MCU Fight: Thor vs Hulkbuster Iron Man

I would list both as Powerhouse Tier. If Abomination is a powerhouse, and he and the Hulk are more or less equals, Hulkbuster defeated Hulk, and Thor more or less did also (victory snatched from him last second...though he has a more or less clean loss to Hulk on his resume, too). Still, powerhouse makes most sense.

I don't really consider their first fight to be a real fight, it seems more like Thor was trying to subdue him. He seemed to still have the kid gloves on, unlike what happened at the end of this fight.

I don't really consider their first fight to be a real fight, it seems more like Thor was trying to subdue him. He seemed to still have the kid gloves on, unlike what happened at the end of this fight.

But this one was still a close fight. Further, Hela wrecked Thor. So did Kurse, who I would also say is a powerhouse.

I still hold that Hulkbuster has no business beating Abomination. So if Tony can't beat an evil Hulk, then he gets absolutely slaughtered by Thor.

And pre-Ragnarok Thor is no pushover either. Blows from Mjolnir would tear the armor apart like it was made of paper. And god help Tony if Thor performs a Jotunheim/Sokovia-buster lightning strike. Then you have post-Ragnarok Thor who can spam lightning like crazy and disintegrate his foes.

Both solidly belong in powerhouse (though with Hulkbuster listed well below Thor), though I feel like Thor could technically be Transcendent. We don't know of there being any limit to his ability to perform city busting strikes, so given enough time he could probably glass an entire planet, thus making him a planetary threat.

EDIT: Actually, if "can influence on a cosmic level on a local scale" can mean the character *could* achieve it if they really worked for it, then make my vote for Thor to be Transcendent. Even if Thor has to recharge between city busting, he has all the time in the world to do so, and say, on Earth, no one could really stop him. So sure, Ronan with Power Gem can wipe out an entire planet in an instant but Thor's only limitation is that he needs ample time and one hell of a world tour. Plus Ultron had to work to put together his meteor so it's not like his place in Transcendent was effortless either.

Last edited:
I still hold that Hulkbuster has no business beating Abomination. So if Tony can't beat an evil Hulk, then he gets absolutely slaughtered by Thor.

And pre-Ragnarok Thor is no pushover either. Blows from Mjolnir would tear the armor apart like it was made of paper. And god help Tony if Thor performs a Jotunheim/Sokovia-buster lightning strike. Then you have post-Ragnarok Thor who can spam lightning like crazy and disintegrate his foes.

Both solidly belong in powerhouse (though with Hulkbuster listed well below Thor), though I feel like Thor could technically be Transcendent. We don't know of there being any limit to his ability to perform city busting strikes, so given enough time he could probably glass an entire planet, thus making him a planetary threat.

EDIT: Actually, if "can influence on a cosmic level on a local scale" can mean the character *could* achieve it if they really worked for it, then make my vote for Thor to be Transcendent. Even if Thor has to recharge between city busting, he has all the time in the world to do so, and say, on Earth, no one could really stop him. So sure, Ronan with Power Gem can wipe out an entire planet in an instant but Thor's only limitation is that he needs ample time and one hell of a world tour. Plus Ultron had to work to put together his meteor so it's not like his place in Transcendent was effortless either.

Iron Man took a couple blows in his Mark VII armor from Mjolnir, and it didn't shatter his armor. The Hulkbuster can absorb a fair amount of damage. Further, lightning only increased the battery percentage of his mark 7 when Thor tried it. Hulkbuster likely same occurs. Thor would win in the end, but it would not be easy.

I don't like putting Thor in Transcendent. Hela beat him fairly effortlessly in their encounters, and I think most of the Transcendent characters would beat him, also. Plus, like I said earlier, Kurse DESTROYED Thor when they fought. Literally, Thor was basically helpless. Loki had to outwit him.

Iron Man took a couple blows in his Mark VII armor from Mjolnir, and it didn't shatter his armor. The Hulkbuster can absorb a fair amount of damage. Further, lightning only increased the battery percentage of his mark 7 when Thor tried it. Hulkbuster likely same occurs. Thor would win in the end, but it would not be easy.

I don't like putting Thor in Transcendent. Hela beat him fairly effortlessly in their encounters, and I think most of the Transcendent characters would beat him, also. Plus, like I said earlier, Kurse DESTROYED Thor when they fought. Literally, Thor was basically helpless. Loki had to outwit him.

I think what also helps Hulkbuster Iron Man in the fight is Veronica being able to replace Armor. Obviously though it is not enough since this is not something that is endless. So, even if Thor breaks away Hulkbuster's Armor only to have Veronica replace it, there is only so many times this can happen before there just is no more replacements and then Thor just rips Hulkbuster apart and ends the fight.

Surfer

I think what also helps Hulkbuster Iron Man in the fight is Veronica being able to replace Armor. Obviously though it is not enough since this is not something that is endless. So, even if Thor breaks away Hulkbuster's Armor only to have Veronica replace it, there is only so many times this can happen before there just is no more replacements and then Thor just rips Hulkbuster apart and ends the fight.

Surfer

I agree, which is why Thor will eventually win. I am just saying it is no easy task for him.

