MCU Power Tiers

Even so, a guy with an infinity stone got taken out reasonably easily ( well it was tough for Thor but Nat didn't even break a nail ) in comparison Dr Strange stalemated Dormammu with a stone and the GOTG crew all nearly died ( they had to use the power of friendship).

Wonder what Ultron would have been like with a stone ?

Seemed to be a common thing in phase 2 (the Hero getting an assist from the Girlfriend to win the fight), with Pepper Potts in Iron Man 3 and Jane Foster in Thor the Dark World. I understand Marvel wanting to sometimes make women the heroes, and I am very excited to see Captain Marvel. I also understand their need to maybe say even normal people can be super heroes, but in a movie called Iron Man or Thor it really diminishes the main character into looking weak when these things happen.

Anyways, that is how I see it.

Surfer

The battle between Ghost Rider and Abomination has now ended (due to us allowing only a 1 week running period for each battle) and the characters have been placed appropriately in the power tier list. A new battle has also begun for Surtur Prime Vs. Eson the Searcher with Infinity Stone. Link below.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=537319

Thanks!

Surfer

Seemed to be a common thing in phase 2 (the Hero getting an assist from the Girlfriend to win the fight), with Pepper Potts in Iron Man 3 and Jane Foster in Thor the Dark World. I understand Marvel wanting to sometimes make women the heroes, and I am very excited to see Captain Marvel. I also understand their need to maybe say even normal people can be super heroes, but in a movie called Iron Man or Thor it really diminishes the main character into looking weak when these things happen.

Anyways, that is how I see it.

Surfer

Well Pepper Potta outright defeated Killian (which was too far), Jane Foster merely assisted Thor since he was the one who actually did it himself.

Thor was also holding his own the entire fight, unlike Iron Man who was pretty much being beat up the entire fight.

Last edited:
Well Pepper Potta outright defeated Killian (which was too far), Jane Foster merely assisted Thor since he was the one who actually did it himself.

Thor was also holding his own the entire fight, unlike Iron Man who was actually being beat up the entire fight.

Agreed!

Surfer

Not sure how Thanos isn't top tier. Even without the Infinity Stones, he's listed as the most powerful being in the universe. He's up there with Ego, maybe even stronger. All of the elders seem to tremble when you mention his name.

Not sure how Thanos isn't top tier. Even without the Infinity Stones, he's listed as the most powerful being in the universe. He's up there with Ego, maybe even stronger. All of the elders seem to tremble when you mention his name.

Keep in mind these are the MCU versions of the characters and as of yet Thanos really doesn't have any feats to speak of. I mean about the closest we get is him threatening Ronan (which while not a feat specifically does show he feels he can take him), although Ronan shuts Thanos out once he gets the Infinity Stone (Showing he no longer fears him with the stone).

Other then that the only other things to go by would be in the Avengers Infinity War Trailers, but we don't really consider it canon until it is shown in the movie, because sometimes things are left out of the movies that are in the trailers.

So, I hope that explains it.

Surfer

No, I'm quoting characters from the MCU who have said that Thanos is the most powerful being in the galaxy......and that's without the stones. He's beating an elder(the Collector)in a leak from IW to where he's begging for mercy.....again, without the stones. He's really feared by powerful people so he hasn't had to do anything. No "mere mortal" can hold an Infinity stone and I think they mean aliens who are mortal also, not just mankind..........but Thanos will hold 6 of them. So I'd say he's definitely up there with Ego and more than likely stronger.

No, I'm quoting characters from the MCU who have said that Thanos is the most powerful being in the galaxy......and that's without the stones. He's beating an elder(the Collector)in a leak from IW to where he's begging for mercy.....again, without the stones. He's really feared by powerful people so he hasn't had to do anything. No "mere mortal" can hold an Infinity stone and I think they mean aliens who are mortal also, not just mankind..........but Thanos will hold 6 of them. So I'd say he's definitely up there with Ego and more than likely stronger.

