MCU Fight: Thor vs Hulkbuster Iron Man

Yeah, I agree that Kurse could rip up Ultron - he displayed immense strength and destructive power against Thor, easily beating him in hand to hand - something Hulk couldn't do.

I think that post Ragnarok Thor probably has the power to hold his own with Ultron Prime - although Cap held his own with Ultron (although not Ultron Prime). Ultron as a whole was very underpowered -compared to his comic book counterpart.

Could post Ragnarok Thor beat Kurse? Hard to say.

Could Hulkbuster defeat Kurse.?...not likely ( don't think he could hurt Kurse). Could Hulkbuster defeat Ultron Prime? Maybe.
Could he defeat post Ragnarok Thor ? Nope.

I think people are under rating the power of Ultron Prime in a Vibranium body. I don't doubt this his physical strength was not on par with Kurse, but his durability was unparalleled by most physical beings. It took the combined might of Thor's lightning, Iron Man's Arc Reactor Blast and a Beam shot from Vision's Mind Stone to slowly begin melting away Ultron's Armor. Now let's just think about that last one for a moment, and I realize the next part is a little speculative, but still. A blast from the Mind Stone. In my opinion all of the Stones are equally powerful, but just have different enhancements they provide the user. I also believe that not all users are able to fully utilize the full extent of the Stones power and that it is more just something that builds and greatly enhances the characters base power. So, Ronan would never be at the same power level as say Eson with the Power Stone, because they do not have the same base power level. So, a character that has a super powerful base in terms of strength and durability would be able to best utilize the full extent of the Power Stone, and a character that is Super Intelligent would be able to best unlock the fullest potential of the Mind Stone. So, with that said we know that Vision is an Android with Jarvis as the CPU, and being a machine that Tony Stark created makes him one of the most advanced computers out there. Meaning his base intelligence is indeed Super High. Then add the Mind Stone to that Super High intelligence and the Vision really should be able to do battle against the likes of Ronan at least. Then consider with that kind of power level it still took Vision and 2 others to start melting Ultron Prime's Vibranium body, so he could be defeated. Ultron Prime is a super durable tank that may not have the physical strength of Kurse, but given he is way more Intelligent he would take the physical beating Kurse dishes out without damage and sustain this method of continuously being beaten without damage until he could figure out a way to win.

At least that is how I see it.

Surfer

I think Ultron has durability on the transcendent tier which keeps him there. But he has a threshold. A skinny Thor bolt, mind gem blast, and Tony's beam was enough to melt the vibranium.

Don't know how powerful Thor's big lightning blast against Hela was compared to this combo, but I would wager it isn't far behind.

His durability makes him tough. But he doesn't necessarily have the output to put down Thor. Ultron is a transcendent character who would probably stalemate the top of the powerhouse tier. But the implication was that he was power powerful than Thor. We just didn't see him DO anything offensively that suggests he could beat powerhouses in combat, other than outlast them. I'd but Ultron prime's strength level right around base Hulk.

Ultron would actually have his way with Hulkbuster. As far as Kurse. He was freakishly durable. Thor's punches didn't even make him flinch. Physically, he was the strongest character we have seen. Given how he swatted away mjolnir, and unmovable object, I would not be surprised if Kurse could dent vibranium. Thor has cracked it. So I DO think Ultron can only take so much of what Kurse dishes out. And anything Ultron throws at Kurse won't budge him, nevermind hurt him.

I can only take it for what he said, nothing more or nothing less I don't like to put my own spin on things.

This is a battle forum and Mjolnir is Thor's signature weapon I feel it's earned it's right to be brought back.
Fair enough Thor wins just on virtue of being post ragnarok, Mjolnir's boost to Thor's striking force almost makes this a spite I will go vote now

I think Ultron has durability on the transcendent tier which keeps him there. But he has a threshold. A skinny Thor bolt, mind gem blast, and Tony's beam was enough to melt the vibranium.

Don't know how powerful Thor's big lightning blast against Hela was compared to this combo, but I would wager it isn't far behind.

