• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mayo on a hamburger?

It's the extremists who keep misinterpreting the almighty Mayo scrolls that keep making the rest of us look bad. My grandpa used to say they needed to take all the mayo lovers and put them on a boat back where they came from, but that was a different time.

I don't know Terry, seems like Trump has promise to make Burgers Great again and deport all Mayo lovers back to France.

It's the extremists who keep misinterpreting the almighty Mayo scrolls that keep making the rest of us look bad. My grandpa used to say they needed to take all the mayo lovers and put them on a boat back where they came from, but that was a different time.

I'll be damned before I see Aioli Law practiced in America! :argh:

They're not the same at all. Mayo is egg and oil based. Ranch and Blue Cheese are dairy based.

What do you think Ranch and blue cheese are made out of? Both are mayo based dressings, made with about 80%-85% mayo. It's a main ingredient.

Ranch is about 80% mayo, mixed with 15-20% buttermilk, with added herbs, salt and spices. Blue Cheese is about 80% mayo, with 10-15% sour cream, herbs, salts and spices, and blue cheese crumbles.

Buttermilk Ranch recipe:

1/2 - 3/4 cup well-shaken buttermilk.
2-3 tablespoons sour cream.
1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise.
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon, dill, parsley, chives or celery leaves (or a combination)
1 clove garlic, finely minced with a microplane grater.
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard..

Blue Cheese Sauce:

1/3 cup milk
1 tsp white vinegar
5 ounces blue cheese , crumbled
1/3 cup + 1 TBS sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
4 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp granulated white sugar
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
dash of salt

Where is the 80% Mayo you're talking about?

Can we all just ake the time to recognize Terry and Ranger's MVP status in this thread? They're doing God's work here.

lol, I just looked up those recipes. Did you copy/paste those from Huffpost? That's a lite-mayo Ranch dressing recipe. They also have non-mayo Ranch recipes, but that's not traditional Ranch. They also have jalapeno Ranch, Avocado Ranch, Dry Ranch, Greek Yogurt Ranch(no mayo), etc etc. But again, traditional Ranch is mainly Mayo based.

If you're in a store and it says "low fat", that means there's not as much mayo. But if you get regular, that's mainly mayo based. And if you get the greek yogurt Ranch, that's a non-mayo Ranch, with more lite-sour cream to sub, etc.

Buttermilk. Barf.

Can we all just ake the time to recognize Terry and Ranger's MVP status in this thread? They're doing God's work here.

If you think I was bad here, don't get me started in people who put ketchup on steak.

Plus we've got Martha and Gertrude here swapping recipes

Buttermilk Ranch recipe:

1/2 - 3/4 cup well-shaken buttermilk.
2-3 tablespoons sour cream.
1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise.
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon, dill, parsley, chives or celery leaves (or a combination)
1 clove garlic, finely minced with a microplane grater.
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard..

Blue Cheese Sauce:

1/3 cup milk
1 tsp white vinegar
5 ounces blue cheese , crumbled
1/3 cup + 1 TBS sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
4 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp granulated white sugar
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
dash of salt

Where is the 80% Mayo you're talking about?

lol, I just looked up those recipes. Did you copy/paste those from Huffpost? That's a lite-mayo Ranch dressing recipe. They also have non-mayo Ranch recipes, but that's not traditional Ranch. They also have jalapeno Ranch, Avocado Ranch, Dry Ranch, Greek Yogurt Ranch(no mayo), etc etc. But again, traditional Ranch is mainly Mayo based.

If you're in a store and it says "low fat", that means there's not as much mayo. But if you get regular, that's mainly mayo based. And if you get the greek yogurt Ranch, that's a non-mayo Ranch, with more lite-sour cream to sub, etc.

Don't mess with my cooking.

giphy.gif

I can tell this will win thread of the year in the Hype awards.

I don't like it on red meat, that's a crime against people's insides.
I can tell this will win thread of the year in the Hype awards.
It better, I don't want another "CBM that makes fans cry in terror" thread wins.

It makes love to my insides when it's on my burger.

It makes love to my insides when it's on my burger.

Though I have no direct knowledge of the physical manner in which you consume hamburgers, I suspect you are performing the act incorrectly.

The 4th of July is coming up here in the states in a couple weeks and this thread needs to remain open so we can get a count regarding who puts mayo on burgers that are grilled. And deem them unpatriotic.

The 4th of July is coming up here in the states in a couple weeks and this thread needs to remain open so we can get a count regarding who puts mayo on burgers that are grilled. And deem them unpatriotic.
It's the American way.

l1EcT86.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"