MCU Fight: Hela Vs. Thanos (Power Stone)

Thör-El;36704565 said:
As for Thanos vs Stormbreaker Thor, it overpowered the blast from the completed Infinity Gauntlet and near enough one shotted Thanos. It's an incredible feat and by Thanos own admission would've killed him instantly if he'd went for the head. I don't see why Thanos wouldn't have put his full strength into preventing his moment of victory being snatched from him.

Or......Stormbreaker is immune to reality warping.

Is my bias showing? Lmao :hehe:

Thör-El;36704565 said:
I agree Thanos enjoyed fighting without the gauntlet, he did it against Hulk. He did it again against Iron Man, Dr Strange, Spidey and the Guardians and it almost cost him the fight. He did it against Scarlet Witch and she was able to hold him back with one hand whilst destroying an Infinity Stone with the other.

It would be very much in character for him to do it against Hela and - since she'll go for the kill immediately and outclasses him without the power stone - that would cost him the fight.

And even if Thanos does start using the power stone straight away it'll only even the odds since Hela has the speed to dodge and she has her own ranged attacks capable of one shotting.

I'm repeating myself now but this argument just doesn't hold water. Hela toyed with Thor, overpowered/outskilled him and easily could've killed him. Then she quickly took him out again even when he'd tapped into his lightning powers.

As for Thanos he somehow beat Thor offscreen then left him for dead by blowing up his ship with the power gem and that's all we know. Like I keep saying, it could've been a long difficult fight, he could've used the power gem, taken Thor by surprise or had the Black Order backing him up. Or - my personal theory - Thor probably couldn't use his lightning inside the spaceship full of refugees.
Hela's showing against Thor is far more impressive than the Thor vs Thanos mystery fight.

I think the Cap resisting Thanos hand/arm feat was legit. Cap was going all out using his full body strength just to stop Thanos closing his fist/using the gauntlet. The guy has ten ton plus lifting feats and can bicep curl a helicopter but he only managed to resist Thanos for a couple of seconds.

As for Thanos vs Stormbreaker Thor, it overpowered the blast from the completed Infinity Gauntlet and near enough one shotted Thanos. It's an incredible feat and by Thanos own admission would've killed him instantly if he'd went for the head. I don't see why Thanos wouldn't have put his full strength into preventing his moment of victory being snatched from him.

My take is that the MCU gauntlet blasts aren't nearly as impressive as the reality warping it's capable of (which yeah, he could've used to stop Stormbreaker if he'd had more time to think/react).

I don't know where you're getting the tailor made to beat Thanos idea. It's powerful enough to challenge Thanos with but it wasn't specifically designed for doing that. Eitri had already designed it and made the mouldings when Thor came to him looking for a weapon he could kill Thanos with.

All Eitri ever said was that Stormbreaker was designed as
"A king's weapon. Meant to be the greatest in Asgard. In theory, it could even summon the Bifrost"
Given the name I think it's fair to assume it was designed for Thor to replace Mjolnir and channel his full power once he became King.

I don't think I'd go that far. Thanos is an intelligent schemer/fighter with serious willpower but his plan to kill half of all life in the universe as a solution to overpopulation is deranged. The arbitrary 50:50 is nonsensical and the populations will recover within a couple of generations and in the meantime they'll use more resources to cope/rebuild. He could've done way cleverer/saner things to pursue the same goals with that snap.

The bolded is just not true. The only time Hela took Thor out of the fight once he had tapped into his lightning powers was when Thor was distracted, looking the other way shouting for Loki to get the ship full of Asgardians out of there, before that he was doing quite well against her on the bifrost.

The bolded is just not true. The only time Hela took Thor out of the fight once he had tapped into his lightning powers was when Thor was distracted, looking the other way shouting for Loki to get the ship full of Asgardians out of there, before that he was doing quite well against her on the bifrost.

Here's the fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSJbF3Zz_Os

I agree Thor did far better with his lightning than without it and Hela had to fight more seriously rather than blatantly toying with him but she was still above him ("You can't beat me" "I know, but he can").

She blocked all his attacks and knocked him down at 52 seconds and then yeah, she puts a spear through him at 1:14. You're right it's just after he told the Asgardians to flee but he wasn't looking the other way. He dodged her first spear and he tried to block the one that hit him.

Thör-El;36704715 said:
Here's the fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSJbF3Zz_Os

I agree Thor did far better with his lightning than without it and Hela had to fight more seriously rather than blatantly toying with him but she was still above him ("You can't beat me" "I know, but he can").

