** Metal ** The Thread! II

LOVE this track!!! Just ordered the Fan Pack online plus I'm looking at attending four Rush shows in November. Yup will be flying up to catch Seattle down to LA!! :)
Woke up just now to the news that Rush has been confirmed for Sweden Rock Festival 2013 in june :D It will be the first festival gig 35 years, only festival gig in Europe and the only gig in sweden next year. So effin happy right now!

I'm looking forward to hear this in Ghost's version. This is perhaps not the most typical ABBA song, either. In fact I haven't heard this in decades.

Except for old Merciful Fate and Blue Oyster Cult (usual references), I also hear a bit of Demon when I listen to Ghost. Anyone remember them? Very melodic rock/metal band from the 80:s with often dark lyrics.
If you want more new old-sounding occult psychadelica rock, you should check out Jess And The Ancient Ones. They have their album available for streaming on soundcloud It's their first EP but it sounds fantastic.

Last edited:
Saw King Diamond this saturday, one of only two shows he's going to do this year. Very awesome stageshow, the whole stage was dressed as a haunted house with starcases and crucifixes and candles etc. And he had old Merciful Fate guests on (as well as others). His voice sounded as good as ever :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhdYdsWW-3E

0WDyc.jpg

Saw King Diamond this saturday, one of only two shows he's going to do this year. Very awesome stageshow, the whole stage was dressed as a haunted house with starcases and crucifixes and candles etc. And he had old Merciful Fate guests on (as well as others). His voice sounded as good as ever :D

Awesome! Loved King since first hearing Mercyful Fate's Melissa album...way back in the day. He's been a favorite of mine for so long. Glad to see he's doing great, and looks healthier than he was. Looks like it was a great show.

Sam

Quite a few of my friends have gone to Hellfest this weekend, super jealous. I'd kill to see Entombed.

If you want more new old-sounding occult psychadelica rock, you should check out Jess And The Ancient Ones. They have their album available for streaming on soundcloud It's their first EP but it sounds fantastic.
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it up. :up:

not sure if this belongs in this thread but Linkin Park's new record leaked this weekend, it is definitely better than their last one. It's a cross between Meteroa and Minutes to Midnight. It's more rap centric which I love and it gives a better spotlight to Mike Shinoda.

I listened to most of the songs. I liked 2-3 quite a bit, the others I don't know what I think of them. I'll have to give the album a couple more listens.

Been listening to a lot of older In Flames... New In Flames just isn't the same.

Sweet. We've got some metal heads in the house. I was lucky enough to be up front in the pit for opening night of the current Maiden tour. Anyone else planning to catch them soon?

Randy Blythe of Lamb of God arrested on manslaughter charges in Prague

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/06/2...rrested-in-prague-on-charges-of-manslaughter/

Acording to Czech news site Novinky.cz, Lamb of God vocalist Randy Blythe has been arrested in Prague on charges of manslaughter.

While I’ve only been able to scrounge up a rough translation of the report, Blythe’s arrest apparently stems from a concert that took place on May 24, 2010. Allegedly, a fan lept on stage during the show, resulting in a physical altercation with the frontman. The fan eventually succumbed to his injuries and died, leading to the charges Blythe now faces.

Metal head new in the house!!! Hi, I'm The Strategos and I love a lot of metal, especially symphonic, folk and all the bands hardcore metallers seem to hate lol!

Just got this tip:

The hook is incredible so I just had to share it :D

Count me in as a fan of power metal. The Virgin Steele song Blood and Gasoline is amazing!

Surprised no one has mentioned Down's new EP ("IV part I, the purple EP") which is coming out Sept. 18th.

They've released 2 songs:
Misfortune Teller
Witchtripper

Album cover:
Down-EPOne_Cover.jpg

Tracklist:
1. Levitation
2. Witchtripper
3. Open Coffins
4. The Curse Is A Lie
5. This Work Is Timeless
6. Misfortune Teller

Is it bad I'm just now getting into Machine Head... :D

Picked up their first album and their newest one.

I love machine head dude! I get pilloried a bit for this but I think they are great so don't really care! I have Through the Ashes of Empire and Unto the Locust - how about you?

What's wrong with Machine Head?.. They are better than most of popular metal bands. The Blackening was great.

Nothing as far as I'm concerned but a guy called Murph says he finds them annoying and people either attack them for their Nu Metal influences (I don't know what's wrong with Nu Metal either) or they attack them for letting most of those influences in Unto the Locust. I love 'em anyway!

Nothing as far as I'm concerned but a guy called Murph says he finds them annoying and people either attack them for their Nu Metal influences (I don't know what's wrong with Nu Metal either) or they attack them for letting most of those influences in Unto the Locust. I love 'em anyway!

The only album by Machine Head that really had that Nu Metal sound was The Burning Red. It was decent album but kind of a let down after The More Things Change which is still my favorite MH album. Solid band though. Even a less than stellar album by Machine Head is better than most stuff.

Anybody getting excited for The Acacia Strain's new album? I can't wait for that thing.

I love machine head dude! I get pilloried a bit for this but I think they are great so don't really care! I have Through the Ashes of Empire and Unto the Locust - how about you?

I got Burn My Eyes & Unto The Locust. :D

I plan on getting Through the Ashes of Empire and a few others next. I'm really digging them.

I like most of the 90's metal bands. Powerman 5000, KoRn, System of a Down, Disturbed, Static-X, Coal Chamber, etc. That's about half of my CD collection right there haha.

Awesome! I absolutely LOVE Disturbed (another band everybody "metal" apparently hates!). I have Ten Thousand Fists, Indestructible and Asylum and to me they really are jewels in my collection :) ! Unto the Locust is so good, especially Be Still and Know and The Locust! Btw, TFK, I'm sorry but I don't know Acacia Strain.

Any Aussies heading to Soundwave Festival in February? Pretty killer line-up including 3 of The Big 4 (Metallica, Slayer and Anthrax). Got my tickets on Wednesday morning and I'm excited as hell. My first concert :D seeing my favourite band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"