MCU Spider-Man is very, very inaccurate

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' started by Peter B Parker, Mar 1, 2019.

1. ragingdemon155

ragingdemon155 Registered

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...That being said your opinion is wrong lol.

I love Tom Holland as Spider-Man and do enjoy MCU Spider-Man. However, Don’t put MCU Spider-Man in the same breath as the PS4 game version. That’s should almost be considered blasphemy. That version stands ahead of pack over every version of the character. It was literally a picture perfect representation of the comic book character.

2. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Not the Voice You Know

Thomas is not better than Tobias. And the Insomniac game version is a more impressive take on the character.

3. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

Tom Holland is the best live action actor yet cast as Peter Parker, IMO, but his material kind of lets him down sometimes.

4. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

He looks the part more than Tobey and Andrew. However the other Spider-man characters introduced in the mcu are mostly a miss. Okay Vulture was fine. But Michelle? Ned? who exactly are these characters again in the comics. Aunt May and Flash Thompson look nothing like their comic book counterpart. It doesn't feel very inspired by the comic books. Shocker (the two henchmen) are forgettable, and looked like a random henchman. Tinkerer was an extra.

Hydroman, Mysterio and Moltenman look good in the trailer but I don't think I need to see Happy/Fury/Hill in a Spider-Man film.

5. DoomRulz

DoomRulz A guy that comes and goes

Just so I'm clear...Tom's Spidey does not have a spidey sense, correct? I realize the answer should be an obvious "no" based on Civil War, Homecoming, and now FFH, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

6. ragingdemon155

This is still up in the air. They have put obvious
    Nods in the movies that he does.

- Saying “oh god” when Bucky throws that structure at him in civil war and ducking.
    - telling tony and strange that somethings coming in infinty war.

However it’s easy to go the road of saying he doesn’t haven’t it either . I don’t believe the team behind Homecoming understood that particular power or how to utilize it. There reasoning behind not including it was extremely lazy.

In an interview the director said “The idea was, again, just you want to make this movie be less about things you’ve already seen before, and you’ve definitely already seen a spider sense sequence done extremely well in Marc [Webb]’s and [Sam] Raimi’s movies.”....

Such a completely weak excuse as to why they excluded it .

Then the producer chimes in and say “I think he has it” sounding completely unsure. Lol.

Again no one knows if he has it or not ...apparently not even the team behind the film.

I Am The Knight likes this.
  7. Zarex

Zarex Registered

Agreed. A universe changing snappening and Peter's way cooler male role model died heroically in the 3 plus years since Uncle Ben bit it. Bringing Ben into the fold at this point in the series would fall flat for anyone that wasn't a comic book purist.

Por ejemplo - Say in FFH Spidey gets a final message from the past from one of these dead fellows. One option could be a letter left in the luggage that Ben never sent, telling his nephew (voice actor - Rob Lowe!) how proud he was of him. The second option is a post death video message from Tony (also now played by Row Lowe!) stating the same message in a slightly snarkier manner.

The first would fall completely flat on an audience that never met said character. The second would have the entire audience in tears. When Sony and Marvel Studios decided not to kill poor Ben onscreen for the third time, the guy's fate was sealed.

8. SkullDevil

SkullDevil The White Portuguese

Yeah, sorry, have to gravely disagree with your logic here. Doesn't mean they have to mostly keep pretending Ben doesn't exist. In fact, it'd be a much more fitting time to bring him up (not excessively, mind you) and touch on the fact that Peter has been losing paternal figures all his life.

Avenging Angel and Spider-Aziz like this.
  9. Schlosser85

The movie's version of Ned Leeds is basically Ganke Lee in all but name, who in the comics is the best friend of Miles Morales, not Peter Parker. He looks exactly like Ganke, and nothing like the comics' Ned Leeds.

Michelle Jones is an original character altogether, but then they muddy the waters further by nicknaming her MJ and putting her in this weird netherworld where she's kinda sorta not really Mary Jane.

Spider-Aziz and psylockolussus like this.
  10. Schlosser85

It's inconsistent. I think he's supposed to, based on the hairs raising on his arm when Thanos' ship arrives over NYC in Infinity War, but the other movies haven't done much to show it.

MaceB and ragingdemon155 like this.
  11. ragingdemon155

Can’t believe I forgot about that....

That was probably the most blatant display of it in the MCU.

12. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Registered

Problem with the spidersense is that it gets in the way to a certain degree. and thats why it tends to get forgotten or ignored.

#137 GuestStar2004, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  13. ragingdemon155

How does it get in the way?

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  14. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Registered

It becomes a question of when should his spider-sense go off. they may want him taken off guard, but it gets harder if you need to acknowledge his spider-sense.