She blocked all his attacks and knocked him down at 52 seconds and then yeah, she puts a spear through him at 1:14. You're right it's just after he told the Asgardians to flee but he wasn't looking the other way. He dodged her first spear and he tried to block the one that hit him.

But he was distracted when she took him out of the fight. Knocking Thor down doesn’t account for much for me as more often than not he gets straight back up.

I agree Hela was still above him but as you say she wasn’t toying anymore at that point and had to fight harder against him. I think if Hulk had gotten involved in the bifrost fight with lightning powered Thor and Valkyrie they may have been able to overwhelm her, but not necessarily beat her permanently.

I don’t see those 3 taking down Thanos but I think they could have with Hela, just not permanently. I also think again if Thor had Stormbreaker against Hela the fight would have been much different.

I think Thor's performance against Hela on the bifrost is extremely underrated and undersold.

But he was distracted when she took him out of the fight. Knocking Thor down doesn’t account for much for me as more often than not he gets straight back up.

I agree Hela was still above him but as you say she wasn’t toying anymore at that point and had to fight harder against him. I think if Hulk had gotten involved in the bifrost fight with lightning powered Thor and Valkyrie they may have been able to overwhelm her, but not necessarily beat her permanently.

I don’t see those 3 taking down Thanos but I think they could have with Hela, just not permanently. I also think again if Thor had Stormbreaker against Hela the fight would have been much different.

Thor with his powers unlocked but no Stormbreaker is strong enough to hold Hela off for a minute or two (with help from Valkyrie) whilst his people escape and Loki unleashes Surtur. He still took a sword to the chest inside of a minute and a spear through the chest by 1:20. Thor's healing factor/Hela being too distracted to finish him off saved him in that fight whereas this is a one on one fight, Hela will take it seriously from the start because she's ruthless and will recognise the gauntlet and as far as we know Thanos doesn't have a healing factor anyway.

Thor obviously thinks that even with his new power and Loki, Valkyrie and Hulk backing him up they don't have a chance against Hela which is why he goes for the extreme option of unleashing Surtur and allows Ragnarok to destroy his home. And Hela still goes down impaling/staggering Surtur, a being who can flatten a city, throw Hulk away like an ant and take out a small planet with a sword.

Thanos on the other hand apparently fought Hulk and Thor one at a time and his fight against Thor is off-screen and may have involved Black Order backup, the power gem, a surprise attack, Thor being handicapped by not wanting to hit refugees with lightning etc. It's just not as impressive to me.

Stormbreaker Thor isn't really relevant for Hela vs Thanos with just the Power Stone, I'd argue he's above both of them. Stormbreaker should amp Thor enough to take on Hela and since he overpowered/almost killed Thanos with 6 stones I think it's safe to say he could have beaten Thanos when he only had one.

Last edited:
Agreed. I don’t see him doing that well against Thanos without Stormbreaker.

Without Stormbreaker but with his full God of Thunder powers unlocked and the open space to use them without worrying about being on a spaceship full of refugees I think he'd give Thanos a bad place of a fight. It'd be closer than his fight with Hela on the bifrost, especially if he had the Asgardian swords he used against her (and he had Valkyrie for backup in the Hela fight too).

Thanos is a beast physically and faster/far more skilled than Hulk but when Thor's charged with lightning he hits harder than Hulk too, right now he has better durability, speed and skill feats than Thanos does without his gauntlet and we know Thanos can be ragdolled by lightning and isn't invulnerable to piercing weapons. Thanos would still win once he decided to use the power stone but I reckon it'd be closer than you think.

Last edited:
Thör-El;36705463 said:
Without Stormbreaker but with his full God of Thunder powers unlocked and the open space to use them without worrying about being on a spaceship full of refugees I think he'd give Thanos a bad place of a fight. It'd be closer than his fight with Hela on the bifrost, especially if he had the Asgardian swords he used against her (and he had Valkyrie for backup in the Hela fight too).

Thanos is a beast physically and faster/far more skilled than Hulk but when Thor's charged with lightning he hits harder than Hulk too, right now he has better durability, speed and skill feats than Thanos does without his gauntlet and we know Thanos can be ragdolled by lightning and isn't invulnerable to piercing weapons. Thanos would still win once he decided to use the power stone but I reckon it'd be closer than you think.

