MGS4 PS3 bundle officially $400?

I have a question for you guys, does the Motorstorm PS3 bundle have BC?

Hmm...does being able to play PS2 games take up HDD space to save data from the PS2 games?

I know for the 360, it does.

Hmm...does being able to play PS2 games take up HDD space to save data from the PS2 games?

I know for the 360, it does.
You do not need any HDD space to play PS2 games. Its all done from the disc and there's no required files needed for that. The only space needed is for game saves, but its not really noticeable. Really depends on the game, but most will probably be less than 100kb

Good to know. Just in case there's ever a system update that would allow PS2's to get played on the newer systems.

The closer I get to saturday, the closer I get to the PS3.....sigh.....

$500?

Wasn't it less than that before? I think one would be better served dropping 500 for the 160GB version.

Of course...it is B/C....

$500?

Wasn't it less than that before? I think one would be better served dropping 500 for the 160GB version.

Of course...it is B/C....
No, the MSRP was $500. The BC is the premium offer that this version has and its the only way to get it. I think this is a much better value than the 160gb. Take a look at the differences

MGS 80gb bundle:
80gb HDD
MGS4 game
BC

Uncharted 160gb bundle:
160gb HDD
Uncharted game
No BC

You can always add a bigger harddrive but you can NEVER add hardware to the system to include BC. HDDs are fairly cheap and 80gb should be more than enough to satisfy most people. If and when you want to upgrade, almost any laptop drive will do. $50 can get you a 160gb upgrade

Hmmm. Okay. You've sold me.

You could totally sell me a car anytime, man.

It'll probably sell out soon too. The BC versions are being hunted like Jedi's throughout the galaxy by the Empire.

I got the 60GB a little over 2 years ago but I only really played a few PS2 games just for the hell of it. I can't believe those games were considered cutting edge at one point. Me and my friend played Madden 1998 and we were like W...T..F? But yeah the system has lasted me a few years already and hope it lasts a few years more at least so I have no regrets with that $600 I shelled out for it. Wish I could say the same for my 360 I will be sending it in for the 2nd time soon thanks to the red ring of death.

Living in Europe we never got the hardware BC and to be honest, I wouldn't have bothered with PS2 games on the PS3 anyway. Too many new games to enjoy and not worth shelling out the money for if all you want to do is play games for another system.

I have a 350Gb HDD upgraded from the 60Gb PS3 and I think it's better to save money and upgrade the HDD using wat you saved.

The only PS2 games Ive really played on my PS3 since I got it was the MGS collection that was released earlier this year. I still have my PS2, but the upscaling made a world of difference, especially in MGS3. There is too many good PS3 titles out there for me to play to worry about the PS2. The new Yakuza looks nice but I never finished the first

Really?

I honestly didn't think much of the upscaling. I thought it be more like zilch...really.

I am looking foward to playing MGS1 though. Course, being able to play all the MGS games is a huge plus....

Has anyone tried BestBuy to see if they price match Dell?

I mean, I know they're not supposed to...but I've heard it's worked before...

Really?

I honestly didn't think much of the upscaling. I thought it be more like zilch...really.

I am looking foward to playing MGS1 though. Course, being able to play all the MGS games is a huge plus....
yeah it makes a difference. I had MGS3 playing side by side on my PS3 and PS2 on my HDTV and kept switching back and forth and it looks a hell of alot better on the PS3. The colors are more vibrant and the textures are sharper. They tended to be blurrier on my PS2 and more washed out

So...I'm thinking of getting this HDMI cable for the PS3. http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Cable-2M-.../dp/B0002L5R78

Anyone here use it before?

And just to know...with most HDMI cables, all you need to do is just buy the cables and hook them up, and adjust your PS3's output accordingly, right? No need to do anything else?
I havent used those but you should be fine. Ive been thinking of picking one of them up for my digital box. Yeah all you have to do is adjust the display settings on the PS3. Just set it to automatically when selecting HDMI and it will configure the resolutions as well.

Last edited:
yeah it makes a difference. I had MGS3 playing side by side on my PS3 and PS2 on my HDTV and kept switching back and forth and it looks a hell of alot better on the PS3. The colors are more vibrant and the textures are sharper. They tended to be blurrier on my PS2 and more washed out

That's cool. I always thought that MGS3 was a little too 'glowy'...Snake walking through the forest in the day looked like a dream sequence sometimes.

I havent used those but you should be fine. Ive been thinking of picking one of them up for my digital box. Yeah all you have to do is adjust the display settings on the PS3. Just set it to automatically when selecting HDMI and it will configure the resolutions as well.

Yeah, okay cool. I just try to do some reading up around the web and even some youtube videos....and I gotta say, some people complicate the set up too much.

Thanks for all the info, btw. My PS3 home set up is shaping out nicely. I've got the 80GB system, the LE MGS4, and with the HDMI cable I think I'll be set for Christmas morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"