Men In Black III

Conebone69

The Legend Ends
Reaction score
I dont know if theres already a thread on this but they should totally make another MIB movie. Cuz the second one ended like there was gonna be a prequel :word:

I made one a long time ago...probably died off though.

The only way I could accept Men In Black 3 would be if they made it a lot more dark and serious to counteract the ridiculously silly nonsense that was MIIB.

I wouldn't mind another go at the MIB franchise, as long as they make it more like the first one.

My interest in MIB films officially died with the first horrid sequel.

Men in black was good, but i feel it should have been a little more serious, like bad ass agents going after hostile aliens.

if they do make another sequel i wouldn't mind it aimed for a older audience.

Definitely needs to be a more serious film with slight comedic apperances from will smith.

If you watch the amazing cartoon series, it pretty much nails the tone the movie needs to be set in. i thought that series was nothing short of spectacular.

they definitely need to have a film based on alpha. He's the coolest villain ever.

Definitely needs to be a more serious film with slight comedic apperances from will smith.

If you watch the amazing cartoon series, it pretty much nails the tone the movie needs to be set in. i thought that series was nothing short of spectacular.

they definitely need to have a film based on alpha. He's the coolest villain ever.

thats what i was thinking, I've only seen a few episodes of the show, but the feel of it was about right, alot of action and serious moments but with agent J's comic relief.

and a 3rd movie was confirmed a while ago i think, i think its set for a late 08 to early 09 release, could be a rumor though.

thats what i was thinking, I've only seen a few episodes of the show, but the feel of it was about right, alot of action and serious moments but with agent J's comic relief.

and a 3rd movie was confirmed a while ago i think, i think its set for a late 08 to early 09 release, could be a rumor though.
It had a weird beginning and end sequence but it was a complete and utter joy to watch.
really good characterisation in my eyes...

I haven't heard anything about a third film. Unfortunate, honestly. :csad:

Not very i assume, from the ones ive seen it looked alot more serious, compared to the movies and show.

How faithful are the movies to them?

They are different, yet they're not.

The film is essentially, a comedy played straight, with a lighter tone than the comic.

In the comic, if you heard of something implausible, or sounded like a hoax, it was because the MIB set it up that way. The Comic book characters are much more ruthless and cold blooded in their methods as well, compared to their film counterparts. Agent Jay is at some point referred to as "the devil in sunglasses". Where Tommy Lee Jones' version just has more of a malfunctioning sense of humor.

But the comic has it's funny moments. As it explains that "The Day the Earth Stood Still" was actually a documentary. And that we didnt get a full treaty with our intergalactic neighbors until we defeated them in the "Video War" (yeah Space Invaders was really a computer-simulated interstellar war!). :p

Ultimately, both versions are good (Well the first film anyways), though the tones are very different for all intents and purposes, it's essentially the same story. It's just the movie version of MIB is a shade or two lighter in it's approach.

I haven't heard anything about a third film. Unfortunate, honestly. :csad:
I remember reading a snippet from ComingSoon. Coincidently, it was the morning after I watched Men in Black 2 on TV. It went something along the lines of realising the sequel wasn't the peak of the series.

Love the first movie.. and the animated serious is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"