Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I almost wonder if it'd be worth it for WB and Affleck to just come out and confirm it, and just hope that it won't have that big of an impact on Justice League's box office.

Instead of just ripping off the bandaid, this whole thing is like having someone slowly pull the stitches out of a wound. I actually think it's worse to let this **** show drag out. Get through Comic Con, wait a few more weeks, then end this circus.

"However, the trade hears that the studio is looking at options to “usher out” Affleck’s Batman by adressing the change in an upcoming DCEU movie."

When there's actual sourcing and such, let me know. Otherwise, not personally putting a lot of stock in this. Like Billy Crudup supposedly leaving the Henry Allen role that got debunked hours later, I'll wait.

Yeah...I had a feeling this was coming, as I'm sure most of us did. It's just worrying to see another person supposedly disagreeing with the future direction of the DCEU. I mean...maybe Affleck's idea of how to proceed was ****. Maybe he got ******** that they tossed his script. Maybe he didn't feel he was being given the creative control he was promised. I just want the Bat films to continue in a positive direction from here on. I don't give a damn who's under the cowl as long as it's right for the film.

more and more likely justice league is affleck's final appearance as batman.thr is mentioning extensive reshoots so while i accept snyder stepped away fro personal reasons.stress on film may also be factor why.

i seriously doudt wb will do prequel route.yeah fox is kind of doing that with mainline x-men films taking place years before most or all spin-offs set in present or near future it's far more likely they just recast batman so shared universe can continue.inless new batman cameos in surcide squad sequel which is looking like the other 2019 film after shazam new batman will be introduced in the batman which likely comes out in 2020 possibly with ww2 and gotham city Sirens same year.if there is justice league sequel it would likely use reeves' batman.

again this is hardly shock.i think many have seen this coming.

If I were in charge at WB, I'd flat out tell Reeves that his film didn't have to be set in the DCEU if he didn't want it to be. Cast your own Bruce, cast your own Alfred, etc.

Honestly, I almost wonder if it'd be worth it for WB and Affleck to just come out and confirm it, and just hope that it won't have that big of an impact on Justice League's box office.

Instead of just ripping off the bandaid, this whole thing is like having someone slowly pull the stitches out of a wound. I actually think it's worse to let this **** show drag out. Get through Comic Con, wait a few more weeks, then end this circus.

I don't think we'll get any sort of actual confirmation until after JL truthfully. I'm surprised this much got out. They're banking hard on JL to be a hit, but it sounds like Snyder is out for good. And it doesn't really sound like WB was feeling his "vision" for things moving forward. They got a taste of the good life with WW, and now they don't wanna give that up.

If I were in charge at WB, I'd flat out tell Reeves that his film didn't have to be set in the DCEU if he didn't want it to be. Cast your own Bruce, cast your own Alfred, etc.

It can be set in the DCEU, but it can be an earlier story. In fact, that's kinda how I want them to approach it at this point. I really want to see something like The Long Halloween make it to the big screen, or something in that style.

It can be set in the DCEU, but it can be an earlier story. In fact, that's kinda how I want them to approach it at this point. I really want to see something like The Long Halloween make it to the big screen, or something in that style.
I'd be down for The Long Halloween, but Leto would have to be kept far away.

I'd be down for The Long Halloween, but Leto would have to be kept far away.

Agreed, but if they're starting with a fresh Batman, maybe we can get a fresh Joker too? And it doesn't have to actually be The Long Halloween, but I'm intrigued with Reeves wanting to go the noir detective route. I think that lends itself well to that type of story.

I don't think we'll get any sort of actual confirmation until after JL truthfully. I'm surprised this much got out. They're banking hard on JL to be a hit, but it sounds like Snyder is out for good. And it doesn't really sound like WB was feeling his "vision" for things moving forward. They got a taste of the good life with WW, and now they don't wanna give that up.

I think this is the case.

Call Christian Bale. Come on, do it.

I loved Bale's Batman and I love Affleck's Batman. If Affleck can find a way to stay and make it work that's what I want to happen. But if not, seeing Bale back in the cowl would be a definite nerdgasm moment (not that there's a snowball in hell's chance of that happening).

I loved Bale's Batman and I love Affleck's Batman. If Affleck can find a way to stay and make it work that's what I want to happen. But if not, seeing Bale back in the cowl would be a definite nerdgasm moment (not that there's a snowball in hell's chance of that happening).

Bale has conclusively said that he's done with comic book movies.

As for the news... I'm conflicted. I saw it coming, but are they really going to resolve it by just "mentioning" it in a movie on the side? That would be terrible. Either commit to passing the cowl on screen or don't mention it in-universe.

In today's news, The Hollywood Reporter gets in on the "******* clickbait" game with a well timed scoop. Thanks, THR. Really appreciate the downer right before JUSTICE LEAGUE's panel and hype. I get it, they had it, they didn't want to get scooped...it's just annoying. The whole thing has been annoying and distracting. It's not the biggest surprise in the world either; he's getting older, projects have been delayed and it's just not turned out as advertised, but it still kind of sucks from a fan standpoint.

Still, at this point, the reason he wants out or that they want him out hardly matters.

Either he's right for this role and he wants the role or he doesn't. Either way is fair. The character is, and always has been, and always will be, more paramount than any actor.

Part of me thinks that the best thing to do would be just to call Batman "reborn" spiritually after the events of JUSTICE LEAGUE and recast with a fresh face, but Flashpoint/Crisis IS tempting...

I do think WB has to address it somehow in universe, though. And hey, if this is what it takes to get Armie Hammer as young Batman...

Last edited:
I do think they should soft reboot with Flashpoint, yeah...It's better than just showing a new Batman who is younger for some reason.

WB should just pretend WW was the beginning of the DCEU and work from there.

I could actually see them in effect doing that. Minimal direct references to the preceding films, keep the casting (apart from maybe Affleck, obviously) and other than tying any loose ends that may hang over from Justice League, just go from there. Just a thought, but maybe they've thought along those lines already and the JL reshoots are so that there aren't any loose threads left hanging, for that exact reason. Maybe.

with wb which can change plans daily they may do that and apart from wonder woman recast everyone.then if matthew vaughn were to do next solo superman
film it can be reboot.

This is sceniro some wanted x-men to go in.treat deadpool as first film in series.

I really hope the news is true :) Haven't been a fan of Affleck with the exception of less than a handful of roles.

Hopefully this means Matt Reeves is directing the new Robin John Blake movie starring JGL. :ilv:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"