The Hip Hop/Rap Thread - Part 2

RIP X

Really sad. Definitely a legend. Drugs screwed him up badly but his initial run was crazy. First 3 albums were out in 2 years. Hearing him on that Lox track last year was a highlight for me, it sounded like he could have been making a comeback.

On a side note I saw Joell Ortiz mentioned above, can't post the tracks but I really liked 'Battle Cry' and 'Captain'. He's underappreciateed as he's not as attached to Em as Royce and Crook are, but he's a proper oldschool MC.

I like Ortiz a lot. I think he's 'softer' than his Slaughterhouse bros which people probably think is a bug but I think it's a feature. He's good at evoking the emotions of growing up poor in a fractured but loving family. He has songs that I imagine people find corny but he's earnest enough to win me over.

Sad to hear about the passing of DMX. I watched the Ruff Ryders documentary last year which was insightful. I had no idea DMX had been rapping since the eighties. It was interesting to see him rapping in the old school eighties style. I also had no idea he was a prolific amateur battle rapper before his recording career took off. The documentary talked about a big battle rap showdown he had with a young Jay Z.

The story of how DMX got addicted to drugs was tragic.

i will have to look for this documentary

RIP X

Really sad. Definitely a legend. Drugs screwed him up badly but his initial run was crazy. First 3 albums were out in 2 years. Hearing him on that Lox track last year was a highlight for me, it sounded like he could have been making a comeback.

i think he has an album coming out soon or was working on one?

Ay yo I'm slippin' I'm fallin' I can't get up
Ay yo I'm slippin' I'm fallin' I can't get up
Ay yo I'm slippin' I'm fallin' I gots to get up
Get me back on my feet so I can tear **** up.

Slippin is my favorite song my him.

Nebz Supreme and Eso Tre feat. Prince Po "Take It To The Bank"

The comedians from BBC sketch show Famalam did a music video for their catchy Dill-O-Gram sketch song.

Your new birthday anthem

R.I.P. Gift of Gab (Timothy Parker) from Blackalicious. He was 50 years old.

Royce da 5'9" is having a rough summer. Lupe Fiasco and Mickey Factz have both released pretty great and pretty scathing diss tracks.

Royce da 5'9" is having a rough summer. Lupe Fiasco and Mickey Factz have both released pretty great and pretty scathing diss tracks.

In response to Royce initiating the disses with his track lol. All three songs are cool. Looking forward to Royce's response to Mickey. This is the kind of rap battle that interests me. I'm not from the mumble rap generation lol.

Ok I didn’t even know Mickey Factz was still rapping so that’s cool.

In response to Royce initiating the disses with his track lol. All three songs are cool. Looking forward to Royce's response to Mickey. This is the kind of rap battle that interests me. I'm not from the mumble rap generation lol.

Hoping Royce will respond. He's refusing so far and just acting a fool on instagram. Disappointing.

Nas has a new album out on Friday. King's Disease II. He's just dropped the tracklist:

Lauryn Hill. Eminem and EPMD on a track? Nice.

Nas, EPMD, and Eminem is the most random collab lol

he got Lauryn on a track? :eek:

this album sounds like it's worth checking out

Nebz Supreme and Eso Tre feat. Prince Po "Take It To The Bank"

Earl Sweatshirts new album comes out Friday.

Up and coming UK rapper AntsLive has been trending on TikTok with his new track 'Number One Candidate'

The music video is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"