Michael Bay Directing Benghazi Drama "13 Hours"

It is weird because Roland Emmerich is German.

I think Emmerich is winning the battle of 'who can destroy as much of the U.S as possible in a movie'.

Yeah, luckily Bay has kept his destruction boners focused on Chicago.

first american flag sunset shot 18 seconds in.

thats my Bay. :woot:

Man that trailer was so patriotic hahah.

Looks cool to me

Funny seeing Jim and Roy fighting side by side

Last edited:
Visually gorgeous.

Visually gorgeous propaganda.

Wow, this looks excellent. Hopefully Bay doesn't go too overboard with things and lean one way or another, because that Snowden teaser was oh so subtle too. Of course this movie is going to be a big political hoopla in the vein of American Sniper and I imagine this thread is going to create a big headache, if it reaches that level of success. I just hope he makes a fair, good film. There's such a thing to make a good movie that's patriotic that isn't considered propaganda, but just make a good film.

I can't get over how badass Jim Halpert looks. I still maintain he would have made a great Captain America.

Last edited:
When Captain Flint says you have 36 American lives to save, you'd best damn get to saving them.

Michael Bay Talks About His Benghazi Film: "There Is No Political Agenda" http://thr.cm/GymPSC

The film is about the September 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya. Based on journalist Mitchell Zuckhoff’s book 13 Hours: A Firsthand Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi, it focuses on the security team that attempted a rescue of American ambassador Christopher Stephens.

Asked how it approaches the “stand down” order that was debunked by the investigating Congressional committee, Bay said: “It does deal with the stand down order, but I show both sides of the story. I met with the CIA on this movie and I show the whole situation.”
He said his approach was more thorough than what you will see on television. “You don’t hear it on the talking points on the news. This is a much more in-depth look at what’s going on inside that CIA base, and it shows it from both sides,” he said.

Bay said an unnamed A-lister wanted to join the cast, but he went with unknowns. "A very big superstar was interested in doing this movie," he said. "I met with that person and because it’s a true story I wanted it to be really, really present for the audience, very visceral. It would be very different with a movie star."

Frequent producing partner Jerry Bruckheimer advised him against the star. “He told me don’t go with the movie star. Go with people that are great actors and that have no baggage and it can be a much more effective movie," explained Bay. "I’m really glad I went with this cast."

Even with his track record, when the film went over budget, he had trouble securing extra cash. “I’m someone who has made Paramount Pictures billions of dollars,” he said, noting the irony. “I had to beg for $10 million more, thoroughly beg. As they were putting my name on a street sign at Paramount Studios - I was in the executive’s office, and they were hanging my name, I guess because I’ve made them so much money - I had to beg."

It's really disheartening to see Captain Flint in Bayghazi. He's better than this.

Michael Bay's Benghazi Film Sparks Controversy Inside Libya http://thr.cm/VM4f3A

Even before the film's release, Hollywood director Michael Bay's new action movie is stirring controversy among government officials and residents of Benghazi, Libya's second-largest city and the birthplace of the uprising against longtime dictator Moammar Gadhafi.

The film, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, depicts the events of the September 2012 attack on the U.S. consulate that killed four Americans, including Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens. It is set to be released in January 2016.
Based only on the trailer, which has recently made rounds on Libya's social media, Benghazi locals and officials slammed Transformers director Bay for his unreleased film,calling it an "insult" to the north African nation.

"The people of Benghazi always wanted to be part of the international community," the Foreign Ministry spokesman for Libya's internationally-recognized government Salah Belnaba said.
But Bay's new action flick, he said, sends a message that they are "fanatical and ignorant."
The film follows a group of ex-military security contractors trying to save American lives in a dusty and hostile Benghazi.The trailer shows the contractors entering the city of Benghazi andquickly turns to shots of explosions, gun-wielding militants, and the Americans suiting up for battle.
"We will not allow the American media to destroy our reputation (using) the film industry," Benghazi resident Mohamed Kawiri said in a Facebook post shared by hundreds calling for a boycott of the "cheap" movie.
The film portrays the contractors, "who actually failed to secure the ambassador ... as heroes," Libya's Culture and Information Minister, Omar Gawaari, exclaimed.
Bay, Gawaari said, "turned America's failure to protect its own citizens in a fragile state into a typical action movie all about American heroism."

"The people of Benghazi always wanted to be part of the international community," the Foreign Ministry spokesman for Libya's internationally-recognized government Salah Belnaba said.

"We will not allow the American media to destroy our reputation (using) the film industry," Benghazi resident Mohamed Kawiri said in a Facebook post

Perhaps they should have thought of that before allowing a mob to storm the US Embassy and violently murder innocent people.

The film portrays the contractors, "who actually failed to secure the ambassador ... as heroes," Libya's Culture and Information Minister, Omar Gawaari, exclaimed.

People see them as "heroes" because they tried. Their unfortunate failure in the face of insurmountable odds doesn't negate their attempt.

Bay could direct a one-man show on Broadway and still find a way to work in a car chase.

Made me feel like a Proud 'Murrican just by watching that.

IM mostly seeing how John Krasinski does in an action movie

IORmn3K.jpg

This will probably be the first Bay film I dont watch. As if the public doesnt already have a confused uninformed opinion on Benghazi. This film is going to become the "facts" about the situation for most that see this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"