Revenge of the Fallen MEGATRON : Vol 2 - The Irreplaceable Leader of the Decepticons

I liked Megs. Only things I didn't like was the Apprentice business and him suddenly appearing a lot weaker compared to the first movie.

yeah,but there were other Prime's,more than one at a time...most of them sacrificed themselves to keep the Matrix of Leadership safe...

just saying,it certainly isn't impossible to have more than 1 Prime alive at a time...

G1....yeah,Orion Pax was a wide-eyed,young worker on Cybetron,who looked up to these new Cybetronians called Decepticons,and their leader Megatron,because they were "cool" and could fly...Megs used this hero-worship to lure Pax into letting him get at..something,i can't remember what,but he used Pax to get what he needed,then destroyed him and 2 of his friends and started the attacks that would be the opening salvo's of the Civil War...Pax was saved however,and extensively rebuilt into Optimus,and Megatron had a mortal enemy...
i thinik since he was a dock worker he let them use the docks to import something illegal or something, and one of the friends damaged by mags, primes gielfriend elita one

Megatron and Prime were brothers according to the first film right?

Probably only brothers in the comrade sense.

In the movie based video game in The Decepticons campaign . The Fallen betrays Megatron and doesn't live up to the agreement to give Megs the power of a Prime . Megs kills the Fallen and destroys the Sun Harvester as well.

Why couldn't some similar happen in the film ?

That woud actually have been nice to see in the movie. But I still want to know what makes a Prime so special. The Fallen was one of the original Primes and could Teleport and had something like Telekinesis. Optimus had nothing of that and got his ass kicked in the first Movie. So what exactly was the Fallen afraid of?

Last edited:
That woud actuay have been nice to see in the movie. But I still want to know what makes a Prime so special. The Fallen was one of the original Primes and could Teleport and had something like Telekinesis. Optimus had nothing of that and got his ass kicked in the first Movie. So what exactly was the Fallen afraid of?

I don't know, but he sure got pwned :(

That woud actually have been nice to see in the movie. But I still want to know what makes a Prime so special. The Fallen was one of the original Primes and could Teleport and had something like Telekinesis. Optimus had nothing of that and got his ass kicked in the first Movie. So what exactly was the Fallen afraid of?

Prehaps it's The Matrix of Leadership that The Fallen fears if Prime got in his hands (Since only a Prime can use the matrix), In the animated film Unicorn was afraid of The Matrix and ordered Galvatron to steal it .

Could be. But there's too much guess work on our side involved. The Movie should've given us more than one line "Only a Prime can defeat me."

And how come that the other Primes sacrificed themselves to seal the Matrix away, instead of kicking the Fallen's ass together? Most of what happened is already starting to get blurry in my mind. Was the Fallen like the Ultimate ass kicker?

The Movie would've worked so much better if Megatron would've been the one calling the shots in the entire Movie, and have them look for the Fallen. That or accidentally releasing him.

i thought he was not exactly a 100% Prime.

Megatron wasnt a Prime, and in the movie it stated Optimus was a descendant of the Prime's, as he wasnt involved in the flashback moments.

Megatron is just an extremely powerful TF I think who has emmense power, but not the power of a Prime. However Megatron was awesome in the movie, and even more like Megatron than in the first movie. Him being The Fallen's ***** didnt bother me much, it reminded me of the comics were Galvatron was Nova/Nemesis Prime's little ***** until the last minute when he bertrayed him.

I dont think Megatron got the chance to betray The Fallen as they never recieved the power they were after, had they, i'm sure Megatron would have betrayed him no problem.

since Megatron was able to fight a descendant of Prime that means that he is very powerfull. and resepect for that. he was two times in a fight with OP.

Could be. But there's too much guess work on our side involved. The Movie should've given us more than one line "Only a Prime can defeat me."

And how come that the other Primes sacrificed themselves to seal the Matrix away, instead of kicking the Fallen's ass together? Most of what happened is already starting to get blurry in my mind. Was the Fallen like the Ultimate ass kicker?