Says who? Thanos wasn’t just pierced by any piercing weapon, it was freaking Stormbreaker thrown by a God when Thanos only had little time to react. It took all of the power of Iron Mans new, more powerful suit just to get Thanos to get a minor cut.

Also we never saw the effect of Thor’s lightning on Thanos just on its own. Only when it charged Thor’s New hammer. Stormbreaker was made for somone like Odin. I don’t see either Thor or Hela beating Odin, but I think Thanos could.

Says who? Thanos wasn’t just pierced by any piercing weapon, it was freaking Stormbreaker thrown by a God when Thanos only had little time to react. It took all of the power of Iron Mans new, more powerful suit just to get Thanos to get a minor cut.

I take it you're a big Thanos fan but no need to get hyper defensive. I literally used the words "isn't invulnerable to piercing weapons", I'm not saying he's weak to paper cuts or anything. If even Iron Man can draw blood and Stormbreaker can near enough cleave him in two despite losing momentum overpowering the Infinity Gauntlet first then I imagine Thor with an Asgardian sword can do some respectable damage if he's able to land a solid hit.

Also we never saw the effect of Thor’s lightning on Thanos just on its own. Only when it charged Thor’s New hammer.
That's true but I think it's fair to say that the "biggest lightning bolt in the history of lightning" that destroyed Asgard's palace and ragdolled/stunned Hela was visibly the biggest/most destructive lightning bolt in the MCU whereas Thor used lightning in Infinity War to quickly blindside Thanos and keep him off balance to prevent him from using the gauntlet for a few more seconds whilst he went for the killer blow with the axe.

Stormbreaker was made for someone like Odin.
You really think an axe with Storm in the name wasn't specifically made for Thor?
Anyway, that's moot. The mouldings had already been made before Eitri's hands were crippled/Thor arrived on Nidavellir. It was designed to be the most powerful weapon of Asgard but it wasn't specifically designed to take on the Infinity Gauntlet/kill Thanos.

I don’t see either Thor or Hela beating Odin, but I think Thanos could.
Odin's above Thanos in the comics but it's less clear in the films. To be honest MCU Odin's mostly featless aside from depowering Thor/ragdolling a group of Frost Giants in Thor 1. He doesn't have any physical fight scenes so all we really know for sure in terms of Odin's power is that even in his old age he's seen as clearly above pre-Ragnarok Thor, had enough magic to imprison Hela but was somehow ambushed by one of Loki's spells.

I get the impression old age has seriously weakened MCU Odin whereas in the comics he's hundreds of millennia old but as strong as ever. We know that in his youth he somehow beat Surtur Prime and Hela (although he might've had help, Hela might even have helped him face Surtur).

I think Hela beats base Thanos 10/10 but that drops to 6 or 7/10 if you give Thanos the power stone. I think Surtur Prime takes Thanos 10/10 and that Thanos would need more than one stone to have a serious chance. I imagine Odin in his prime being closer to Surtur's level but Odin in his old age being weaker than Hela.

Last edited:
Also we never saw the effect of Thor’s lightning on Thanos just on its own. Only when it charged Thor’s New hammer. Stormbreaker was made for somone like Odin. I don’t see either Thor or Hela beating Odin, but I think Thanos could.

To be fair it was never stated that Stormbreaker "amps" Thor's lightning abilities, Mjolnir never did either it was merely an assumption.

Odin alreadly told Thor it was his power and after Thor lost Mjolnir he eventually learned to channel it on his own. Now Stormbreaker does increase Thor's striking and deadliness in melee attacks, but the lightning is all Thor bro we just sat through a 2 hour and 10 minute film about it last November.

I voted for Hela because of what people said in this thread, I think she would beat Thanos.

To be fair it was never stated that Stormbreaker "amps" Thor's lightning abilities, Mjolnir never did either it was merely an assumption.

Odin alreadly told Thor it was his power and after Thor lost Mjolnir he eventually learned to channel it on his own. Now Stormbreaker does increase Thor's striking and deadliness in melee attacks, but the lightning is all Thor bro we just sat through a 2 hour and 10 minute film about it last November.

I never said Stormbreaker amps Thor's lightning, just that the only time Thor uses lightning against Thanos was when he charged Stormbreaker with it.

Yeah, I watched that 2 hour 10 movie in November :cwink:. Stormbreaker did bring Thor back from almost dying though so I do think it adds to his power in some ways.