Yeah, but perhaps the characters that said this had never heard of Dormammu, Eson the Searcher or Ego the Living Planet, so to them Thanos who they had heard of was the most powerful and most feared in the Galaxy. I mean the Galaxies a large place. Ego searched for Peter Quill for over 30 years, before finally finding him. Also, again Ronan with the Power Stone threatened Thanos, making it seem like Ronan with the Power Stone felt he could take Thanos. In addition characters in the Transcendant tier are no slouches. I mean you have Hela the Goddess of Death in there and Ronan with the Power Stone. Not to mention these are just speculative placements at the moment and they will be corrected by fans voting on the battles where they deem it necessary. So, for now I am leaving Thanos in the Transcendant Tier speculatively until we have more information to suggest otherwise. However, I do agree with you, Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet will be Cosmic Tier for sure.

Thanks!

Surfer

You are welcome. It's a work in progress by the three of us running the battles weekly (BigThor, jaqua99, and myself). So make sure to cast your vote every week on who would win in a battle between the two characters fighting and be part of establishing this power tier list.

Thanks!

Surfer

The battle of Surtur Prime Vs. Eson the Searcher with the Infinity Stone has ended and a new battle between Ronan with the Power Stone Vs. Hela has begun. Link below.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=537581

Both Surtur Prime and Eson the Searcher with the Infinity Stone have been placed appropriately in their power tiers based on your voting.

Surfer

The battle between Hela and Ronan with the Power Stone has ended and they have been added to the Power Tier list in order and accordance with the majority of votes and where most people felt they placed tier wise.

Also, a new battle has started for Thor Vs. Hulkbuster Iron Man, and that can be viewed and joined at the link below.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=537773

Thanks!

Surfer

The battle between Thor and Hulkbuster Iron Man has ended and they have been added to the Power Tier list in order and accordance with the majority of votes and where most people felt they placed tier wise.

Also, a new battle has started for Ghost Rider Vs. Hulk, and that can be viewed and joined at the link below.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=537937

Thanks!

Surfer

The battle between Ghost Rider and Hulk has ended and they have been placed according to the voting and the tiers people felt they belonged to, and a new battle has begun between Ghost Rider and Hulkbuster Iron Man. You can get into that battle by clicking on the link below.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=538111

Thanks!

Surfer

The battle between Ghost Rider and Hulkbuster Iron Man has ended and they have been placed according to the voting and the tiers people felt they belonged to, and a new battle has begun between Ghost Rider and Thor. You can get into that battle by clicking on the link below.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=538323

Thanks!

Surfer

I have updated the power tier list. I may need to change Visions status if he loses to Hulk Buster, but based on the current poll where Vision is winning 15 to 0, I really don't think its going to be a problem.

Surfer

I have updated the power tier list. I may need to change Visions status if he loses to Hulk Buster, but based on the current poll where Vision is winning 15 to 0, I really don't think its going to be a problem.

Surfer

I just noticed Pre-Eternal Flame Surtur isn't on the list, didn't he beat Iron Man a while ago?

Thör-El;36465179 said:
I just noticed Pre-Eternal Flame Surtur isn't on the list, didn't he beat Iron Man a while ago?

Thanks!

Thör-El;36465179 said:

Good catch. I actually was in the middle of a move about 2 months ago and thought I lost this list forever, as it dropped off the Marvel Films thread due to inactivity. However, we had links to it in our signatures, and I thought today I would try it to see if it lead to anything. I was surprised to find the thread was still in existence and I was able to update and restore it. So, I did the best I could to remember all the battles that have transpired in the last months, but I guess I forgot that one. Thanks for your attention to detail. If you or anyone else notices anything missing or incorrect, just let me know.

Thanks!

Surfer

This game's good fun, thanks for putting it together.

I do have a few questions though:

#1) Couldn't we have more than one fight a week? e.g. One cosmic/powerhouse fight and one top tier/superhuman/street level fight.

#2) How are we handling rock-paper-scissors issues? e.g. Scarlet Witch beats Vision because she can manipulate the mind gem but she's a glass cannon with human durability so characters far weaker than Vision can take her out if they're fast/hit hard enough (e.g. War Machine and Hawkeye both took her out in one hit, others probably could too)

#3) What happens when sequels show us the outcome of a fight and it's not what we expected? Or even just show a character getting stronger after they've already been ranked?

#4) What are we assuming about these fights? Are they fighting in character with morals on (e.g. Thor and Vision often hold back) or are they fighting to the death with morals off? No preparation before the fight? Strongest/composite version of each character?