The Movie would've worked so much better if Megatron would've been the one calling the shots in the entire Movie, and have them look for the Fallen. That or accidentally releasing him.
Before the movie was released, i thought that the Fallen was entombed in one of the pyramids and that the decepticons were looking for him to release him. Megatron could have hoped he could play second fiddle to the fallen for as long as he served his purpose, but in the end, the fallen wants to rule all and autobots and decepticons join forces against him.

That would have worked way better IMHO.

Definitely. You can't believe what a WTF moment it was for me when I saw him chilling on the Spaceship.

Not to mention that in the plot that i am suggesting, the Fallen could have passed as the god that he is because it would have taken the combined forces of autobots and decepticons to take him down.

The film could end with a temporary truce where everyone retreats. In the sequel, BOOM all hell breaks loose again. Because i cant see where Megatron is gonna get more warriors in the next one. More magic gadgets and ***** gods hiding among the stars?

since Megatron was able to fight a descendant of Prime that means that he is very powerfull. and resepect for that. he was two times in a fight with OP.

True, however another factor comes into play that Megatron absorbs the power of the All Spark into his system . He was already pretty powerful in the first film. The All Spark upgraded made him even more powerful .

True, however another factor comes into play that Megatron absorbs the power of the All Spark into his system . He was already pretty powerful in the first film. The All Spark upgraded made him even more powerful .
They why did he need two of the most powerful decepticons to help him fight Prime? Goddamn you Bay...

Definately, it was the same in the comics, in Megatron: Origin, he goes from a lowly construction worker, to an ultimate bad-ass. He beats Sentinal Prime to death despite the fact that Sentinal Prime was almost twice his size and the major Autobot enforcer.

True, not to mention in the first movie, as has been said since then, there were many humans in the vacinity so Optimus didnt want to cut loose. In the forest, there were none, and boy did Optimus cut loose!

True, not to mention in the first movie, as has been said since then, there were many humans in the vacinity so Optimus didnt want to cut loose. In the forest, there were none, and boy did Optimus cut loose!
That's a lame excuse.
Is it so bad that the hero lost? Bay didnt show the whole fight and so we got the impression that Prime didnt even land a hit, but if you watch closely, you ll see that he did. In ROTF Prime was way too powerful.

They why did he need two of the most powerful decepticons to help him fight Prime? Goddamn you Bay...

I don't consider Starscream to be powerful, And Grindor was searching for Sam . Prime got in his way and ripped him apart .

That's a lame excuse.
Is it so bad that the hero lost? Bay didnt show the whole fight and so we got the impression that Prime didnt even land a hit, but if you watch closely, you ll see that he did. In ROTF Prime was way too powerful.

I know Prime got plenty of hits, you see that in the background in many scene's, I have said often, Prime didnt get as owned in that fight as people think.

I didnt think Prime was way too powerful in ROTF either, I just think the situations were more desperate, in the comics, Prime is like this also, sometimes he will fight just to buy the autobots/humans some time to do something, other times, he will be completely ruthless.

In the most recent comics, he took on Megatron and got owned, yet held his own against Sixshot, Thunderwing, Galvatron and Nova Prime all in the same arc and all four are more powerful than Megatron.

megs is the saddam of the tf species, ruthless and letting nothing stand in his way

In the most recent comics, he took on Megatron and got owned, yet held his own against Sixshot, Thunderwing, Galvatron and Nova Prime all in the same arc and all four are more powerful than Megatron.
That's just bad writing.

That's just bad writing.

:huh: Prime has always been like this, he can be ruthless when he wants to be, but isnt all of the time. Simon Furman doesnt do 'bad writing' ask anyone who reads TF comics.

Prime didnt beat any of those characters BTW the way, but they didnt own him.

:huh: Prime has always been like this, he can be ruthless when he wants to be, but isnt all of the time. Simon Furman doesnt do 'bad writing' ask anyone who reads TF comics.

Prime didnt beat any of those characters BTW the way, but they didnt own him.
So if Prime decides to get ruthless he can manhandle Unicron? Come on, Prime is a great fighter, but there are many others that can beat him. Grimlock for example. Writers shouldnt let their fandom affect their judgement and writing.

Last but not least, i think that "ruthless" should be a quality attributed to Megatron, not Prime. Magnanimous, noble, peace seeking, etc are the adjectives that should characterise him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"