Thör-El;36705693 said:
I take it you're a big Thanos fan but no need to get hyper defensive. I literally used the words "isn't invulnerable to piercing weapons", I'm not saying he's weak to paper cuts or anything. If even Iron Man can draw blood and Stormbreaker can near enough cleave him in two despite losing momentum overpowering the Infinity Gauntlet first then I imagine Thor with an Asgardian sword can do some respectable damage if he's able to land a solid hit.

That's true but I think it's fair to say that the "biggest lightning bolt in the history of lightning" that destroyed Asgard's palace and ragdolled/stunned Hela was visibly the biggest/most destructive lightning bolt in the MCU whereas Thor used lightning in Infinity War to quickly blindside Thanos and keep him off balance to prevent him from using the gauntlet for a few more seconds whilst he went for the killer blow with the axe.

You really think an axe with Storm in the name wasn't specifically made for Thor?
Anyway, that's moot. The mouldings had already been made before Eitri's hands were crippled/Thor arrived on Nidavellir. It was designed to be the most powerful weapon of Asgard but it wasn't specifically designed to take on the Infinity Gauntlet/kill Thanos.

Odin's above Thanos in the comics but it's less clear in the films. To be honest MCU Odin's mostly featless aside from depowering Thor/ragdolling a group of Frost Giants in Thor 1. He doesn't have any physical fight scenes so all we really know for sure in terms of Odin's power is that even in his old age he's seen as clearly above pre-Ragnarok Thor, had enough magic to imprison Hela but was somehow ambushed by one of Loki's spells.

I get the impression old age has seriously weakened MCU Odin whereas in the comics he's hundreds of millennia old but as strong as ever. We know that in his youth he somehow beat Surtur Prime and Hela (although he might've had help, Hela might even have helped him face Surtur).

I think Hela beats base Thanos 10/10 but that drops to 6 or 7/10 if you give Thanos the power stone. I think Surtur Prime takes Thanos 10/10 and that Thanos would need more than one stone to have a serious chance. I imagine Odin in his prime being closer to Surtur's level but Odin in his old age being weaker than Hela.

We will just have to agree to disagree Thor-El. But for the record, I am no more a Thanos fan than a Thor fan. I wasn't getting ultra defensive, I just felt you were adding thing to the argument that weren't true. I still think Thanos beats Hela though, and I wouldn't say Thanos was almost cleaved in 2 by Stormbreaker either, as Thor had to push it in further once he got there.

Not to mention, we see Thanos a few minutes later and he seems fine.

We will just have to agree to disagree Thor-El. But for the record, I am no more a Thanos fan than a Thor fan. I wasn't getting ultra defensive, I just felt you were adding thing to the argument that weren't true. I still think Thanos beats Hela though, and I wouldn't say Thanos was almost cleaved in 2 by Stormbreaker either, as Thor had to push it in further once he got there.

Not to mention, we see Thanos a few minutes later and he seems fine.

Happy to agree to disagree.

Just on your last point though, it's an impressive durability feat from Thanos that having an axe embedded in his chest (I'm not going to split hairs over what counts as cleaving in half) didn't immediately kill him.

I do think the only reason he was fine in the next scene is because he held on to life long enough to heal himself with the gauntlet though.

Stormbreaker did bring Thor back from almost dying though so I do think it adds to his power in some ways.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Presumably it amps his healing factor alongside doing everything Mjolnir did to a greater degree, letting him fly and massively increasing his striking/cutting power.

I hope he puts a worthiness enchantment on it at some point because that axe is ridiculously powerful.

Last edited:
Personally, in this battle I think they kill each other, but I see Hela dying first. Given their personalities in the MCU, Thanos would not be planning to use the Power Stone as a first Attack, unless Hela used building sized spikes she called from the ground. If she starts pulling off a feat of that proporton that would be able to kill him instantly, then he uses the Power Stone and crushes her body like he did the moon in Infinity War. So, while I think that attack is able to take out Thanos with a quick and utter death once it hit him, the time it takes her to make something of that Magnitude would give him more then enough time to react with the Power Stone and kill her first. However, I don't see her conjuring spikes of that size to try and take out Thanos, but more spikes similar to the ones she used quickly to attack the warriors 3 or the Valkyries. I see this attack as being successful at impailing Thanos before he can react, however I feel while Thanos is stuck their dying impailed by the Spike, Hela would begin to Gloat and he would use the power of the Power Stone to crush her out of existence before he himself passes away. If he can destroy a moon with the Power Stone it has more then enough power to destroy her. Some might say he had more then the one stone when performing the feat, but the Power Stone is the only stone that makes sense to be responsible for this feat. So, because in my opinion Hela dies first. Thanos wins.