His durability makes him tough. But he doesn't necessarily have the output to put down Thor. Ultron is a transcendent character who would probably stalemate the top of the powerhouse tier. But the implication was that he was power powerful than Thor. We just didn't see him DO anything offensively that suggests he could beat powerhouses in combat, other than outlast them. I'd but Ultron prime's strength level right around base Hulk.

Ultron would actually have his way with Hulkbuster. As far as Kurse. He was freakishly durable. Thor's punches didn't even make him flinch. Physically, he was the strongest character we have seen. Given how he swatted away mjolnir, and unmovable object, I would not be surprised if Kurse could dent vibranium. Thor has cracked it. So I DO think Ultron can only take so much of what Kurse dishes out. And anything Ultron throws at Kurse won't budge him, nevermind hurt him.

I agree with a lot of what you said regarding Ultron's durability and strength levels. However, Kurse's feat of deflecting Mjolnir was only upon Thor calling his hammer back to his hand from the ground, which I feel would not cause the same impact or damage as if Thor was tossing it at him. Nor would Thor tossing the Hammer at him cause the same impact or damage in my opinion as if Thor was holding Mjolnir when the impact occurs. So, I am not dismissing Kurse's feat of deflecting Mjolnir, but in my opinion it was not as impressive as people are making it out to be. Because if Kurse was so durable then how did Loki impale him with a sword when a black hole grenade was attached to it. I highly doubt that sword would have scratched Ultron Prime's body.

Also, I went back to watch Age of Ultron just now because I could not remember where Thor damaged Ultron Prime's Vibranium Armor on his own and I could not find this any where's. Now it is quite possible I missed it, but I was looking for it and could not find it. The only part where I saw Thor did any damage to Ultron Prime's armor is where he was accompanied by Vision's Mind Gem and Tony Stark's Arc Reactor Blast. So, can someone post a video showing me where Thor damages Ultron Prime's Vibranium Armor on his own, or maybe a runtime on the Age of Ultron movie where it shows this Thor feat.

Again though, even with Kurse being the Stronger of the two, I feel that Ultron Prime would outlast Kurse's brutality due to his Vibranium Body and eventually Ultron's intelligence would give him the upper hand in the battle and he would defeat Kurse.

Now back to Thor Vs. Hulkbuster Iron Man. Lol!

Thanks!

Surfer

Fair enough Thor wins just on virtue of being post ragnarok, Mjolnir's boost to Thor's striking force almost makes this a spite I will go vote now

Thanks and we appreciate your continued participation. :up:

I think people are under rating the power of Ultron Prime in a Vibranium body. I don't doubt this his physical strength was not on par with Kurse, but his durability was unparalleled by most physical beings. It took the combined might of Thor's lightning, Iron Man's Arc Reactor Blast and a Beam shot from Vision's Mind Stone to slowly begin melting away Ultron's Armor. Now let's just think about that last one for a moment, and I realize the next part is a little speculative, but still. A blast from the Mind Stone. In my opinion all of the Stones are equally powerful, but just have different enhancements they provide the user. I also believe that not all users are able to fully utilize the full extent of the Stones power and that it is more just something that builds and greatly enhances the characters base power. So, Ronan would never be at the same power level as say Eson with the Power Stone, because they do not have the same base power level. So, a character that has a super powerful base in terms of strength and durability would be able to best utilize the full extent of the Power Stone, and a character that is Super Intelligent would be able to best unlock the fullest potential of the Mind Stone. So, with that said we know that Vision is an Android with Jarvis as the CPU, and being a machine that Tony Stark created makes him one of the most advanced computers out there. Meaning his base intelligence is indeed Super High. Then add the Mind Stone to that Super High intelligence and the Vision really should be able to do battle against the likes of Ronan at least. Then consider with that kind of power level it still took Vision and 2 others to start melting Ultron Prime's Vibranium body, so he could be defeated. Ultron Prime is a super durable tank that may not have the physical strength of Kurse, but given he is way more Intelligent he would take the physical beating Kurse dishes out without damage and sustain this method of continuously being beaten without damage until he could figure out a way to win.

At least that is how I see it.

Surfer

Ultron- schmultron ! Agree to disagree.

