Revenge of the Fallen MEGATRON : Vol 2 - The Irreplaceable Leader of the Decepticons

So if Prime decides to get ruthless he can manhandle Unicron? Come on, Prime is a great fighter, but there are many others that can beat him. Grimlock for example. Writers shouldnt let their fandom affect their judgement and writing.

Never said Prime can beat anyone, and as I said in my previous post, he didnt manhandle Sixshot, Nova Prime or Galvatron, but he survived encounters with them and managed to make a good account of himself in those fights. Also, Grimlock more powerful than Prime? I seriously doubt it personaly. Grimlock got owned by Scorponok in the comics recently, and Shockwave beat of the dinobots single handedly as well.

Last but not least, i think that "ruthless" should be a quality attributed to Megatron, not Prime. Magnanimous, noble, peace seeking, etc are the adjectives that should characterise him.

The big difference is, Megatron is constantly ruthless, Prime only is when he has to be.

Never said Prime can beat anyone, and as I said in my previous post, he didnt manhandle Sixshot, Nova Prime or Galvatron, but he survived encounters with them and managed to make a good account of himself in those fights. Also, Grimlock more powerful than Prime? I seriously doubt it personaly. Grimlock got owned by Scorponok in the comics recently, and Shockwave beat of the dinobots single handedly as well.

The big difference is, Megatron is constantly ruthless, Prime only is when he has to be.
The dinobots have taken down devastator. Another time they routed the whole G1 decepticon army. They are supposed to be unrivaled in melee combat. I think that Prime once fought Grimlock to a stalemate when he wanted to lead the Autobots.

Prime is supposed to be a mechanical Jesus. He cant go round shouting defenseless war prisoners in the head. What will Megatron do?

and that i feel is a reason why, wait, isnt this megs thread?

as for what megatron would do, go around shooting everyone in the head!

You just witnessed the special power of Optimus Prime. He may not be able to Teleport or levitate Tanks with his hands, but he can take over Threads.

i want cake! wait wrong place for that line. but he is that awesome, that power should be mine! now i want a big arm gun thingy like megs so i can get an ass whoopin from prime to!

Again the brother lines are more along the line of BROTHERHOOD. Jazz is Optimus "brother" and so is Megatron. As Jetfire changing sides ment that Autobot and Decepticon is just a faction thing. They are the same beings. And as a dying race, brotherhood is even more important. And the Fallen being beaten by a prime. Keep in mind that Optimus showed a very different side to himself in this movie. In the first film, Megatron whipped Optimus. In this movie, In the first battle, Optimus went toe to toe with Megatron,Starscream, and another guy. He was doing great til he got knocked hard and they went to town on him(also he was trying to protect Sam). So megatron may not be as powerful as he appears. Though also megatron is just a big brutal guy. I think he's just a better combatant then anything. Everyone who is larger tend to be clunky and not as agile.

The dinobots have taken down devastator. Another time they routed the whole G1 decepticon army. They are supposed to be unrivaled in melee combat. I think that Prime once fought Grimlock to a stalemate when he wanted to lead the Autobots.

The Dinobots have their moments, sure, but overall, Grimlock doesnt have the Matrix and never will, because he doesnt have the power of a Prime. Grimlock is awesome, love the characer, but he is no Prime to me.

Prime is supposed to be a mechanical Jesus. He cant go round shouting defenseless war prisoners in the head. What will Megatron do?

Howe many people did Demolisher endanger/kill? He was running over countless cars, its not like he did nothing and Prime killed him for nothing.

The Dinobots have their moments, sure, but overall, Grimlock doesnt have the Matrix and never will, because he doesnt have the power of a Prime. Grimlock is awesome, love the characer, but he is no Prime to me.

I don't know how the comics work, but it doesn't seem like you need the power of a Prime to have the Matrix. You need to earn it. Sam earned it and even Rodimus earned it in the Movie way back. Magnus couldn't open it.

