play it it's like watching ants go at it. Think they would have sold as much if they showed that in the commercials? :oldrazz:

I really just play this because it's the closest thing I have to an action adventure game that includes all of these characters.

Agreed. When I saw the first screenshots of XML (back before they went cell-shaded), they were all up close and detailed, I was so excited, especially becasue it was billed as an action-rpg with puzzle solving that involved having to use multiple characters at the same time, and that there were going to be hundreds of unique combos...well, it turned out ot be a dungeon crawler.
And compared to XML, MUA was WAY less of an rpg, and WAY more of a crawler.
I loved all three of these titles (XML, XML2 and MUA) but they could be so much more.
I'm sure MUA2 will be fun to play, and hopefully there will be a great roster and they will think up an interesting story, but I want the game we were promised way back when, a game that made you really feel like you were whatever hero you were playing as.
Maybe that's too much to ask, what the hell do I know? I'm not a game developer!.....just a fanboy ;)

After playing XML2 with a friend, I want M:UA 2 to have one thing and Ryuuie will be happy.

PVP battles. :D

Apparently, Sunfire, Rogue, and Bishop are broken in the right hands...even if the game gives you weak powers to play with and won't allow you to change them.

Anyway, PVP! Maybe the PC version could have online (did it have online before? I can't remember), and you could do online PVP too as well as online playing.

Oh, and XML2's customization would be awesome too. The more I play XML2 again, the more I remember how fun it was and customizable compared to M:UA. M:UA seems dumbed down compared to XML2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"