Supergirl Mehcad Brooks is Jimmy Olsen

Honestly, I'm kinda not feeling it. Nothing he's done points to him really making for a good Jimmy. He comes across as too jock, IMO.

This is a surprise. I didn't know they were going to do an age gap. The actor's great. Best part of Necessary Roughness. But he was a TO parody and not a Jimmy Olsen like character.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm kinda not feeling it. Nothing he's done points to him really making for a good Jimmy. He comes across as too jock, IMO.

Exactly, and nothing I've seen him do could lead me to believe he could play close the goofy bumbling Jimmy. Of course some people are gonna go right for the skin color, but if someone like say Tyler James Williams was cast, I'd probably be all for it, but this guy? Eh. Makes me kinda worried that they're changing the character too much that they went for someone like him.

11w94ht.gif

WOW, the knee-jerk complaining started extra-early today. Never change fandom, never change.

Wow. Race change aside (because that doesn't bother me at all), he comes off way too jockish for Jimmy. But we'll see how this plays out, and how he fits into the role.

Jimmy Olsen being black doesn't phase me.

The real plot twist is that CBS, of all stations, would have the stones to have a lead white female character crushing on a black male. That still isnt something you see often...

That's my biggest problem with the casting. Jimmy moves from Metropolis, trying to start over but that little nerd never seems to have existed.

I wonder if he can grow out some red hair and get some freckles????
mmhm.gif

(I'm joking btw)

Last edited:
I'm okay with this. :up:

So, is this Jimmy supposed to be Superman's pal that needs saving? Cause he looks like he could be Steel. lol

This is the instance where you make a new character.

If they wanted to make Jimmy black then they should have gone with Donald Glover or someone like him.

just as I was starting to warm up to the show.....they go and pull this....I'm out again, screw it lol

The producers are going for a different version of Jimmy:

JAMES OLSEN | In his late 20s/early 30s, open ethnicity, James is a smart, worldly and (duh) attractive photographer for CatCo. Though an alpha male, his salt-of-the-earth nature elicits a huge ol’ crush from Kara.

http://tvline.com/2014/10/31/supergirl-casting-jimmy-olsen-cat-grant/

The change seems unnecessary, it will take time to get use to this new Jimmy. Hopefully the writing and the acting will be good enough to make it work. So, unless we get a traditional Jimmy in the movies, Smallville's Aaron Ashmore will be the last classic Jimmy Olsen for a while.

Oh they were looking for someone older. My mistake. If he's an older Jimmy who's been friends with Superman it makes sense that he's grown up and gained confidence. He will be great for that role.

The producers are going for a different version of Jimmy:

The change seems unnecessary, it will take time to get use to this new Jimmy. Hopefully the writing and the acting will be good enough to make it work. So, unless we get a traditional Jimmy in the movies, Smallville's Aaron Ashmore will be the last classic Jimmy Olsen for a while.

So the countdown to post-Convergence introducing racebent Jimmy begins.... :o

Describing Jimmy Olsen as an Alpha-Male makes no sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"