Surfer

Last edited:
Personally, in this battle I think they kill each other, but I see Hela dying first. Given their personalities in the MCU, Thanos would not be planning to use the Power Stone as a first Attack, unless Hela used building sized spikes she called from the ground. If she starts pulling off a feat of that proporton that would be able to kill him instantly, then he uses the Power Stone and crushes her body like he did the moon in Infinity War. So, while I think that attack is able to take out Thanos with a quick and utter death once it hit him, the time it takes her to make something of that Magnitude would give him more then enough time to react with the Power Stone and kill her first. However, I don't see her conjuring spikes of that size to try and take out Thanos, but more spikes similar to the ones she used quickly to attack the warriors 3 or the Valkyries. I see this attack as being successful at impailing Thanos before he can react, however I feel while Thanos is stuck their dying impailed by the Spike, Hela would begin to Gloat and he would use the power of the Power Stone to crush her out of existence before he himself passes away. If he can destroy a moon with the Power Stone it has more then enough power to destroy her. Some might say he had more then the one stone when performing the feat, but the Power Stone is the only stone that makes sense to be responsible for this feat. So, because in my opinion Hela dies first. Thanos wins.

Surfer

I think at the very least he needed the Space stone too for the Moon feat to affect something that far away. We saw in GotG that even a Celestial needed to be on a planet to destroy it with just the Power Stone. It's moot though since Hela and Thanos are on the same planet if they're fighting.

I agree with your premise that Thanos can take out Hela if he goes for a powerful enough Area of Effect attack with the Power Stone e.g. the destroying the surface of a planet move.
As you say, it's out of character for Thanos to immediately resort to the gauntlet at all though and even if he does he'll probably go for the targeted blasts he used against Strange/Stark/Thor that Hela will have a real chance of dodging/surviving.

I'm not convinced Hela needs a lot of time for the skyscraper sized projectiles, she was firing them about one per second against Surtur, sometimes two at a time. I can imagine her hitting him with a combo of those, the faster barrage of swords that were one-shotting armies of Asgardians/seriously hurting Thor and close quarters melee for a killer blow and if Thanos isn't killed instantly then I don't think she'll pull an Oberyn Martell.

Last edited:

Surfer

Do you really think that the nigh-invulnerable Hela could be killed with one blast of the power stone? I don't. For starters, she's quick enough and lithe enough to dodge any blasts that Thanos fires at her, and even if he does hit her I believe she could withstand the power of the stone for a short while, at least long enough to slice Thanos to ribbons or crush him with one of her giant spikes in the interim. The Iron Man armor withstood blasts from the stone. Star-Lord held it in his hand for like five whole minutes without dying. Granted, he is half-celestial, but Hela is still hugely more durable and powerful than him from everything that we've seen, so if he can handle the stone for a short time then I imagine that she certainly can too. She may eventually perish from the power of the stone, but I fully believe that she could survive for long enough to take out Thanos first.

If he touches the stone to the surface of wherever they're fighting to destroy the planet, well, she can clearly levitate in mid-air and it's my understanding from GotG that the stone will annilihate the planet and anything that is touching the surface of that planet. But what if she isn't? Could she survive? It's certainly a possibility, and if Thanos is also standing on the surface of the planet, then wouldn't he also take himself out? Seems a bad strategy to me.

Do you really think that the nigh-invulnerable Hela could be killed with one blast of the power stone? I don't. For starters, she's quick enough and lithe enough to dodge any blasts that Thanos fires at her, and even if he does hit her I believe she could withstand the power of the stone for a short while, at least long enough to slice Thanos to ribbons or crush him with one of her giant spikes in the interim. The Iron Man armor withstood blasts from the stone. Star-Lord held it in his hand for like five whole minutes without dying. Granted, he is half-celestial, but Hela is still hugely more durable and powerful than him from everything that we've seen, so if he can handle the stone for a short time then I imagine that she certainly can too. She may eventually perish from the power of the stone, but I fully believe that she could survive for long enough to take out Thanos first.