Even Ultron Prime was the Avengers' *****. If he hadn't had his army of beta versions that fight would have been over real quick.

The thing about Vibranium is that it's meant to be virtually indestructible. The Thor, Tony, Vision combo shouldn't have done much more than dent Ultron- that it melted his vibranium armour was a bit silly.

Offensively Ultron was nothing, he only managed to kill one Avenger, using a quintet. He had the strength to go hand to hand to hand with a hammerless Thor, who didnt seem to be trying too hard. The second he had to face more than one opponent he got ***** slapped.

Based on the film, I think Hulk would have taken him out.

IMO we didn't see anything to suggest he's more than powerhouse tier ( to use this threads scale).

And, as before Thor takes out the Hulkbuster!

Ultron- schmultron ! Agree to disagree.

Even Ultron Prime was the Avengers' *****. If he hadn't had his army of beta versions that fight would have been over real quick.

The thing about Vibranium is that it's meant to be virtually indestructible. The Thor, Tony, Vision combo shouldn't have done much more than dent Ultron- that it melted his vibranium armour was a bit silly.

Offensively Ultron was nothing, he only managed to kill one Avenger, using a quintet. He had the strength to go hand to hand to hand with a hammerless Thor, who didnt seem to be trying too hard. The second he had to face more than one opponent he got ***** slapped.

Based on the film, I think Hulk would have taken him out.

IMO we didn't see anything to suggest he's more than powerhouse tier ( to use this threads scale).

And, as before Thor takes out the Hulkbuster!

Yes! Agree to disagree that Ultron was not shown to be more than the powerhouse tier, and that Hulk would have taken Ultron Prime in a fight. However, I do agree with you that Ultron's Vibranium Armor should have held up better than it did against the blast of the three, but still that kind of power being needed to deteriorate his Armor does not suggest his Vibranium Armor was silly or weak by any stretch of the imagination. I mean two of these three characters especially are heavy hitters (Thor and Vision), making Ultron Prime's Vibranium body in my mind still super resilient to damage to take that kind of power and while not as indestructable as it should have been, it was still pretty indestructable none the less. I also, agree with you that Ultron Prime's physical strength was not shown to be above powerhouse tier, and that he was often shown to be at maybe Hulk level strength. Never the less Ultron Prime's durability is greater than any of the Avengers, which as jaqua99 pointed out is why he is able to reach the Transcendant tier. Ultron Prime can get smacked around a lot without it having any impact on him, and then use his Super Intelligence to wait for the correct moment to launch his attack and change the tide of the battle. I mean people feel Ultron was weak, but besides Loki who fought more indirectly, Ultron Prime is the only character that has had to face off against a whole team of Avengers. Other Villians have mostly just had to contend with 1 or 2 heroes. So, what Ultron Prime was up against was considerably more difficult than what most Villains have to contend with in order to win. So, again considering the level of power that some of the Avengers team members have, and the fact that Ultron Prime was giving them a difficult fight and that it took three of the Avengers combined powers to defeat him, I still find Ultron Prime's power level to be rather impressive.

At least that's how I see it, but you have a right to your opinion as well, and I respect it even if I disagree with aspects of it.

Thanks for voting and for providing your thoughts.

Surfer

I think Thor could literally beat Tony Stark out of the Hulkbuster suit, like when he humbled Iron Man in the comics.

My vote is Thor based on Thor: Ragnarok.

I agree with a lot of what you said regarding Ultron's durability and strength levels. However, Kurse's feat of deflecting Mjolnir was only upon Thor calling his hammer back to his hand from the ground, which I feel would not cause the same impact or damage as if Thor was tossing it at him. Nor would Thor tossing the Hammer at him cause the same impact or damage in my opinion as if Thor was holding Mjolnir when the impact occurs. So, I am not dismissing Kurse's feat of deflecting Mjolnir, but in my opinion it was not as impressive as people are making it out to be. Because if Kurse was so durable then how did Loki impale him with a sword when a black hole grenade was attached to it. I highly doubt that sword would have scratched Ultron Prime's body.

