Merry something something ATHEISTS!

Probably a combination of Darwin, astronomy and waking the **** up in general.

I'm not an atheist...just trying to be nice.

How about Present Day, Get Drunk and Fight with In-Laws Day, Don't Talk to Distant Cousins Day, Happy Is She My Third or Second Cousin Cause She Is Hot Day, and Mel Gibson Day

If you're an atheist and someone gives you a present for Xmas, do you give it back?

My sister's friend is Jewish and she got me a Hanukah gift...and you know I kept that ****. :o

Athiest discussing holidays?

Talk about irony.

More like regularday or noday.

I want to ask anyone who wishes to answer what the factors were that made him/her aware he/she was an atheist.

My parents were christian, so I will mainly focus on christianity and why I no longer bother with it

Noticing the use of circular reasoning by ministers or others in the church (using the bible to prove the bible), which raised my doubts.
Reading a book of Egyptian mythology alongside the bible, specifically the gospels, and noticing the similarities between horus and jesus.
Delving further into christian theology, and finding out nothing about jesus was written during his "lifetime", and the authors of the gospels are unknown and finding out that the 4 in the new testament are just 4 out of dozens of "gospels".
Finding no record of any earthquake happening in Jerusalem during a passover week in the first century in any historical book about that time, also finding no record of the dead coming back to life.

I've also looked into other religions/mythologies, and aside from a few guidelines for life that I agree with, I saw nothing conclusive that made be believe their god-claim was true

noticing the similarities between horus and jesus.

Elements of the "hero's journey" as described by Joseph Campbell indeed shows up in many mythologies and/or religions.

Some atheists seriously take it upon themselves to deny Christmas? :lmao:

Christmas is a commercial holiday. It's all about Santa Claus, getting together with people/family, and presents. To most people, even Christians, that transcends the birth of Jesus. Christmas being solely a Christian holiday is forgotten.

Probably a combination of Darwin, astrology and waking the **** up in general.

Astrology? Why..because they were always wrong? :huh:

If you're an atheist and someone gives you a present for Xmas, do you give it back?

bad place no!!111 :grin:
Nahh getting gifts is great, x-mas gift should only be returned if they suck. It is only logical, captain.

Athiest discussing holidays?

Talk about irony.

More like regularday or noday.

I guess we too need days to be proud about something we stand for.
Maybe we are human afterall. :wow:

Christmas is a commercial holiday. It's all about Santa Claus, getting together with people/family, and presents. To most people, even Christians, that transcends the birth of Jesus. Christmas being solely a Christian holiday is forgotten.

I totally agree, just have fun and be with your family/friends for gods sake?
Oops that last part came up wrong. :grin:

Astrology is the zodiac and horoscope ****.

Astronomy is NASA and those dudes

Astrology is the zodiac and horoscope ****.

Astronomy is NASA and those dudes

Damn that was a pretty big oversight on my part. I thought for sure it said astronomy. Eyes playing tricks.

I said the same but you typed it better

I'm an Aetheist and I love Chirstmas, it's a time of celebration and family. Eventhough my family is religuous I've never heard the name Jesus utterd once when they were opening presents and drinking egg nog and brandy.

Aetheist have the best of both worlds. We get to enjoy all the holiday festivities, while knowing that's it just one big sham. While we sit and laugh at the idiots who don't know that's it's completely man made.

I'm an Aetheist and I love Chirstmas, it's a time of celebration and family. Eventhough my family is religuous I've never heard the name Jesus utterd once when they were opening presents and drinking egg nog and brandy.

Aetheist have the best of both worlds. We get to enjoy all the holiday festivities, while knowing that's it just one big sham. While we sit and laugh at the idiots who don't know that's it's completely man made.

Well, that seems to be throwing your beliefs in people's faces and being somewhat hypocritical, but whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"