If he touches the stone to the surface of wherever they're fighting to destroy the planet, well, she can clearly levitate in mid-air and it's my understanding from GotG that the stone will annilihate the planet and anything that is touching the surface of that planet. But what if she isn't? Could she survive? It's certainly a possibility, and if Thanos is also standing on the surface of the planet, then wouldn't he also take himself out? Seems a bad strategy to me.

Well I think you use characters surviving a blast from the power stone as the limits of what it is capable of when he has been shown to have larger feats from the power stone like breaking apart the moon. I think that if Thanos wanted to kill them with the blast he would of done so. Again I feel if Thanos can destroy and break apart a Moon with the Power Stones power then it has more then enough power to destroy and break apart her Asgardian body. As for how he would hit Hela with the Power Stone blast when she is clearly a very acrobatic and skilled fighter. Again it is both characters personalities that leads to their ultimate demise. Thanos is impailed due to his over confidence in winning and goes into the fight unprepared, where as Hela would get hit with the Power Stone blast while gloating thinking she had already won the battle. Both characters would die because of being overly confident in their circumstance. So, again she might be able to dodge the blast during a fight, but I am saying while she is overconfident in her victory she is now the one unprepared and she gets blasted unexpectedly.

At least thats how I see it.

Surfer

Well I think you use characters surviving a blast from the power stone as the limits of what it is capable of when he has been shown to have larger feats from the power stone like breaking apart the moon. I think that if Thanos wanted to kill them with the blast he would of done so. Again I feel if Thanos can destroy and break apart a Moon with the Power Stones power then it has more then enough power to destroy and break apart her Asgardian body. As for how he would hit Hela with the Power Stone blast when she is clearly a very acrobatic and skilled fighter. Again it is both characters personalities that leads to their ultimate demise. Thanos is impailed due to his over confidence in winning and goes into the fight unprepared, where as Hela would get hit with the Power Stone blast while gloating thinking she had already won the battle. Both characters would die because of being overly confident in their circumstance. So, again she might be able to dodge the blast during a fight, but I am saying while she is overconfident in her victory she is now the one unprepared and she gets blasted unexpectedly.

Surfer

But Hela doesn't have just any old Asgardian body, she's one of the most powerful Asgardians who ever lived (probably top 3 with Odin and Bor I imagine). Her body has withstood being stabbed multiple times point blank (with the blade going right through her), one time with the spear of Odin, and blasted with 'the strongest lightning bolt of all time' with nary even a scratch or a broken nail. That may not be comparable to being blasted with the power stone, but I also present the fact that Thor is less powerful than her (and she is clearly stronger than him) and yet his body managed to withstand the full force of a dying star and that didn't kill him or even really injure him. If his body can withstand that, then it stands to reason that Hela's can withstand more. I could definitely see her super strong, nigh invulnerable body withstanding the force of the stone for a short while, long enough to kill Thanos anyway.

You're probably right that they'd likely end up killing each other (and could also likely end up taking out a planet in the process), but I still think that Hela would ultimately last longer because I think she's stronger and more durable.

Thör-El;36707153 said:
Happy to agree to disagree.

Cool :up:

Thör-El;36707153 said:
Just on your last point though, it's an impressive durability feat from Thanos that having an axe embedded in his chest (I'm not going to split hairs over what counts as cleaving in half) didn't immediately kill him.

I do think the only reason he was fine in the next scene is because he held on to life long enough to heal himself with the gauntlet though.

It is impressive from Thanos. Also, I dont think I Thanos did heal himself with the gauntlet, as his arm and the gauntlet itself were still burnt out in the same scene, so I don’t see him just healing one part of himself. There may be more going on in that scene, but we won’t find out until next year.

I know you think the gauntlet was made so Thanos could wield the stones (personally I just think he needed the gauntlet to focus their power all at once), but spew still saw Thanos having to take their power each time he got a new one. Both Ronan and Eson had the stones imbedded in a weapon also, and even then they could only handle one. Thanos has some ridiculous durability feats in IW. He also outmuscled a pissed of Hulk, something Thor hasn’t been able to do just strength wise. I honestly think people are under selling Thanos in this thread.

Thör-El;36707153 said:
Yeah, I noticed that too. Presumably it amps his healing factor alongside doing everything Mjolnir did to a greater degree, letting him fly and massively increasing his striking/cutting power.

I hope he puts a worthiness enchantment on it at some point because that axe is ridiculously powerful.

Yeah so the Thor Thanos faced st the end was more powerful, and it backs up my point that I think if Thor had Stormbreaker he defeats Hela. Agree on the enchantment though. Unless Beta Ray Bill gains possession of it at some point.

