Supergirl Mehcad Brooks is Jimmy Olsen

Short answer: no. :oldrazz: The 1st kiss I'll give you, but that was pretty much the last time I felt it. But even then something felt off because it came way too soon, imo. It just didn't ring true, so I was glad they "undid" it at the time. Unfortunately, they went in the wrong direction from there, imo.

But in the early eps, when they were being at or odds or adorable comedic foils? Plenty of chemistry. Or when they were on the couch being cute about musicals, sure. Or as amateur undercover operatives in "Ace Reporter"? bad place yes. But the "comets" scene? Nah, I actually cringed at that. AND the scenes at the end of "Luthors" or "Mr & Mrs. Mxy" when the "tension" was supposed at its peak. I just don't think "serious dramatic romance" was the direction to go with them because that's the part they don't sell AT ALL, imo. They don't smolder. They bounce off each other beautifully, but smoldering is not what they do.

Well, then we probably should not talk about any rom-coms, any romantic dramas, any anything even remotely romantic, because I totally and 100% lol......disagree with you. Smoldering is what they do best...as is seen in the scene right before they kiss in "Mr. and Mrs. Mxy"....that's ok, I'll take my age and experience over anyone's here.....I'm older than all of you put together....LMAO.

image.php.gif

Short answer: no. :oldrazz: The 1st kiss I'll give you, but that was pretty much the last time I felt it. But even then something felt off because it came way too soon, imo. It just didn't ring true, so I was glad they "undid" it at the time. Unfortunately, they went in the wrong direction from there, imo.

But in the early eps, when they were being at or odds or adorable comedic foils? Plenty of chemistry. Or when they were on the couch being cute about musicals, sure. Or as amateur undercover operatives in "Ace Reporter"? bad place yes. But the "comets" scene? Nah, I actually cringed at that. AND the scenes at the end of "Luthors" or "Mr & Mrs. Mxy" when the "tension" was supposed at its peak. I just don't think "serious dramatic romance" was the direction to go with them because that's the part they don't sell AT ALL, imo. They don't smolder. They bounce off each other beautifully, but smoldering is not what they do.

Well, then we probably should not talk about any rom-coms, any romantic dramas, any anything even remotely romantic, because I totally and 100% lol......disagree with you. Smoldering is what they do best...as is seen in the scene right before they kiss in "Mr. and Mrs. Mxy"....that's ok, I'll take my age and experience over anyone's here.....I'm older than all of you put together....LMAO.
Gonna have to agree with Kelly here. True story I watched "Duet" with my 70+/yo aunt who before that had never seen any of the DCTV shows or knew any of the actors. She loves musicals and Victor Garber is a favorite of hers so when I mentioned he sang in it she wanted to watch. After the scene where both couples kiss she asked me if there was something really going on between them. I said that was a rumor and asked what exactly made her think that. She said that while Barry and Iris were totally believable it was pretty obvious to her which couple was acting and which wasn't.

Last edited:

The two looked like kids playing at adults. That was my main problem with it (other than the screen time and the speed with which everything happened).
Mon El especially, with his star struck devotion to Kara seemed to be having the first relationship of any meaning in his life (which is okay, by the way; and understandable). And, Kara looked much the same, but with the slightest bit (emphasis on slight) more maturity and level headedness.

[Till death do us part and romeo and juliet... Juliet was what 15?]

This kind of disparity doesn't appear when Mon El is being the sidekick or when Kara is figuring out how to mentor him because, well, it doesn't matter there.

If he has matured in his time away; as has Kara, then.. I don't think romance should be an issue. But, they should still give it some time; and shouldn't introduce a love triangle (or quadrangle based on what Kriesberg said) into the mix. It leaves everyone involved Not smelling like roses.

And please... no more fights in the DEO. For any couple.

PS: I think it was more an issue with writing than acting.

The problem with Kara/Mon-El is less the actors chemistry ( their fine, though Kara has chemistry with pretty much anyone ), and more the plot that was written for them. I'm just not going to get over "You are a bad person, Kara, for being angry about the slave-owning prince lying to you".

I'm not even going to say it was all writing....IMO, it was the amount of time spent on the building of the relationship. I got the love for one another, I got the chemistry, I just got it much earlier and did not need as much time spent on it.

To be more clear...

I did not need these scenes to get that they were falling in love...

Every scene between them in "We Can Be Heroes" was a waste of time as far as I was concerned...actually the entire episode was a waste of time.

The end of "Mxy" could have just as easily been at the end of Luthors...and we could have totally nixed the silliness of the beginning of "Homecoming"... all of their fighting scenes in "Homecoming" could have been nixed. "Distant Sun" could have been toned down in the anger area.....and then totally REWRITE "Duets" and made it better as far as story line. So much of the above would have given them more time to let Kara kick arse...AND, I'm not sure that I would have noticed as much of the romance stuff if that wasn't pretty much all we had with Alex and Maggie as well. Already having less of that this season has made it sooooooooo much better.

Anyone know when we're gonna see Guardian again?

Hmmmm....not sure.

As for me, hopefully never, but that would be weird....so hopefully they have an episode where they close that characters story.

I don't think there has been any reports of him suiting up thus far this season so I think we will see Guardian once or twice but they will probably phase him out.

They should do a scene where he is badly injured and ends up in the hospital.
Winn and Kara visit him and convince him it's not worth it so he gives up on the idea of Guardian.

James was great in tonight's episode and this is how it should've been last season. I'll bet you Mehcad didn't like last season.

Well he probably didn't like last season because Guardian didn't get a whole heck of a lot love .

Winn and Kara visit him and convince him it's not worth it so he gives up on the idea of Guardian.

Yea I think they need to make a choice. Jimmy is a either a full time hero and have him leave National City, or he's relegated back to co star/damsel/emotional support.

I would prefer your idea and have him snap his ankle and get back to being a normal guy.

James was great in tonight's episode and this is how it should've been last season. I'll bet you Mehcad didn't like last season.

Was he though? Again he didn't contribute that much.
*No tech support. Wynn has that covered.
*No physical support as Guardian. (He would have been a perfect aid to diffuse the krptonite bomb, where was he?)
*No emotional support. Kara has her new girl crew for that.

Yea I think they need to make a choice. Jimmy is a either a full time hero and have him leave National City, or he's relegated back to co star/damsel/emotional support.

I would prefer your idea and have him snap his ankle and get back to being a normal guy.

Was he though? Again he didn't contribute that much.
*No tech support. Wynn has that covered.
*No physical support as Guardian. (He would have been a perfect aid to diffuse the krptonite bomb, where was he?)
*No emotional support. Kara has her new girl crew for that.

He was the emotional support actually. The girl crew didn't do anything.

I loved James in this episode. This is what James brings to the table, not Guardian, and I loved the supportive role that he played. Even better than Season 1.

Nah, that wouldn't work. The problem with him being Guardian isn't the risks he's taking with himself; that's part for the course with every superhero. The problem with Guardian is his motive, and his indifference to the risks to *others*.

If he's going to learn a lesson, about either being a better superhero or that he needs to stop doing superheroics for all the wrong reasons? It needs to be someone else that's hurt by his ego, not himself.

I have a feeling we may not see Guardian much this season compared to last season.

I want to see more of he, Kara, and Winn investigating together more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"