Good catch. I actually was in the middle of a move about 2 months ago and thought I lost this list forever, as it dropped off the Marvel Films thread due to inactivity. However, we had links to it in our signatures, and I thought today I would try it to see if it lead to anything.
Surfer

No worries. Wait, so old threads get lost on this site? Odd design choice. I noticed there's only a few pages of the Marvel forum, you seem to be able to find older threads on google though.

Last edited:
We initially had Pre Eternal Flame Surtur in the Top Tier speculatively where we had him battle Iron Man, but due to an overwhelming response during that battle suggesting the character should be a tier above or in the Powerhouse Tier, the three of us have concluded Pre-Eternal Flame Surtur should be moved into that tier to continue his battles. Therefore, I have moved Pre-Eternal Flame Surtur from his Green standing placed above Iron Man in Top Tier to a Green standing underneath Abomination in the Powerhouse Tier. Here Pre-Eternal Flame Surtur will continue fighting established characters up the tier list.

Thanks!

Surfer

Keep in mind these are the MCU versions of the characters and as of yet Thanos really doesn't have any feats to speak of. I mean about the closest we get is him threatening Ronan (which while not a feat specifically does show he feels he can take him), although Ronan shuts Thanos out once he gets the Infinity Stone (Showing he no longer fears him with the stone).

Other then that the only other things to go by would be in the Avengers Infinity War Trailers, but we don't really consider it canon until it is shown in the movie, because sometimes things are left out of the movies that are in the trailers.

So, I hope that explains it.

Surfer

Exactly. It'll be interesting to see if we can get glimpses of his abilities prior to collecting the stones in IW.

Updated reflecting the results of the Valkyrie Vs. Aldrich Killian battle, even though it is technically not over yet Valkyrie has enough of a lead that it seems unlikely that Killian will recover the point spread. We should have another battle posted soon, so stay tuned.

Surfer

Thor is now firmly Transcendent tier

Scarlett Witch is upper Powerhouse tier

Iron Man is now Powerhouse tier

Proxima Midnight is Street Level tier

Corvus Glaive is Top Tier

Cull Obsidian is Powerhouse tier

Ebony Maw is at the top of Powerhouse or lower Transcendent tier

Thanos is upper Transcendent tier

Thanos with The Gaunlet is Cosmic Tier

Well, those are all the changes to the tier list, everyone else stays the same.

Last edited:
Wrong post

Okay, time for an Infinity war update.

Thanos = we only ever see him with the power stone at the start. I suggest we treat that as his baseline. And at that level he
takes out Thor and Hulk pretty easily without obviously using the stone

Thanos goes to the top of the transcendent tier.

Thor = moves up to take Ultron's spot in transcendent, with
Stormbreaker he's capable of killing Thanos
, and probably anyone else, but Im not convinced he could overcome Thanos with an Infinity stone. Maybe he's just below Thanos or tied with Hela ?

Doctor strange = moves up to either top powerhouse or low transcendent. Just based on that he
lasts longer than anyone one on one with Thanos except Thor.

Scarlet Witch = moves wayyy up to top or near top powerhouse. Yes she lacks durability but
has some massive power feats IW, including veing able to destroy the mind gem amd can use her powers to deflect attacks, falls and impacts, she

Vision = stays powerhouse but
there are big question marks over his durability after IW

Thor is now firmly Transcendent tier

Scarlett Witch is upper Powerhouse tier

Iron Man is now Powerhouse tier

Proxima Midnight is Street Level tier

Corvus Glaive is Top Tier

Cull Obsidian is Powerhouse tier

Ebony Maw is at the top of Powerhouse or lower Transcendent tier

Thanos is upper Transcendent tier

Thanos with The Gaunlet is Cosmic Tier

Well, those are all the changes to the tier list, everyone else stays the same.

Agree on all that but dude, you ignored Strange - after IW he's got to move up, given that he
takes on Thanos one on one and does better than anyone but Thor , better even than Tony, and that's without relying on the time stone

Ebony Maw is definitely top powerhouse or low transcendent, given that he own Strange, and no one else comes even near him. I would put him close to the same level as Scarlet Witch.

Thanos with the gauntlet tops all tiers - and could probably take out Dormammu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"