I don't know how the comics work, but it doesn't seem like you need the power of a Prime to have the Matrix. You need to earn it. Sam earned it and even Rodimus earned it in the Movie way back. Magnus couldn't open it.

Yeah, Sam was never a Prime.

Of course he is no Prime. He is a great warrior with a potato for a brain. But from the G1 and i think the comics as well, he and the dinobots are supposed to be the analogue of devastator for the autobots. They are almost unstoppable. But nobody said that Grimlock has the brains or the character to lead the autobots. Prime isnt the leader because he is the biggest or the most powerful bot, otherwise Metroplex would be the leader.
Why couldnt Magnus open it? I suppose HotRod was chosen and all that, but i thought that Magnus was supposed to be a great bot.
Anyway, i dont like Magnus so much (he seems like a copycat of Prime) so i didnt mind.

Yes, it was probably the chosen one angle. Magnus tried to open the Matrix when they were attacked, but he couldn't do it. But Hot Rod had no problem.

Yes, it was probably the chosen one angle. Magnus tried to open the Matrix when they were attacked, but he couldn't do it. But Hot Rod had no problem.
I felt kinda sorry for him. But Rodimus was a better choice. The reason they killed off Prime was to revive the franchise with new characters and stories. Magnus is too much like Prime. Big bot, truck, wise and battle hardened. Rodimus offered the necessary change because he is a young bot, inexperienced, trying to find his way to lead and carry on in Prime's footsteps, etc. He provided a new angle and new stories.

But he did run the organisation right into the ****ing ground!
aaatom.jpg

In the video game Megatron retruns to the Decepticons Fleet Carrier The Nemesis (his face and arm are repaired) He tells the Legion protoform Transformers who are in stasis pods to rise .

Rodimus didnt earn it, Hot Rod was just the first to catch when dying Optimus drops it, the Matrix must be passed on, and seeing as Hot Rod was the first to touch it when it dropped from Prime's hands, that is why the Matrix opened for him and not Ultra Magnus (UM is an awesome character BTW). Thats why the Matrix glowed when Hot Rod caught it but didnt when he passed it to Ultra Magnus. Its not about earning it, its about being chosen in the comics/cartoon.

Of course he is no Prime. He is a great warrior with a potato for a brain. But from the G1 and i think the comics as well, he and the dinobots are supposed to be the analogue of devastator for the autobots. They are almost unstoppable. But nobody said that Grimlock has the brains or the character to lead the autobots. Prime isnt the leader because he is the biggest or the most powerful bot, otherwise Metroplex would be the leader. Why couldnt Magnus open it? I suppose HotRod was chosen and all that, but i thought that Magnus was supposed to be a great bot.
Anyway, i dont like Magnus so much (he seems like a copycat of Prime) so i didnt mind.

Magnus is an awesome character, especially at the moment in the comics, as a bad-ass cop/enforcer type. But as I explained above, as Hot Rod was the first to touch the Matrix when it dropped from Prime's hands The Matrix assumed it had been passed to Hot Rod, thats why it glowed when he first touched it.

Glad it has been changed in the Movies that you've got to earn it. I don't like the idea of whoever touches it first gets to use it.

But thinking about it, shouldn't it have turned to dust in the Fallen's hand?

Rodimus didnt earn it, Hot Rod was just the first to catch when dying Optimus drops it, the Matrix must be passed on, and seeing as Hot Rod was the first to touch it when it dropped from Prime's hands, that is why the Matrix opened for him and not Ultra Magnus (UM is an awesome character BTW). Thats why the Matrix glowed when Hot Rod caught it but didnt when he passed it to Ultra Magnus. Its not about earning it, its about being chosen in the comics/cartoon.

