Max: The Artist Formerly Known as HBO Max

Well fantastic4 is finishing up what fox “streamed” them out for content!! That contract should end very soon so anything like that will come back to Disney+ and stay

Back to HBO Max, personally, I think it’s worth the $15/month price tag based on the WB library alone. It’s probably the one service I have used the most. I’m not even using it for DC stuff. I’ve been going back and watching all the movies I missed growing up. Just a couple of weeks ago I watched Cold Mountain for the first time. I remember it was out in theaters when I was working at a movie theater part time in high school (oddly enough, I didn’t see a lot of movies during that time because I didn’t want to be there when I didn’t have to). I’ve also been watching a bunch of A24 movies that I never saw before. Enemy was a crazy one! Overall, I think these streaming services are worth the price IF you use all they have to offer. If you’re only using it for one or two shows, then I agree it might not be worth it. When Zaslav and Chapek say their services are underpriced, they’re looking at everything that’s on the service, not just one or two things.

Zaslav and Chapek saying their services are "underpriced" is peak MBA brain in action. Thinking like that will be the death of streaming (and is the death of entertainment companies in general)

I absolutely think that HBOMax is worth what I pay now, though. It's my most expensive streamer for sure, but hands down has the best catalogue in the business, even though it can't manage to hold on to some of its top IPs like Harry Potter. You've got all the great HBO content, all the WB content, an incredible selection of classic films + the new deal they just signed with A24.

I think it’s similar to how movie theaters have their own subscription plans. AMC has A-List which I think costs $20-25 a month. Personally I don’t use it because I don’t go often enough for it to make sense, but even I realize that it’s severely underpriced. If you only go once or twice a month then you would probably feel cheated because you’re not getting the most out of the plan (similar to paying $15 a month just for one or two things) but if you use it to it’s full potential then I think you could see where they’re coming from.

I feel like were still 4-5 years away from just 2-3 streaming services existing.

I feel like were still 4-5 years away from just 2-3 streaming services existing.
So 2008-2015 (Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video) all over again, but now with higher prices?

So 2008-2015 (Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video) all over again, but now with higher prices?

of those I can see Netflix and definitely hulu
Not being around in 5 years. Prime, Disney plus and peacock I can see as the big 3 in 5 years charging $35-$50 a month to access all there content each.

Not being around in 5 years. Prime, Disney plus and peacock I can see as the big 3 in 5 years charging $35-$50 a month to access all there content each.
If they become that expensive then suddenly cable doesn't look so bad.

If they become that expensive then suddenly cable doesn't look so bad.

which is hilariously ironic given we all cut the cord to save money just streaming. Its not too far fetched when you look at what sling tv etc are charging now today.

I swear Zaslav and Chapek are battling it out on who's the worst person to run a streaming service cause they're now saying that the new price is still not enough for the content on Disney+.

Disney at least isn't slashing their content at the same time. Raising prices is one thing. Raising prices while simultaneously offering less than you used to is something else.

From what I hear peacock sucks!! That’s why ink isn’t even dry yet but n that merger only for universal/comcast to swoop in and pick up the new WB/discovery!! Who owns peacock??!! That’s right universal!!

I only watch Peacock for wrestling and the old WWE Network was a lot better.

Yeah I see Hulu being absorbed by Disney coming pretty soon and Comcast seems interested in acquiring other companies to either help Peacock or merge it with another service. I still say Paramount will continue with CBS All Access/Paramount Plus doing its thing even if it didn't make much sense.

From what I hear peacock sucks!! That’s why ink isn’t even dry yet but n that merger only for universal/comcast to swoop in and pick up the new WB/discovery!! Who owns peacock??!! That’s right universal!!
Peacock's Halloween library is pretty good though.

Peacock has the classic Monster Universe movies so I’m all set for October

Like I said, MBA Brain. Never underestimate unfettered capitalism's ability to take a new innovation and turn it into a worse version of what we already had.
They're going to make it cheaper to go annual instead of monthly to trap you in that service... oh wait that's already happening.

DC League of Super-Pets Gets HBO Max Release Date

I got Peacock for a year, with ads, for $20. That’s a pretty good deal that’s running this month.

I get Peacock Premium (ad-free) for free with my Xfinity Internet service. That combined with their Flex streaming box, which was also free, makes for a pretty great package. I also got a recent bandwidth bump up to 200 Mbps (from 100) at no extra cost as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"