Well, I voted for Abomination for that battle also, but he lost by 10 votes with Hulkbuster having 27 and Abomination having 17. So, it was a pretty significant loss, therefore even if a few people voted because of liking Hulkbuster Iron Man more I think it is a clear indication that the majority of fans feel Hulkbuster Iron Man is the more powerful of the two characters. So, I yield to the Majority, knowing they for sure have a cumulative greater knowledge and understanding then myself or any one individual could. As a result, I believe in the voting system. So while I once thought Abomination was more powerful then Hulkbuster Iron Man, I now know he is not.

Surfer

Surprised the respect Thor is getting here.

22-2. This is a borderline spite battle against a character that defeated Hulk.
Agreed but then again that Post Ragnarok Power Boost is nothing to sneeze at

Both are Power House Tier

Ironman took one toss from the hammer. The second one had Tony struggling to his feet.

Thor's lightning that he hit Hela with isnt being absorbed.

Kurse's blatant physical superiority to Thor and Hulk both in the strength and durability, and him and Hela being the only ones who have shown power to influence Mjolnir puts Kurse as a transcendent character I think.

Thanks for your participation :)

Iron Man took a casual hammer toss and a backhand from Mjolnir, if Thor were to hit him with full powered blows like he was hitting those Frost Giants it would be game over for that suit.

Surfer

Not to mention that Thor could just blast Veronica out of the air to begin with.

what about hulbuster armor with a a low battery that thor could recharge?
what about energy shields?

Unless....and this is key....the background music was picked by Iron Man. If ACDC was playing then Tony might have a chance. On the other hand if the DJ loads up the immigrant song then it's going to be over quick !
Loved this. :woot:
Also every time i hear the immigrant song, i relive that scene on the bridge... it gives me chills.

N5EQPFK.gif

Loved this. :woot:
Also every time i hear the immigrant song, i relive that scene on the bridge... it gives me chills.

N5EQPFK.gif

Yeah, there was definitely some amazing Cinematic moments in Ragnarok that were beautiful to watch.

Surfer

Even before Ragnorak Thor would have taken this for me.

Well, Hulk Buster Iron Man might be a tank, but Thor is a tank buster in every form, and the fact that he showcased a higher level of power in Ragnarok only adds fuel to the fire. Not to mention the higher level of power shown in Ragnarok was always in Thor, he just had been told he required his hammer to focus his powers. That is until Odin told Thor otherwise, allowing him to unlock his potential. So, yeah Thor would take this one and it seems most fans agree.

Surfer

Yeah, I get the impression that Ragnarok Thor, in battle is about as powerful as he was vs frost giants.

I think Thor with mjolnir with now better knowledge of his power will be legit. We saw what Thor's bare fist lightning punch did to Hulk, imagine if it was mjolnir instead? Furthermore, if it was a spinning mjolnir?

Not only would the lightning hammer strike be noticably stronger than the fist, but the hammer then will hit Hulk with even more extra force because of how fast the hammer is spinning...and it probably hits him 3 or 4 times before he even gets launched.

Given context, and even Thor's shockwave feats, I dont think people realize Thor can hit about twice as hard as anyone we've seen. I mean, we've seen Thor create the same shockwave by himself that Hulkbuster and Hulk needed.

MCU Thor gets more respect than any Thor since probably the 80s lol

Yeah, I get the impression that Ragnarok Thor, in battle is about as powerful as he was vs frost giants.

I think Thor with mjolnir with now better knowledge of his power will be legit. We saw what Thor's bare fist lightning punch did to Hulk, imagine if it was mjolnir instead? Furthermore, if it was a spinning mjolnir?

Not only would the lightning hammer strike be noticably stronger than the fist, but the hammer then will hit Hulk with even more extra force because of how fast the hammer is spinning...and it probably hits him 3 or 4 times before he even gets launched.

Given context, and even Thor's shockwave feats, I dont think people realize Thor can hit about twice as hard as anyone we've seen. I mean, we've seen Thor create the same shockwave by himself that Hulkbuster and Hulk needed.

I think Thor has been showcased very well in the comics a few times since then. For example, God of Thunder Thor was so powerful that when he went all out when hitting Gorr in space nearby worlds shattered. His older self had a fairly even fight with Galactus. He was painted out as, at the end of his days, being the greatest god that ever lived. Etc.

The Hulkbuster Armor could absorb damage better. . . by way of being a giant ablative hunk of armor. Problem is, ablation only does so much good, especially against an actual intelligent opponent.

The battle between Thor and Hulkbuster Iron Man has ended and they have been added to the Power Tier list in order and accordance with the majority of votes and where most people felt they placed tier wise.

Also, a new battle has started for Ghost Rider Vs. Hulk, and that can be viewed and joined at the link below.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=537937

Thanks!

Surfer

Yeah Thor 1 and Ragnarok did Thor justice, even AOU showed Thor a lot of respect.

He was kind of nerfed in Dark World and Avengers 1.

Last edited:
This would be a nice fight, and it's already been established that Thor's electricity barely works on Iron Man's suits as it simply charged his suit up in Avengers. However Thor's sheer strength alone would eventually overpower Stark. Especiallly if he has Mjolnir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"