Magnus is an awesome character, especially at the moment in the comics, as a bad-ass cop/enforcer type. But as I explained above, as Hot Rod was the first to touch the Matrix when it dropped from Prime's hands The Matrix assumed it had been passed to Hot Rod, thats why it glowed when he first touched it.
It seems like it works in different ways in the Bayverse and the comics/G1. Frankly, the bay version (earning it) seems better, but there also has to be a way for evil robots to use it so that they can hunt for it.

Glad it has been changed in the Movies that you've got to earn it. I don't like the idea of whoever touches it first gets to use it.

but he was a Prime.

attachmenti.jpg

attachmentx.jpg

attachmentm.jpg

attachmentm.jpg

attachmentwjt.jpg

I hope in the third film we get an even more detailed look at Megs in his tank mode. We really didn't get much in ROTF . Heck we hardly saw Megs in jet mode to The Nemesis .

I am a picky son of a *****, i know, but i dont like
1) his gimp left arm
2) the lower legs that are made of the tank's threads
3) the fact that his head is sticking there when he is into tank mode. Really now, does Prime need to stick his head on the truck's bonnet to see where he is going? Because on the toy's box says that Megs does it to lock on to targets and to have a better view of the battlefield.

That said, the rest of his body, his right arm (reminding us of his G1 self that had a cannon on his right arm) and his face are amazing.

Megatron hauled *** in Tank mode!

Rodimus didnt earn it, Hot Rod was just the first to catch when dying Optimus drops it, the Matrix must be passed on, and seeing as Hot Rod was the first to touch it when it dropped from Prime's hands, that is why the Matrix opened for him and not Ultra Magnus (UM is an awesome character BTW).

Sorry for going off-topic, but I don't really know if this was the case. I don't think the Matrix glowing in Rodimus' hands really had much to do with it. In my view, it was supposed to be used "to light their darkest hour," and thinking that Magnus tried to use it when they were against Wreck-Gar and the Junkions, not anticipating that it was the assault on Unicron that would be the apocalyptic event to deal with, Magnus made a bad call of judgement. I do think that he could've been Autobot leader had he just not become too desperate. Thus, it could've been just perfect timing on Rodimus' part, that he was inside Unicron battling Galvatron.

It seems like it works in different ways in the Bayverse and the comics/G1. Frankly, the bay version (earning it) seems better, but there also has to be a way for evil robots to use it so that they can hunt for it.

I didnt have a problem with the Bay-verse version of things, its awesome that it has to be earned in the movie to be honest.

One thing I do wonder though, is the Matrix now housed in Prime's chest as it should be?

Sorry for going off-topic, but I don't really know if this was the case. I don't think the Matrix glowing in Rodimus' hands really had much to do with it. In my view, it was supposed to be used "to light their darkest hour," and thinking that Magnus tried to use it when they were against Wreck-Gar and the Junkions, not anticipating that it was the assault on Unicron that would be the apocalyptic event to deal with, Magnus made a bad call of judgement. I do think that he could've been Autobot leader had he just not become too desperate. Thus, it could've been just perfect timing on Rodimus' part, that he was inside Unicron battling Galvatron.

Magnus didnt use it against Wreck-Gar, he tried to use it against Galvatron, and Galvatron destroyed him and took the Matrix, had Hot Rod been the one instead of Magnus fighting Galvatron at that moment, The Matrix would have opened for him. It glowed in Hot Rod's hand because it was, inadvertently, passed down to him from another Prime, Hot Rod was the ONLY one who could have opened it once he touched it.

Megs, I liked in this movie, except that I wish they went into more detail what influence the fallen had over him, and his influence over Megs in relation to the first film...you'd think someone like the fallen who had to be around during the first one, would of been the one to send megatron to get the cube, meaning once megatron failed, that he himself would go?

I dunno, there wasn't enough backstory on the fallen, other characters I don't care that much about.

I absolutely loved the starscream/megatron sequences in the movie, if theres one thing Bay got right it was those scenes

Megatron's feet were too big. Especially on the skyscraper with SS he looked like a kid in his father's boots. He could barely walk with all that mass there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"