Also, I went back to watch Age of Ultron just now because I could not remember where Thor damaged Ultron Prime's Vibranium Armor on his own and I could not find this any where's. Now it is quite possible I missed it, but I was looking for it and could not find it. The only part where I saw Thor did any damage to Ultron Prime's armor is where he was accompanied by Vision's Mind Gem and Tony Stark's Arc Reactor Blast. So, can someone post a video showing me where Thor damages Ultron Prime's Vibranium Armor on his own, or maybe a runtime on the Age of Ultron movie where it shows this Thor feat.

Again though, even with Kurse being the Stronger of the two, I feel that Ultron Prime would outlast Kurse's brutality due to his Vibranium Body and eventually Ultron's intelligence would give him the upper hand in the battle and he would defeat Kurse.

Now back to Thor Vs. Hulkbuster Iron Man. Lol!

Thanks!

Surfer

He cracked the machine, the vibranium core.

Thor takes it fairly easily. The Hulkbuster is way too cumbersome to keep up with him. In the words of Muhammad Ali, I think Thor is gonna dance around Tony and sting him like a bee.

Thor takes it fairly easily. The Hulkbuster is way too cumbersome to keep up with him. In the words of Muhammad Ali, I think Thor is gonna dance around Tony and sting him like a bee.

Yeah, good point! You can't beat what you can't hit no matter how powerful strength wise you are. Although, Thor takes it in that category also.

Surfer

Unless there is a miracle, this match is over.

Thor wins this by just being significantly more powerful, as well as being more skilled and agile. The Hulkbuster might be able to use it's size to its advantage early on but eventually Thor just smashes it any way he wants to.

jaqua99, your private messaging is full. Try to clear up some room when you get a moment, because we need to discuss the next battle. Thanks!

Surfer

Honestly, even pre-Ragnarok, Thor would take it. The Hulkbuster was eminently well designed to fight the Hulk, but Thor isn't the Hulk.

Honestly, even pre-Ragnarok, Thor would take it. The Hulkbuster was eminently well designed to fight the Hulk, but Thor isn't the Hulk.

Exactly, Thor was no b**** even before Ragnarok I don't know why everyone keep acting like he was.

How would Hulkbuster Iron Man deal with Thor creating a tornado like in Thor ? How would it stand up to lightning charged blows from Mjolnir which is powerful enough to CRACK freakin' VIBRANIUM.

People please don't forget to comment on which Power Tier you believe each of these characters belongs in. If we get practically no comments on tier placement then it is up to the three of us running the battles to decide on the tier placement. So, help us to keep things as accurate as possible and provide us with a comment on which tiers you feel these characters belong in below.

Thanks!

Surfer

I would list both as Powerhouse Tier. If Abomination is a powerhouse, and he and the Hulk are more or less equals, Hulkbuster defeated Hulk, and Thor more or less did also (victory snatched from him last second...though he has a more or less clean loss to Hulk on his resume, too). Still, powerhouse makes most sense.

I would list both as Powerhouse Tier. If Abomination is a powerhouse, and he and the Hulk are more or less equals, Hulkbuster defeated Hulk, and Thor more or less did also (victory snatched from him last second...though he has a more or less clean loss to Hulk on his resume, too). Still, powerhouse makes most sense.

Yeah, I agree with both characters being in the Power House Tier, but I get the feeling some fans believe Thor should be in the Transcendent Tier. So, hopefully we will get more people to leave comments regarding his tier placement, so we can put him in the appropriate spot. I appreciate you taking the time to provide your thoughts on the subject, and it will be considered along with ours when we place the characters.

Thanks!

Surfer

Surprised the respect Thor is getting here.

22-2. This is a borderline spite battle against a character that defeated Hulk.

Yeah, good point! You can't beat what you can't hit no matter how powerful strength wise you are. Although, Thor takes it in that category also.

Surfer

Disagree, Hulkbuster is definitely stronger than Thor.

He could lift more, and hit harder than Thor bare fisted.
Not that it makes any advantage whatsoever. Cause Thor with mjolnir still hits harder, and Thor with lightning hits twice as hard as Hulkbuster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"