But Hela doesn't have just any old Asgardian body, she's one of the most powerful Asgardians who ever lived (probably top 3 with Odin and Bor I imagine). Her body has withstood being stabbed multiple times point blank (with the blade going right through her), one time with the spear of Odin, and blasted with 'the strongest lightning bolt of all time' with nary even a scratch or a broken nail. That may not be comparable to being blasted with the power stone, but I also present the fact that Thor is less powerful than her (and she is clearly stronger than him) and yet his body managed to withstand the full force of a dying star and that didn't kill him or even really injure him. If his body can withstand that, then it stands to reason that Hela's can withstand more. I could definitely see her super strong, nigh invulnerable body withstanding the force of the stone for a short while, long enough to kill Thanos anyway.

You're probably right that they'd likely end up killing each other (and could also likely end up taking out a planet in the process), but I still think that Hela would ultimately last longer because I think she's stronger and more durable.

Well I don't disagree that Hela is more durable than Thanos with the Power Stone, despite me feeling Thanos himself is extremely Durable. I also, don't disagree that Thanos is out matched in fighting prowess by Hela. Which is why I see Hela as getting the first attack in and I see her Spikes as being powerful enough to impale and eventually kill him. However, I think Thanos would be able to last long enough to blast her while she is gloating about her victory. I mean in terms of power I think that the Power Stone gives Thanos more then enough power to overcome Hela's durability and rather quickly. It's called the power stone because it represents the ultimate physical power within the universe. So, nothing should be able to withstand it' damage if the user is really trying to go all out. This includes Hela. Again though this is a very difficult and close fight to judge, which is even represented in how close the votes are in the poll. So, I am not saying your wrong that she might outlast Thanos, I just don't think she would when you consider just how powerful the Power Stone really is.

Surfer

I feel like thanos' use of the power stone was drastically below what we saw ronan do with it.

The power stone did not actively boost thanos like it did for ronan probably because of how the gauntlet was designed that handicap would likely result in a Hela victory unless thanos can use it with greater intensity than what we saw

I say Hela takes this

Last edited:
I feel like thanos use of the power stone was drastically below what we saw ronan do with it.
The powerstone did not actively boost thanos like it did for ronan probably because of how the gauntlet was designed that handicap would likely result in a Hela victory unless thanos can use it with greater intensity than what we saw

What did Ronan do that was more powerful than Thanos destroying a Moon?

Surfer

Thör-El;36707599 said:
I think at the very least he needed the Space stone too for the Moon feat to affect something that far away. We saw in GotG that even a Celestial needed to be on a planet to destroy it with just the Power Stone. It's moot though since Hela and Thanos are on the same planet if they're fighting.

I agree with your premise that Thanos can take out Hela if he goes for a powerful enough Area of Effect attack with the Power Stone e.g. the destroying the surface of a planet move.
As you say, it's out of character for Thanos to immediately resort to the gauntlet at all though and even if he does he'll probably go for the targeted blasts he used against Strange/Stark/Thor that Hela will have a real chance of dodging/surviving.

I'm not convinced Hela needs a lot of time for the skyscraper sized projectiles, she was firing them about one per second against Surtur, sometimes two at a time. I can imagine her hitting him with a combo of those, the faster barrage of swords that were one-shotting armies of Asgardians/seriously hurting Thor and close quarters melee for a killer blow and if Thanos isn't killed instantly then I don't think she'll pull an Oberyn Martell.

I agree the Space Stone was involved in this feat, but only because of the distance, but the destruction of the Moon portion is all Power Stone.

Regarding Thanos blasting Stark/ Strange and Thor and not killing them, I personally think Thanos's over confidence in feeling these characters are not a threat to him and his plan makes him take it easy on them. In his own mind he is a savior of life, not an evil Villain. However, if in a position where his Death seemed imminent from the hands of a Evil individual that did him harm. He would not hesitate to kill that individual with extreme prejudice. Just ask Loki.

I think that Hela can launch the large building spikes as quickly as the smaller spikes, but the launching speed is not why Thanos would be able to attack first. He would attack first because he would see her creating these massive spikes that are rising from the earth and realize that he is dealing with a very powerful advesary. These Spikes took several seconds to create before she began launching them, which would give Thanos more then enough time to react and crush her using the Power Stone.

Again though this is just my opinion.

Surfer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"