15. ragingdemon155

That’s part of the character though. Intentionally or unintentionally leaving it out isn’t the solution. It makes it seem like they don’t understand the character by being inconsistent as to whether he has it or not. Hell the director and producer don’t even seem to know if he has it. If you’re choosing to bring this character to the big screen then it’s your job to find ways to accurately utilize the character the faithfully. It just seems extremely lazy not finding ways to incorporate it.

You don’t have to have this elaborate slow motion scene if you don’t want to. They could simply use very subtle cues to indicate that it’s there. Maybe a slight Audio sound like the Raimi moves or even verbals cues like was shown in Civil war and infinity war . It’s just doing a disservice to the fans leaving it out.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  16. antsman41

antsman41 Belongs To Prince

MCU Spider-Man is the best... on three simple notions.

Heart, humility, and fun.

None of Raimi’s could pull of all three, and Webb never got close to anything on that aspect.

MaceB likes this.
  17. fan4stic

fan4stic Registered

I think Raimi had those, and had the heavier aspects that I think fits with Spider-Man, which I think MCU Spidey hasn't been given

18. Spidey_62

Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

This. I feel like some people (not directed at anyone specifically) forget what the Raimi movies are and just go by internet shorthand for what people say they are. Whenver I pop SM or SM2 in again going in thinking what people say they do wrong and how they're not true to Spidey I watch them and I'm like "how do people say these AREN'T Spider-Man? Have they watched them at all?"

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  19. jolldan

jolldan Registered

Yeah Raimi's first two Spider-Man movies are still the overall best in my humble opinion.
    [​IMG]

Spider-Aziz and Spidey_62 like this.
  20. Spider-Aziz

People are way way way too hard on that version. It may lack the heart and the steady vision due to it being mostly a studio composition, but it has fun, and some humility.

Jedi Arrow, Spidey_62 and jolldan like this.
  21. jolldan

jolldan Registered

I enjoyed the first one of his more than the second Garfield was definitely fun and might be the best quipper of the three, I just wasn't crazy about him as Parker, he was far too good looking (which I know isn't Andrew's fault lol but I felt like they could have played it down made him look dorkier) instead he looked like some hipster model for most of the movie. I just never got the unconfident angsty teen vibe from him.

MaceB and Spider-Aziz like this.
  22. Spider-Aziz

Peter Parker has always been a good looking guy, even in the Steve Ditko art where the only two guys who looked better than he does are Flash Thompson and Johnny Storm. :hehe:

Anytime I try to think of the character looking dorky before the days of Tobey Maguire I scratch my head. Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi did a fine job selling the dork image and ingraining it in the minds of audience, even fans who think of the 90s cartoon as the ideal take on the character believe the dorky image that can't be seen in that show. :hehe:

23. ragingdemon155

Agreed. I actually enjoyed the movies and Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man. It was the script and material he had to work with which was disappointing. There were plenty of things I did enjoy about those two movies. He had a more youthful energy to play the character which I felt Toby lacked. It’s not his fault either...His monotone voice and personality just doesn’t fit that. Don’t get me wrong I loved Toby but in the suit he was never going to capture that fun spirit of Spider-Man .

I’m not say the Garfield movies are better because I did prefer SM1 and 2 over the ASM movies but those ASm movies were definitely fun.

The action sequences in ASM 2 were great...Also and I might catch heat for this but that Gwen death sequence was absolutely beautifully done. A lot of different elements then the comic but I felt more in that scene then I did in the comic partially because I felt movie Gwen> 616 comic Gwen. The action was short and intense and that image of him holding the webline with gwen while being choked out by Harry is classic Spidey. Asm2 should have scrapped electro completely even though those fight scenes were visually gorgeous. They should have focused the entire movie on Harry instead And developed him more instead of rushing him out there and treating electro as the main villain

Again there was plenty wrong with the movies due to the company not giving the cast a strong enough Scrip to work with....However personally I could
    Never jump on board the “they suck” band wagon. I actually enjoyed them in their own right.

#148 ragingdemon155, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Spider-Aziz likes this.
  24. Spider-Aziz

This is a good assessment of those two films. :yay:

25. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Registered

About the ben and tony thing. Imagine your father dies, you mourn and grieve. Years later your mum dies, just because you mourn and grieve over her does not mean you don't miss your dad too or your dad wasn't important.

Homecoming was set a good bit of time after peter became spiderman. If you want to see his loss over ben watch spiderman or amazing spiderman. The grief would have been the same for mcu spiderman, but we as the audience don't need to see it for a 3rd time on screen. We already know how important he was and how it shaped peter.

Jedi Arrow likes this.