The Official Musical Theatre Thread II - Part 2

i got my ticket for the Hamilton tour this December. Pretty penny, but Merry Christmas to me

It's a unique part of musical theatre history, and will give you a lot to think about in the days, weeks and months after you've seen it.

i know the music pretty well, and i live about 45 minutes from Yorktown, and i enjoy history. i fully expect to love it.

fun fact: within the past 4 months, i have somehow managed to visit the graves of Hamilton, Eliza, and Hercules, and just like 2 weeks ago I was at the monument to Lafayette in Fayetteville. All due to travelling for work. I've had some kinda Hamilton/Revolutionary war connection it seems like on almost all my trips so far. I'm not going to throw away my shot to grasp straws and make connections here that are simply coincidences lol

i got my ticket for the Hamilton tour this December. Pretty penny, but Merry Christmas to me
Jealous! I tried and failed to get tix for it at the Kennedy Center. Hope you enjoy it!

Jealous! I tried and failed to get tix for it at the Kennedy Center. Hope you enjoy it!

if you're willing to drive a little further, tickets are still available in norfolk. balcony is $75, and of course there is the lottery

if you're willing to drive a little further, tickets are still available in norfolk. balcony is $75, and of course there is the lottery
Very tempting, but I'm already taking time off in November and again in December to visit family, so I can't really afford to trek down to Norfolk for that at the moment. :(

I'm ready!

'SpongeBob SquarePants' musical sets air date on Nickelodeon | Broadway News

SpongeBob SquarePants’ musical sets air date on Nickelodeon
SBML_1115.jpg

The filmed performance of the “SpongeBob SquarePants” musical will air on Nickelodeon on Dec. 7 at 7 p.m.

The broadcast, which brought together original cast members from the Broadway musical, will be simulcast on Nickelodeon, TeenNick and Nicktoons. The musical was filmed in front of a live audience.

In addition to Broadway cast members, Tom Kenny, who was the voice of the animated SpongeBob SquarePants, appears in the special to sing Sara Bareilles’ song “Poor Pirates.”

Going to NYC again at the end of March. Although I disagree with gender swapping in this case, I am definitely looking forward to see Katrina Lenk in Company regardless.

It was so fun to watch the SpongeBob Squarepants Musical OBC while in bed. I'm even happier that I didn't forget to record that bad boy.

After that, check out the Hamilton Mixtape album. I don't even like hip hop, but it's pretty good.
ive heard a couple of songs and enjoy them

i hear Kelly Clarkson's It's Quiet Uptown on Sirius radio fairly often

In The Heights movie trailer officially dropped:

I just saw Anna Kendrick sing a modified version of My Favorite Things in a Frito-Lay commercial. I don't want to live in this world anymore.

Hamilton was great. ended up seeing it twice lol.
very cool to see it in Virginia, the crowd was super pumped whenever it was mentioned lol

I haven't gone to the theatre for a straight up musical in forever.

I've been enjoying the beetlejuice musical album atm, but I'd love some recommendations that aren't Heather, Hamilton and Mean Girls or something of that equivalent, because I've already listened those songs to death haha.

Waitress is coming here next month. I don't really know anything about it other than Sara Bareilles wrote it. Has anyone seen it or can speak on it?

Waitress is coming here next month. I don't really know anything about it other than Sara Bareilles wrote it. Has anyone seen it or can speak on it?

I saw the original in previews in New York. It's pretty good, but not aimed at me in particular. Pardon my privilege, but it's really a musical written by and for straight women, so I think you'll really like it.

I went to a local theatre to watch Spring Awakening. This is the 7th production I've seen and it was very well done. I’m seeing it again tomorrow. Loved the cast and the staging.

Never mind, they pulled it. :/

Last edited:
Yeah, I had to cancel my annual New York trip this year. Looked forward to either loving or being appalled by the gender-swapped Company. Don't know if it's going to happen at all in 2020 for me.

was hoping to see Wicked again next month. don't think that's going to happen :(

wicked got cancelled obviously, but the West End ladies did this to help raise money

Hamilton Trailer for Disney Plus dropped

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"